Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins To Unveil Drawings Of New Stadium :CSN Mid Atlantic

DButz65

I don't romanticize the elements so much, but we have to have natural grass

Artificial turf has no soul. It's like composite decking or vinyl siding. Just... Low rent

I'd be down for a retractable roof

I'd prefer artificial just because it's easier to maintain and faster but if they can accomplish a quality natural surface, maybe the retractable roof will help there, I'd love that

I say let's go nuts with it. Build it on the Potomac. Literally, right out in the middle of it. Fans can pull boats right up to the stadium. Tailgate on pontoons. Ferries can transport fans from land lots. Use currents to help power the stadium. Install some high tech filters to keep the water clean so the environmentalists can suck it.

Put it on the other side of the Wilson Bridge from the National Harbor. Right on the DC Maryland line and both can help fund it.

Design firm they chose is...interesting. Modern architecture, will be their first NFL stadium. http://www.big.dk/#projects

Looking forward to it

I can't imagine there would be too much of a learning curve with a stadium. Seems the fact that they've not designed a stadium before is making waves in the media and in comments

I mean, they'd never designed Google's corporate hq either.

"Wait, you wanted seats? We didn't think of that!"

I can't imagine there would be too much of a learning curve with a stadium. Seems the fact that they've not designed a stadium before is making waves in the media and in comments

I mean, they'd never designed Google's corporate hq either.

"Wait, you wanted seats? We didn't think of that!"

Well, yeah. I meant interesting as in their aesthetic. Lot of unique designs. The fact the the Redskins picked them most likely means they want way more than just another sports venue.

From the Twitter thread: Skins have hired the Danish firm that designed Google's headquarters to work on plans for the new stadium:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/digger/wp/2016/01/06/source-redskins-advance-plans-to-relocate-hire-googles-architect-for-new-stadium/

Well if you like modern than thats the guy to do it. Heres some of his work:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bjarke+ingels+buildings&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8pI60yZjKAhVKOz4KHSdjCs8Q_AUIBygB

No offense Wilco but that design is ass butt ugly...we ain't in Rome! :ph34r:

Hail!

Haha I dont like it either. But I wanted to make clear what I meant so I just quickly cut out two pieces of one of does monuments and combined that.

Anybody ever seen Yankee Stadium in real life? In pictures Im never sure if its really that good.

I'm not to familiar with the DC area.  I haven't been there in years and even when I lived in Maryland I stayed away from DC but I do remember there were lots of run down parts of town.  Some areas were business/industrial and some were neighborhoods that I was scared to drive through.  Why can't he just buy up one of those sections of town, knock everything down and build there?  I get that it may displace a bunch of poor people but I don't that really matters in the world of billionaires.

About 10 years too late :)  

Gentrification started a while ago and not sure there are too many places left...

Pretty sure wherever the new stadium ends up it'll be metro accessible - within a couple miles (unless they bring back shuttles.)

So if in western NOVA, I can't see it being beyond Reston.

I think the early designs will look like a giant UFO, but what they actually settle on to be built will look like everything else.

It's like concept cars... They start off with a sketch of a Lamborghini Diablo and end up building a rental car

About 10 years too late :)  

Gentrification started a while ago and not sure there are too many places left...

Pretty sure wherever the new stadium ends up it'll be metro accessible - within a couple miles (unless they bring back shuttles.)

So if in western NOVA, I can't see it being beyond Reston.

There will be Metro further out west before this stadium probably even breaks ground (2018 I think). So there are options in Loudoun county. 

There will be Metro further out west before this stadium probably even breaks ground (2018 I think). So there are options in Loudoun county. 

Certainly aware but....this is metro...

If the Silver Line makes it past Dulles I will be utterly shocked.

Haha I dont like it either. But I wanted to make clear what I meant so I just quickly cut out two pieces of one of does monuments and combined that.

Anybody ever seen Yankee Stadium in real life? In pictures Im never sure if its really that good.

Yes, and it was glorious, although, I never went to old Yankees stadium so I can't compare the two.

However, I posted this in a previous stadium discussion and it's appropriate again. The stadium takes some visual cues and has a feel of an almost Roman coliseum class to it. I thought it was great and the inside feels like hallowed ground even though at this stage it's only seen one WS title. It feels elegant, classy and historic. It feels important

The history of the franchise is felt throughout the stadium though and I think that, along with some of the visual touches just shifted a bit to bring some DC flavor into it would be perfect .

YankeeStadium-NewYork-Gate4Enterance-Con

I do hope Snyder makes a statement in terms of utilizing sustainable energy sources. I would love to see 50 percent of consumption come from solar for example

solar power is a huge waste of space, it's basically the energy equivalent to medical quackery. I'm all for sustainable energy... wind is interesting fo example, but I'd buy into the idea of a nuclear powered stadium before solar power.

Archived