Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Even Zorn went 6-2 when he first became coach...I think I'd wait at least 16 games before making any grand proclamations about Gregg Williams. That is, if he even gets 16 games.

Gregg would have been better than Zorn, because Zorn was not even remotely qualified to do anything.

It wouldn’t be that hard for a Gregg to be bette than Shanahan or Gruden. He wasn’t that great as a HC in Buffalo, Which is why he was available for Gibbs as a DC. 

Shanahan has a tough job turning around the Zorn/Vinny mess.  And ultimately ended up on the wrong side of the Griffin debacle.  

Jay is Norv. Could Gregg be better?  Dunno. 

Of course, we’re probably stuck with Jay for 2 more years becaus now he’s going to be given an opportunity to draft and develop a QB, or wait until Smith is healthy. So we’ll have a 7 year sample size of suck to consider.

FML

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The constant hand-wringing over Mayfield dissing Hue is kind of funny. Some reporter dude named Michael Silver has been going to bat for Hue Jackson.

I wanted to find out who Silver is, so I checked Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Silver_(sportswriter)

Michael Silver is an American sportswriter, best friend of Hue Jackson, and television analyst for NFL Network and NFL.com.

His page was last edited 2 weeks ago. Reason: "added new job title". Gotta love Browns fans lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I wonder how the Browns defense will do without Jabril Peppers though.... Plus, if things don't start off hot next season, I can see OBJ turning into a mess. He wants attention, the NY media gave it to him. To what lengths will he go to get attention in Cleveland?

8 hours ago, Destino said:

I’m ok being alone in this, but I think OBJ is wildly over rated and the Browns will regret the trade.  

Move certainly is a strange one. I'm always weary of teams that are just absorbing massive amounts of hype, when organizationally, they've been worse than bad. They've been worthy of just being shut down and put in a  bunch of boxes in a dusty warehouse.

How do you go from that to supreme expectation in one year, with a sophomore qb? In that division?

They're going to have growing pains for sure.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Destino said:

I’m ok being alone in this, but I think OBJ is wildly over rated and the Browns will regret the trade.  

Do you predict that or want that?  Call me crazy but I want Cleveland to become a power team, never met a Browns fan I didn't like, they drink and find humor in almost everything.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 3

On 3/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, Renegade7 said:

never met a Browns fan I didn't like, they drink and find humor in almost everything.

And back around 1994 you'd have said that same thing about Patriots fans.

Redskins fans are headed in that direction.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 8:32 AM, SkinsFTW said:

And back around 1994 you'd have said that same thing about Patriots fans.

Redskins fans are headed in that direction.

Yeah, people love Bills fans too. Wonder what it was like talking to them in the early 90's though. 

• 1 month later...

New city, new coach, same OBJ:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032392/article/freedie-kitchens-odell-beckham-missed-a-lot-in-otas

As organized team activities wrap up in Cleveland, Freddie Kitchens expressed Thursday that he wished new Browns receiver Odell Beckham Jr. had been around more.

OBJ has been absent for most of Cleveland's nine-day voluntary OTAs -- as is his right under the Collective Bargaining Agreement -- but Kitchens said that the wideout missed out on a bunch.

Asked what his goals are for Beckham when he likely returns for the team's mandatory minicamp next Tuesday, Kitchens said, "I just want to see him."

OBJ's missed "a lot," Kitchens added. "The offense."

The first-year head coach had previously expressed lenience toward Beckham's skipping voluntary workouts.

Not really a fan of players being criticized over something optional. It was collectively bargained that way and instead has become something coaches use to exert control over players, using the complicit media as a battering ram.

That being said, you got a young QB, and if I was him, I'd be working with Mayfield every available minute to get timing down and work on some other stuff.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Not really a fan of players being criticized over something optional. It was collectively bargained that way and instead has become something coaches use to exert control over players, using the complicit media as a battering ram.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of it either and have defended DeSean when he did it here. Then again, I'm not a fan of OBJ or the crowing about the Browns this season, so I'll savor my chances to throw some shade.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Mayfield talks a lot of smack and there's nothing wrong with being confident but when you call out other players and you're only in your 2nd year I think you set yourself up for disaster, its just bad mojo whether its true or not.

I've rarely seen a player able to talk smack and back it up, Deion is pretty much the only player who pulled that off.