Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins To Unveil Drawings Of New Stadium :CSN Mid Atlantic

DButz65

i know you all are dying for a new stadium, but i think it's going to mean the end of a long run of being a ticket holder for a lot of us.

i'm assuming the price increase alone will do it for most, and the PSL's will finish the rest of us off.

T, while it may mean the end of folks being STHs, you'll always be able to go courtesy of the secondary market.

I'd be curious to see studies on how much secondary market prices are in general for those places which have PSLs compared to places which don't (like FedEx).

T, while it may mean the end of folks being STHs, you'll always be able to go courtesy of the secondary market.

I'd be curious to see studies on how much secondary market prices are in general for those places which have PSLs compared to places which don't (like FedEx).

I've thoroughly researched it over the past decade. IMO the single game buyers pay significantly less per game than PSL holders league wide. If had to throw a number out I'd say 40% per game.

Yeah...

But for some of us it's kind of a tradition. We know people we sit with. We wait for our tickets to show up every august.

I know that's silly to many people. It is silly.

Still sucks. Given the choice of FedEx Field and keeping my tickets or new stadium and buying on the secondary market i'll take FedEx and my tickets 10 times out of 10.

Going to the games for me is about so many different things than what going to the games is about for people who go once a year (or less.) I don't care about sit down restaurants, or the shape of the stadium, or whether the concourse is open air, or any of that stuff.

I care about how quickly you get in and out, whether the team is any good, and whether I can afford to be there or not.

I've thoroughly researched it over the past decade. IMO the single game buyers pay significantly per game than PSL holders league wide. If had to throw a number out I'd say 40% per game.

I'm assuming you mean pay sigificantly less, right?

What does your research say about playoff games?

My bet is that it is somewhere in Ashburn or West of the beltway. I only think Ashburn because of the people in Loudoun and Fairfax. Great fan/attendance base, two of the riches counties in the US, still some land available, and accessible by metro.. somewhat.

this is what Atlanta did with the Braves and their new stadium.  moved it outside the perimeter towards Cobb and Gwinnett since that's where all the ticket holders live

most of that makes me cringe

i owned titans tix ($500 PSL per seat) for a few years and fortunately got out before they hit rock bottom.  it just depends on how the team does.  you can't hardly give away an upper deck PSL anymore, let alone sell it to someone, in nashville.  when they were making the playoffs, i could get face+ off every ticket.  these days, $10 can get you in for a jags game.

edit:  preseason games are a major loss every game.  the only way i recovered was selling the Colts game every year when Manning was there, since many Titans fans are also fans of Manning/UT.

I'm assuming you mean pay sigificantly less, right?

What does your research say about playoff games?

Correct. my bad for omitting the word less.

PSL and GA ST holders get a nice benefit for the playoffs, as they should. However, the January's don't compensate for the August's when you put together the big picture over the long term. We've hosted six preseason games since our last playoff. Before that it was 26. Imagine PSL fees on top of our preseason expenses if we were in a new stadium. 

Prime club seats for this game are still available on Stubhub. The prices aren't much higher than what contract STHs are currently paying for those seats each game, August or January. GA tix may have doubled in value this week, but who wants to sell when you've already spent 20% of your ST cost on preseason? Now it's finally time to eat cake. 

The single game buyer might have to pay double this week, but he didn't have to buy all the games, or struggle to break even if he couldn't attend the Tampa game in Oct. bc of a wedding. Need I say more about preseason losse$? 

I haven't had an issue reselling tickets yet. I haven't taken a loss on anything since moving to the lower level.

But yeah, preseason sucks. I also go to every game (usually) so not having to buy all the games doesn't do much for me (outside of preseason.)

I thought PSL's were a one time fee? Maybe that was just one type I read about a while ago?

I thought PSL's were a one time fee? Maybe that was just one type I read about a while ago?

It depends on the franchise. It used to be an upfront fee when PSLs began to rear their ugly heads in the later 1990s and early 2000s. Most teams allow amortization with interest these days. Some teams have dropped their PSLs all together. The Raiders abandoned their fees in the late 2000s after years of crappy football. Declining attendance at the decrepit Oakland Coliseum was obvious factor.  The Forty Niners introduced SBLs in 2012 shortly after they broke ground on Levi's Stadium.  An SBL and a PSL are essentially the same thing. 

If possible, I would like the stadium to feature 5 giant feathers right next to each other that are bent/folded inward toward the field but are on the side of the stadium facing toward the Capitol Building.  At the game right before kickoff, it would be a new tradition to unbend and raise the middle one straight up revealing the name "Redskins" in massive neon lights that flash and glimmer along the feather from bottom to top (think Seahawks raising the 12th man flag).  That way Congress would know how we feel every Sunday right before kickoff.

If possible, I would like the stadium to feature 5 giant feathers right next to each other that are bent/folded inward toward the field but are on the side of the stadium facing toward the Capitol Building.  At the game right before kickoff, it would be a new tradition to unbend and raise the middle one straight up revealing the name "Redskins" in massive neon lights that flash and glimmer along the feather from bottom to top (think Seahawks raising the 12th man flag).  That way Congress would know how we feel every Sunday right before kickoff.

Why Congress?

Outside of that louse Harry Reid, it is Obama that has been pushing for the team to change its name, not Congress.

The stadium won't be ready until 2027 anyway, cause that's when our FedEx Field lease runs out, so you guys have nothing to worry about yet in terms of PSLs and where rhe stadium will be. People just need to relax, it's only 2016, lol

I know about the lease, but why would the team release renderings now for a stadium that wouldn't open until 2027?  I think that once Snyder comes up with an agreement on where the new stadium will be (which admittedly is going to be a time-consuming process), that lease is going to be as good as broken.

I know about the lease, but why would the team release renderings now for a stadium that wouldn't open until 2027? I think that once Snyder comes up with an agreement on where the new stadium will be (which admittedly is going to be a time-consuming process), that lease is going to be as good as broken.

Snyders probably planning a Jerry world like stadium, or even bigger and better. A stadium bigger and better than that will surely need 12 years to plan/build! :D

I've thoroughly researched it over the past decade. IMO the single game buyers pay significantly less per game than PSL holders league wide. If had to throw a number out I'd say 40% per game.

40% is a real generous number.  I can get free tickets mostly.  Or club seats for low dollars.

It better not be the National Harbor, the traffic around there is **** as it is. Imagine trying to drive home through rush hour before a Sunday or Monday night game. I'd have to telework on those days because the Woodrow Wilson bridge would be a parking lot.

My townhouse is directly across the water from the National Harbor in old town Alexandria. It would be an absolute nightmare to get home on game night but the stadium would only be five minutes away and that would kick ass lol.

A new benchmark has been set for Dan to meet. The Inglewood stadium that is planned for the Rams looks amazing

If Dan just waits a couple years after that stadium is finished he could probably get it really cheap when the NFL and Kroenke figure out the real reason LA doesn't have an NFL team.

I've said 70 to 75k is about the right number. I really don't think Snyder will try to match Jerrah in total seats anymore since he had to take seats out of FedEx.

Cowboys Stadium is 80k and can expand to 100k.

I know some in here say we should do 60 to 65k, but I think that's too small.

Why Congress?

Outside of that louse Harry Reid, it is Obama that has been pushing for the team to change its name, not Congress.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/22/fifty-senators-send-letter-pushing-nfl-to-change-redskins-name/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13626118/congressional-bill-aims-force-washington-redskins-name-change

Archived