Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins To Unveil Drawings Of New Stadium :CSN Mid Atlantic

DButz65

True Snyder didn't build it and the place was built relatively cheaply and too quickly.  However, "way better" than five years ago?  Aside from installation of video screens that were long overdue, what else?  I'm not criticizing your opinion, but just curious as to how you came to your opinion.

Snyder improvements:

• Enclosed the club level; added AC and heating
  • All new leather furniture and flat screen tvs on the club level
  • Several new restaurants, cigar lounge
  • Escalator to the upper level
  • New video screens
  • New ribbon boards around the stadium for Pizzaz!
  • Better information about games and scores from around the league
  • New media center/control booth
  • Last year, new food selections
  • Again last year, improved parking lots and staffing
  • I believe the Hall of Fame store was expanded and improved.
  • Separate lanes for premium ticket holders (OK, for us GA ticket holders, this was a bad thing. But it was a positive thing for tens of thousands of premium ticket holders)
  • Solar energy panels
  • New Red Zone lot specifically for major tailgating.
  • Expanded parking (gray lot)
  • Standing room only "seating" at a lower price point which has been popular.
  • New band uniforms and locker room/musical equipment storage.

Of course there were some bone-headed things like the dream seats a and the obstructed view seats.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure I'm missing some things. It's not like Danny sat around and made no improvements to the stadium he inherited. JKC built it with his own money and did not build a taxpayer Taj Mahal like most other stadiums. Plus Danny has spent a LOT of money on players and coaches.....even if it was often very poorly spent.

S&S, the claim was that the stadium was "way better" than five years ago. A good number of the things on your list were done well over five years ago.

Even though the club level was (at least to my understanding) pretty bare-bones when the place opened in '97, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Snyder who enclosed the club level.  I went to a function there shortly after purchasing club seats in the spring/summer of '99 and the place was pretty much as dolled up as it is now. No way Dan turned it around that quickly.

And while you are correct that Snyder has spared no expense on coaches and players, there have been a lot of reports of the facilities at Ashburn not exactly being that great for a long time.   Maybe that's not his fault, as he can only listen to the recommendation of the staff (I think Shanny requested improvements out there).

Seriously I think "distill the fan experience" might be the biggest horse**** sales line I've ever heard

Selling a new car

"Audi has distilled the driving experience"

Selling a home

"The architect distilled the living space"

Selling a cupcake

"We have distilled the baking experience to its essential elements"

What total crap. I would have kicked that douchewagon right out of the building, immediately. After punching him in the testicles

If the design is anything like their sales pitch we are ****ed

Seriously I think "distill the fan experience" might be the biggest horse**** sales line I've ever heard...............

What total crap. I would have kicked that douchewagon right out of the building, immediately. After punching him in the testicles

If the design is anything like their sales pitch we are ****ed

Posts like this are why ES still merits a daily visit, even in the off-season!  Zoony bringing it! :lol:

Even though the club level was (at least to my understanding) pretty bare-bones when the place opened in '97, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Snyder who enclosed the club level.

The club level was always intended to be enclosed, as we know it today. There simply wasn't time to properly finish it for the 1997 debut. There was only time to leave it as an outdoor concourse, just like the upper and lower levels today. People were pissed. Remember, we didn't host any preseason games that year bc the stadium wasn't ready. JKC Stadium hosted it's first public crowd at the regular season opener in September. To my knowledge, no major US sports team has done the same in the past 25 years of countless new stadiums, arenas, and ballparks.

It was all piss poor planning, even for the time. The only thing we had to compare it to was the opening of Camden Yards in 1992, which was magical in comparison. I really hope Snyder doesn't hurry anything this time around. 

From what I remember reading about the JKC construction, it was one of the fastest-built stadiums ever.  They basically worked 24/7 for 18 months to get the place built and even innovated a few new construction methods where they could build parts of the upper deck while the lower deck was being built, and then be able to simply stand them up later, to allow for both decks to be built in parallel.  I'm not a construction expert but it was pretty obvious at the time that the main design constraint for the stadium was, "be ready for opening day 1997"

Here's the best article I could find about it: https://www.clarkconstruction.com/our-work/projects/fedex-field-0

Haven't been to a Skins game since the back-to-back TO debacle in the game after ST passes (RIP). Freezing my ass off, barely able to feel my legs, completely dejected from the loss and the death of my favorite player and making the 40 mile death march from FedEx to the metro, I told myself that I was never going to another Skins game for as long as they play in that ****hole. Nothing has changed. I don't care where they put the next one. ABL: Anything But Landover.

God Dammit!!!

Every time I see this thread bump, I open it hoping to see some details FINALLY revealed......and then I'm disappointed.  They need to release something noteworthy.  I feel like I'm discussing the upcoming Christmas when I'm really stuck on Groundhogs day. 

Sorry.  Rant over.

God Dammit!!!

Every time I see this thread bump, I open it hoping to see some details FINALLY revealed......and then I'm disappointed.  They need to release something noteworthy.  I feel like I'm discussing the upcoming Christmas when I'm really stuck on Groundhogs day. 

Sorry.  Rant over.

Ummm ....

Bump.jpg

A least it was something worth seeing teeheehee

Archived