Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I follow Johnny Manziel on Snapchat.  Dude doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.  I don't know how big his rookie contract was, but I don't understand where he gets all his money. 

I read somewhere a couple days ago that he thinks he's sobered up and is ready to lead an NFL team ??

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I follow Johnny Manziel on Snapchat.  Dude doesn't seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer.  I don't know how big his rookie contract was, but I don't understand where he gets all his money. 

His family has Texas oil money from what I recall. That's why he's never had a "oh no I'm going to lose it all moment" and straightened up. Dude was going to NBA finals games in Miami even as a college freshmen at aTm. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

He was a spoiled rich kid growing up.  Explains why he is the way he is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Vinny (yes that Vinny) said on the radio that people are saying consensus no. 1 overall pick DE Myles Garrett "has a lot of interests outside football" and that he is not really 100% committed. Tape/scouts say it appears he took plays and games off, just didnt look motivated at times. 

Now Garrett says he wont go to the NFL draft. I get it, you want to be with family .... but it adds to the sense that this kid really isnt 100% motivated for football. 

It would be such a Brown's thing to draft no. 1 overall a potentially dominating player ... whose just not that into football and never realizes his potential. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18660421/former-texas-aggies-defensive-end-myles-garrett-says-attend-nfl-draft

20 hours ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Vinny (yes that Vinny) said on the radio that people are saying consensus no. 1 overall pick DE Myles Garrett "has a lot of interests outside football" and that he is not really 100% committed. Tape/scouts say it appears he took plays and games off, just didnt look motivated at times. 

Now Garrett says he wont go to the NFL draft. I get it, you want to be with family .... but it adds to the sense that this kid really isnt 100% motivated for football. 

It would be such a Brown's thing to draft no. 1 overall a potentially dominating player ... whose just not that into football and never realizes his potential. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18660421/former-texas-aggies-defensive-end-myles-garrett-says-attend-nfl-draft

Or he is making it seem like that in hopes he does not get drafted by the Browns .

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Griffin had an opportunity to take a step back and work quietly on his craft in a favorable system as a backup for a couple years before he tried again for a starting role, but dude simply cannot swallow his pride, and now his career is likely over. Pretty sad

Edited by Mr. Sinister

On 3/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, Hooper said:

Browns trading for Cousins is going to complete the narrative for the inevitable Cousins-RG3 30 for 30.

I know Maziel is no longer affiliated with the Browns, but this would be even better if somehow he could figure into the trade!

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2017 at 0:52 PM, MassSkinsFan said:

I know Maziel is no longer affiliated with the Browns, but this would be even better if somehow he could figure into the trade!

Manziel will be the homeless man who tells the Browns to trade for Kirk.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Give their FO credit - they won the first round. 3 solid picks, and they have 2 #1s and 3 2nds next year.

One of their solid picks is also the best player in the draft. 

BUT, if they don't figure out the QB, they are going to be the Texans.  Great roster, 9 wins, early playoff exit. 

They have to find a QB.  Though, I will say, I like the approach.  Get everything else set, then get the QB.  

I'll say that this year, they have actually been pretty smart.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They have to find a QB.  Though, I will say, I like the approach.  Get everything else set, then get the QB.  

I'll say that this year, they have actually been pretty smart.

I always thought that was a better approach.  What good is an awesome qb if he is always getting nailed and doesnt have anyone to throw to while needing to put up 40+ points to make up for a **** defense?