Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Browns waive Manziel (and other Browns related stuff--MET)

MassSkinsFan

3 hours ago, Xameil said:

I believe so....and if I was him, with his injury history, and the Browns having issues keeping a QB healthy, I wouldn't go out on the field in anything less then a suit of armour with a titanium exoskeleton.

Yeah fair point.  

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Even if he believes in himself 110%....his team is 0-12 for a reason and every QB they have has been bludgeoned including himself. 

I'd say he has nothing to lose, but unfortunately for him, his next injury is probably his last.

I think his best course of action might have been to stay injured.  His excuse for this year is "it's the Browns. They kill all their QBs." 

If the Browns cut him, at least he hadn't put anything really rotten on film.  

And maybe they keep him another year.  

Playing is going to result in more losses, more hits, and probably nothing positive 

On 12/9/2016 at 0:16 PM, MassSkinsFan said:

Must you torture me? I'd LOVE to see that, but I think we're going to invest heavily in DL and LB this offseason.

I'm pretty sure he could play LG if he wanted to. I'm also sure the Skins wouldn't trade the farm for him.  It's unlikely.  But it would probably make theSkins OL as good as Dallas's.

As I mentioned in the other RG3 thread, he had a big decision to make this offseason and he royally messed it up.  He had the choice to either go to a team where he would have a chance to start right away (Browns, Rams, 49ers type teams), or to go to a team where he could become the heir apparent to a currently good QB on the brink of retirement (Saints, Cardinals type teams).  In my opinion, going to a team that needed a starter immediately was risky for two reasons: (1) there was a good chance that he would not even win the starting job in the preseason, which would essentially kill his reputation, and (2) even if he did win the starting job, it would just accelerate the moment when everyone would see that the emperor has no clothes.  He would have been better off sitting on the bench for a year or two, where he could continue to benefit from the reputation built on his 2012 season without ever having to expose his poor play in games that mattered.

I predicted that he would get beat out by McCown for the starting job in Cleveland, which was wrong.  In my defense, he has turned out to be the worst of Cleveland's 3 QBs by a pretty wide margin - in his 2 games as a starter, he has posted an abysmal 2.72 ANY/A, compared to McCown's terrible 4.50 and Kessler's not-all-that-bad 6.0.  If Griffin had started all 16 games this season, throwing 25 attempts and achieving just 2.72 ANY/A, he would be the first QB in NFL history to post such abysmal numbers (granted, that's a lot of "if"s, and lasting 16 games while posting such awful stats would be quite an accomplishment).

Griffin will likely stick around the league for at least a few more years, following in the footsteps of Blaine Gabbert and Jimmy Clausen.  If he wants to save his career, he should seek a team with a good front office where he can be kept on the bench for 2-3 seasons (working with a private QB coach every day after practice and every day of the offseason) and pray for a late career resurgence (which is an extreme long shot).

• Like 2

RGIII Is terrible

its what all the ignorant fanboys and rgiii "leave Britney alone" morons will NEVER get. Physical attributes are ultimately meaningless at the NFL level. 

If you can't read a defense you're not going to be successful, period. Rgiii STILL looking for the open guy. Duh.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, zoony said:

RGIII Is terrible

its what all the ignorant fanboys and rgiii "leave Britney alone" morons will NEVER get. Physical attributes are ultimately meaningless at the NFL level. 

If you can't read a defense you're not going to be successful, period. Rgiii STILL looking for the open guy. Duh.

Add if you cant consistently throw the ball accurately you can't play in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

How many times did we see this stat line from #10 in 2013-2014?

12/28 

104 yds 

1 INT

So glad he's not on our team anymore. 

As bad as he was after 2012, his statline has almost never been that bad.

4 hours ago, zoony said:

Physical attributes are ultimately meaningless at the NFL level.

I would say rather that every QB who makes it to the NFL level has the physical attributes to be an NFL QB.  Take the slowest or most noodle arm QB on an NFL roster, for example Colt McCoy -- if you transplant Brady/Manning/Brees' brain into his body, you get a franchise QB capable of winning multiple playoff games for an otherwise average team.

