Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I still say Ggregg was the best thing that happened to the Browns. If they fail, I'm going to ignore all other completely valid reasons and blame it on not keeping him.

The second and third G's are for "genius" LOL!

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 11:05 AM, JSSkinz said:

Mayfield talks a lot of smack and there's nothing wrong with being confident but when you call out other players and you're only in your 2nd year I think you set yourself up for disaster, its just bad mojo whether its true or not.

I've rarely seen a player able to talk smack and back it up, Deion is pretty much the only player who pulled that off.

I think he's said enough dumb ****. This is not only dumb, but weird. At this point, I don't mind them going 3-13ish. You're still the Browns, in a division with the Ravens and Steelers, with a Zorn style coach, a second year qb, and expectations through the roof. Aaaaand youre the Browns. With Odell Beckam and his perplexing head of french fries.

Good luck with all that

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Part of me hopes the Browns end up Browning out this season...might put at least a temporary halt to all the "The Browns did it the right way! We should do what the Browns did!" type of comments.

All of me hopes they brown out. And they will.

It was a nice story at one point, and I think everyone was rooting for them. Then they overdid it, and it became obnoxious, led by their obnoxious qb, who has such over ego, it’s as if he’s compensating for low self esteem. To watch him pull a lebron at the end of the game was just too perfect too (leaving the game for injury, when it was just a bruise). 

Edited by benskins26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, benskins26 said:

Then they overdid it, and it became obnoxious, led by their obnoxious qb, who has such over ego, it’s as if he’s compensating for low self esteem.

Thats pretty much always what it is (when it reaches such levels of absurdity). Its always low self esteem, depression, paranoia, etc, so they project this larger than life image of themselves as a shield, but to people like me who's had similar issues, it's like putting a helicopter searchlight on yourself.

The fact that this is glorified in our society as a form of actual confidence, says everything you need to know about us.

• Like 1

DCs (okay, probably not Manusky) will be able to rattle Mayfield. He can deliver when he's out of the pocket, though, so it's a double-edged sword. I don't think the Browns will be as successful as the hype promises, at least not in the short term. The most important thing is that the culture is being changed there, which was badly needed. They finally have a real GM who knows how to build and run a team. It'll come.

Im not convinced about the culture change. If there is an owner inexplicably worse than Snyder, it's Haslam. They have motored through HC's GM's and QB's like theyre on the run from the law.

That kind of continuous upheaval, not to mention the front office drama, takes awhile to go away, and thats with making all the right moves. I'll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Im not convinced about the culture change. If there is an owner inexplicably worse than Snyder, it's Haslam. They have motored through HC's GM's and QB's like theyre on the run from the law.

That kind of continuous upheaval, not to mention the front office drama, takes awhile to go away, and thats with making all the right moves. I'll believe it when I see it.

But they won 7 games last season....seven games! And Scot McCloughan was one of 27 people making draft day decisions for them. It's been said that all the good picks were probably guys he liked and suggested. And they made Kitchens the HC...he's their version of Sean McVay, a young offensive genius who they were smart enough to realize was on the payroll. Stupid Redskins.

• Like 3

The browns will be fine assuming baker is a good QB like people think he will be. Talent will eventually win out. They shot themselvea in the foot with too many penalties week 1 and felt like they were pressing to justify all the hype they got over the offseason. They wanted to have a big debut. Also, new additions can take time to gel

They'll settle down and still be ok imo

On 9/15/2019 at 5:13 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The browns will be fine assuming baker is a good QB like people think he will be. Talent will eventually win out. They shot themselvea in the foot with too many penalties week 1 and felt like they were pressing to justify all the hype they got over the offseason. They wanted to have a big debut. Also, new additions can take time to gel

They'll settle down and still be ok imo

He might be good, but he’s currently wildly inconsistent with his accuracy.  He’s pinpoint on about one of every three throws, 1 is “ok” and one couldn’t hit the ocean from the titanic. 

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He might be good, but he’s currently wildly inconsistent with his accuracy.  He’s pinpoint on about one of every three throws, 1 is “ok” and one couldn’t hit the ocean from the titanic. 

Oh he sucks lol. I’m not sold on him. Just saying he has a lot of hype and people saying he’s going to be a good QB. He’s going to torpedo this whole rebuild 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Oh he sucks lol. I’m not sold on him. Just saying he has a lot of hype and people saying he’s going to be a good QB. He’s going to torpedo this whole rebuild 

The hype is based on really misleading samples. 

Hes their weakest link IMO. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I dunno.  He might be ok.  But right now his accuracy is just weird.  He’s either spot on or on a different continent.

15 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m sick of hearing that he’s Brett Favre reincarnated. I don’t see it 

He's got the gunslinger mentality.  The issue he's having so far is teams have had a chance to watch the tape from last year and they're looking at his Houston tape.  Show pressure, drop into zone and disguise coverage.   Baker's eyes are downfield.  He needs to be more patient and take what the defense is giving him.  He also needs to do better getting his feet set which is why his passes are high.  Basically try to be less Favre and more Brees.  

• 2 weeks later...

Mayfield really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. Either the HC or GM needs to tell him to stop taking the media bait and talking so much smack about current players and current/former coaches. His recent foray into ill-advised commentary involved saying that Rex Ryan doesn't have a job for a reason. Dude should just play and keep quiet. Let me rephrase that. He needs to improve his game, stop screwing up, and keep quiet.