Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

On 11/6/2019 at 1:37 PM, skinzplay said:

Dorsey made a colossal mistake by elevating Kitchens to that HC post. 

I wonder how much input the owner had. Kitchens just not seem like a Dorsey guy. Devil's advocate, I'd find it hard to believe Dorsey would let an owner influence him like that. 

32 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

I wonder how much input the owner had. Kitchens just not seem like a Dorsey guy. Devil's advocate, I'd find it hard to believe Dorsey would let an owner influence him like that. 

Dorsey isn't some sort of deity, he's as human as the rest of us. I don't think it's impossible that Dorsey made a mistake for the first time ever. Whoever it is that hired Kitchens though, they're getting burned though.

17 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

I agree with both you and @NickyJ. I can't see Kitchens lasting in this role. And if Dorsey makes another HC decision like this, I don't see him lasting in his role, either. A lot of question marks on that coaching staff.

I don't get how Garrett gets banned from the NFL and Rudolph gets nothing.  Rudolph was trying to rip Garrett's helmet off.  If I was amped up and some dude nearly ripped my helmet off in the course of a play, I'd be livid.  Ripping that person's helmet off and then hitting him over the head with it would certainly be a possible response.

Rudolph is a **** and **** the Steelers and any pro sports fan from the ass backwards state of Pennsylvania.  I hope the Browns destroy Rudolph when they meet next.  That team can suck 1,000 dicks.

EDIT:  I don't condone Garrett hitting a person over the head with a helmet.  It's worthy of a suspension.  Not an indefinite one, but a suspension nonetheless.  I just don't get why Rudolph gets NOTHING.  Dude is a chode.

Edited by Springfield
  • Thanks 1

Can't say I blame Garrett. Rudolph gets hit as soon as he let's the ball go, and because he is a soft, coddled QB who was upset that someone touched him, immediately gets deep into his feelings, and starts ripping at Garrett's helmet, then has his cleet in his crotch.

Again, because he is a soft, coddled QB, he fails to get off Garrett's helmet, and instead gets his taken off (fair).

Again, because he is a soft, coddled QB, gets brave when his lineman hold up Garrett, and decides to charge him. By this point, if I am Garrett,  I am incredibly pissed off.

Should Garrett have swung the helmet? No? Is he a criminal who should be sent off to Azkaban? No (So ****ing ludicrous to hear that nonsense). Should he be suspended the rest of the season? Yes. Is Rudolph a sensitive little putz? Yes, and when you start **** like that, that's what can happen to you.

It is incredibly predictable,  yet still dumb, how this narrative has played out in the media.

If Rudolph actually said this, then I highly doubt we'd have heard about it until now, especially with Garrett himself being talked to after the game. 

Imo, Rudolph didn't have a strong defense of himself anyway, with what's on tape, but now with this, if there's no way to prove it, then it just makes Garrett look bad, and make people like me no longer defend him.

That would be an unbelievably bad look.

* People WILL start digging into his past though, for anything that could cast doubt on his denial in the court of public opinion. Still dont believe anything should happen unless there is proof of this specific incident,  though

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Would Rudolph have a case against Garrett for defamation if it turns out he lied about the slur?

If Garrett lied about it, the most charitable interpretation of his behavior is that something is seriously wrong with his brain I.e. concussion symptoms or side effects of drug usage, and that it has caused a drastic change in his personality this year.

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Would Rudolph have a case against Garrett for defamation if it turns out he lied about the slur?

If Garrett lied about it, the most charitable interpretation of his behavior is that something is seriously wrong with his brain I.e. concussion symptoms or side effects of drug usage, and that it has caused a drastic change in his personality this year.

Dunno about concussions but if it turns out that they cant even find anything on this (nevermind them even finding actual proof that Rudolph didnt do anything) it's about as damning as damning can get.

Cant go off into those waters unless you've got a good boat that can weather the storm.

2 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

I love (and by love I mean hate) this idea that every asshole in the NFL has CTE. Like CTE is a prerequisite for being an asshole or something. 

When you see an abrupt and drastic change in a player's personality like we do with Garrett, brain injury is as reasonable an explanation as anything given the amount of times a typical player suffer brain injuries in the course of play.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dunno about concussions but if it turns out that they cant even find anything on this (nevermind them even finding actual proof that Rudolph didnt do anything) it's about as damning as damning can get.

Cant go off into those waters unless you've got a good boat that can weather the storm.

I agree.  You just can't exploit highly dysfunctional race relations in our country for dishonest personal gain.  It violates a serious taboo and it is very troubling if that's what Garrett did.  That's why I think something is wrong with him.  His dirty, hyper aggressive play (to the point of demonstrating flat out stupidity) this season is bizarre.  With other dirty players like Keanu Neal and Vontaze Burfict, they were always dirty head-hunting assholes who just never have gotten how to play the game the right way.  Burfict was a dirty player in High School and he was certainly a moron and turd of a player at Arizona State.  I remember his little game against Boise State his junior season quite well.  Garrett didn't have that kind of reputation and playing style at A&M.  By many accounts he was a thoughtful, unaggressive kid and good sport.  I suspect he's either got a brain injury or he's using drugs that have ****ed up his brain chemistry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, NickyJ said:

I wonder how the Browns defense will do without Jabril Peppers though.... Plus, if things don't start off hot next season, I can see OBJ turning into a mess. He wants attention, the NY media gave it to him. To what lengths will he go to get attention in Cleveland?

On 3/13/2019 at 1:12 AM, Destino said:

I’m ok being alone in this, but I think OBJ is wildly over rated and the Browns will regret the trade.  

On 3/13/2019 at 8:23 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

OBJ definitely brings some baggage and Cleveland is still Cleveland.  Things could easily go sideways...and quickly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-odell-beckham-jr-jimmy-garoppolo-come-get-me-49ers-2019-12/

After joining the Cleveland Browns as one of the blockbuster acquisitions of the NFL offseason, Odell Beckham Jr. could be leaving just as quickly as he came.

According to Fox's Jay Glazer, Beckham has been in contact with teams and players across the league, saying "come get me," throughout the year. Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports took the story further, writing that according to one source, Beckham made such a request to opposing players during "at least" one game in October.

On Monday night, video of Beckham speaking with Garoppolo after their game in October resurfaced, with some Twitter users with sharp ears taking a guess as to how their conversation went.

Some also believe they can hear OBJ saying, "I'll come here."

On 8/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, Hooper said:

The expectations for the Browns are absurd and watching them implode this year is going to be hilarious.

Lincoln Riley watch by week 8 at the latest.

Coincidentally, week 8 was their lowpoint of 2-6. Hooper knows what's up.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 6:35 PM, NickyJ said:
On 11/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, Busch1724 said:

Dorsey isn't some sort of deity, he's as human as the rest of us. I don't think it's impossible that Dorsey made a mistake for the first time ever. Whoever it is that hired Kitchens though, they're getting burned though.

Dorsey is seemingly on the hotseat. For putting together a stacked team on paper, firing the GM after one flop of a season under an inept coach seems a bit heavy handed, especially with most of the players young enough mold and build on. I suspect Dorsey must have picked Kitchens if he's in hot water this fast.