Edited by Tsailand

I think at this stage we should give a round of applause for what Shanny and Son were able to wring out of RG3 his rookie year. It's clear at this point he's just a terrible QB. The Shannys being able to coax a 10-6 record and playoff appearance from RG3 was a masterful job of creative coaching.

• Like 6

I watched a few snaps last Sunday, hadn't seen Robert play all year (preseason until now) and wanted to see if anything at all had changed. Figured there had to be some improvement.

Nope.

Still drops his eyes immediately after the snap, watching the pass rush, looks incredibly uncomfortable in the pocket and looks to run if his first read isn't open. 

It's too bad, really, but, it's over. Add in the off the field nonsense, Twitter incidents and whatnot... The kid will never get it.

On December 12, 2016 at 2:07 PM, ExoDus84 said:

I think at this stage we should give a round of applause for what Shanny and Son were able to wring out of RG3 his rookie year. It's clear at this point he's just a terrible QB. The Shannys being able to coax a 10-6 record and playoff appearance from RG3 was a masterful job of creative coaching.

Have to agree.

Sometimes I find myself wondering about the nature vs. nurture as it pertains to players especially QBs.  In a parallel universe could RG have had a successful career?  I don't buy into the comments I see on FB etc. where its said that the Skins "ruined" RG but I do tend to think that under different circumstances some players might have thrived instead of failing.  And vs versa... what if Dak was with he Browns... Would he be the 2nd coming as he is perceived to be with the Cowboys?  Points to the importance of an O-line and a running game.  Would we even know of Kirk Cousins had he been drafted by another team?  I know its a bunch of what ifs but its interesting to contemplate.  Most will say the cream always rises to the top but I think there is more to it and opportunities and situations play a huge role.

There's a chance.. Chargers are 5-9 and likely going to mail it in.  Even mailing it in they are better than the Browns, but a few lucky bounces, 103 yard int return, whatever, could give the Browns the win.

But it's their last real chance.   Week 17 the Steelers could easily still be fighting for the division or even a playoff spot.  Even if they are locked into a specific seed, they are not going to let a 0-15 division rival beat them at home to avoid going winless

18 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Here are his highlights if anyone's interested....it's a short video lol....(gotta watch it on youtube):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgr07PuZByc

Holy Santa Clause man, that's a sad "highlight" video.

"Highlights" begin in the 3rd quarter is not a good sign. One of his highlights was a 2 yard run for a first down. He takes a vicious hit while throwing a 10 yard out. He scrambles after his first read isn't open, goes out of bounds, and gets almost KO'd by the kicking net. Then a couple of first read check downs.

The only good play I saw was the 18 yard scramble for the TD. Otherwise, same ole RG3 that got run out of town. Ugly.

1 hour ago, Tsailand said:

There's a chance.. Chargers are 5-9 and likely going to mail it in.  Even mailing it in they are better than the Browns, but a few lucky bounces, 103 yard int return, whatever, could give the Browns the win.

But it's their last real chance.   Week 17 the Steelers could easily still be fighting for the division or even a playoff spot.  Even if they are locked into a specific seed, they are not going to let a 0-15 division rival beat them at home to avoid going winless

If the Chargers have mailed it in, you can be sure the Browns have mailed it in, been received by it's recipient, and then sent back to the Browns out of shame. The Browns aren't going to beat the Steelers on the road in week 17, so they better do anything they can to beat the Chargers or they'll line up with the 2008 Lions in NFL infamy.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

... and gets almost KO'd by the kicking net. Then a couple of first read check downs.

I thought the kicking net one was actually a highlight lol...I cracked up, and thought "Damn, how many players are these kicking nets gonna take out?"

The only good play I saw was the 18 yard scramble for the TD. Otherwise, same ole RG3 that got run out of town. Ugly.

The first throw I thought was excellent. We'd be raving about it if Cousins had thrown it.

But, yeah, the overall "highlight" video looks more like it's from a preseason game where the QB played for just one quarter lol...