Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins To Unveil Drawings Of New Stadium :CSN Mid Atlantic

DButz65

You really don't think most owners have any use for Snyder other than collecting their share of his cash?? 

Why not? He's the owner of a very stable and profitable franchise. Personality aside, he's not that much different than Jerry Jones except he doesn't run his mouth off as much as Jerrah. I think Snyder has learned how to play nice with the other owners...or as much as an owner with lots of money can play nice.

Why not? He's the owner of a very stable and profitable franchise. Personality aside, he's not that much different than Jerry Jones except he doesn't run his mouth off as much as Jerrah. I think Snyder has learned how to play nice with the other owners...or as much as an owner with lots of money can play nice.

I think the NFL led by Mara will take any opportunity they can to screw with the Skins because of Snyder.  I don't think he gets along well with most anyone he does not idolize or is not an employee.

I think the NFL led by Mara will take any opportunity they can to screw with the Skins because of Snyder.  I don't think he gets along well with most anyone he does not idolize or is not an employee.

I'm not trying to come across as a fan of Snyder. I think he's made lots of mistakes, however, I bet Jack Kent Cooke was a bigger pain in the ass to the league than Snyder is. I just don't buy that thought that the owners sit around seeing how they can screw with the Redskins.

Having said that, I do think Mara is a big whiny ass.

Eh, I think you can only care about someone for so long when he isn't actively being a punk. Snyder really hasn't done anything to piss anyone off in a few years. Why would the owners hold a grudge or spend energy screwing with someone for ****s and giggles?

I'm not trying to come across as a fan of Snyder. I think he's made lots of mistakes, however, I bet Jack Kent Cooke was a bigger pain in the ass to the league than Snyder is. I just don't buy that thought that the owners sit around seeing how they can screw with the Redskins.

Having said that, I do think Mara is a big whiny ass.

Ditto.  I have a secret feeling that NFL owners love guys like Snyder/Jerrah because they come up with crazy ideas how to maximize revenue.  If the ideas don't work, then Snyder/Jerrah take all the bad PR.  If it works, all of the other owners quickly copy the idea because "its what we have to do in this competitive environment".  See: Cowboys 90s-era licensing deal with Nike.

Ask the D.C. Materials company. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-04%20at%2012.33.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-04%20at%2012.34.

There is additional acreage. 

I live 15 minutes south of the harbor basically... a stadium in that area would be horrible w/o updating/widening all of the roads...

It would never happen as 210 sucks as it is now, there is no where to widen it... all of the side roads like palmer road? Wont and cant ever happen. Also im not sure even the land at rosecroft could handle it, or the roads.

I hope this does not sound condescending to our Native American brothers and sisters but I want the new stadium play homage to the culture in which the team is named after.  Their history and story is a major fabric within the American culture.

And I still want that roof!

Hail!

Not condescending at all.

lol...I don't remember that one

Why is it so important to put it in DC? FedEx is actually closer to DC than many other stadiums are to their city.

Better mass transit access.  Closer to other entertainment options.  The team is the Washington Redskins and no matter how many other teams do it, it's still lame to have your team play somewhere else. 

What I've learned in this thread:

We have some soft fans that can't handle the changing of the seasons.

My brother paid for us to go watch Green Bay play the Giants in (I think) December one time. There was inch thick ice on the seats that you had to break off before you sat down (unless you're into that sort of thing). I had on at least 6 layers, a jersey, and a coat, and I was fine the whole game.

Some dumbass Giants fans were wearing wind breakers, I assume cause, "I'm from New York, I'm tough." Yeah, they spent nearly the entire game in the concourse because they couldn't stay outside for 10 minutes. It was hilarious. Also because the Giants lost.  :D

Seriously though, that wind comes into the stadium and just kind of blows around everywhere. It was cold as balls in there. I loved the atmosphere though. And Clay Matthews was pouring water on his hair throughout the entire game. Dude is ******* crazy. 

I hope they install huge doors at both ends, so when the Giants try to kick a FG we can open them and drop down a banner that says '**** you Mara, payback's a ****' 

I'd love something like that. Something that gives the team an advantage when they play at home. Like I said before, Seattle has the piped in sound, Green Bay had their heating coils, Dallas has their low hanging screen that throws off visiting punters. We should figure out a way to do something like that (though the heating coils are probably illegal in the NFL now and it doesn't get cold enough often enough in DC to make something like that worth it).

How about a longhouse?

My dad's side of the family are all native americans. That had me laughing really hard. I could totally see Snyder turning this one over in his head. :lol:

Hope it is about 75k capacity, state of the art, LOUD, no stupid throwback bouncing from RFK (design flaw really), roof, state of the art field, Redskins museum, easy access in/out, etc.

Just want to point out, since many here are probably too young to have attended games in RFK, that the "bouncing" was neither the entire stadium, nor a design flaw.

RFK was built as a baseball first stadium. During football games/season, a large riser of seats was rolled out from left to center field, making up much of the lower deck seats behind the opposing bench. During BIG games, and at opportune times, the fans in those sections would "bounce" the riser up and down by flexing up and down in unison. Our seats were upstairs and across the field, and it was always an awesome thing to watch, and would always help get the entire stadium going nuts.

Many old Cowboy players say that RFK was far and away the worst place to play because of it. Being behind the opposition's bench, it could get so loud, communication was difficult.

That is the kind of home field advantage quirk I would love to see in any new stadium.

Ahh, I long for those old RFK days. So many great memories...

Hec, I'd love to see RFK replicated, but updated, and somewhat larger.

Nothing outrageous, but I'm thinking in the 75,000-80,000 seating capacity?  But the closeness of the fans to the field, engineered structurally sound bouncing bleacher sections, but most importantly, a raised playing field, so there can be proper drainage, unless they like playing on painted dirt like the old RFK.

With today's technology, duplicating RFK would be a snap, and I'm sure Snyder wouldn't take shortcuts on bathrooms and facilities.  Looking back, and remembering the old stadiums across the league, the sombrero, RFK, three Rivers stadium, the Orange bowl, and other places had unique feels to them, and they weren't corporate-laden.

Remember back when the last game at RFK happened? Right after the game, fans, media, even security personnel were taking souvenirs of RFK, picking apart the field, cones, seats, anything associated with RFK that wasn't bolted down was fair game for whoever had the nads to grab it. it was crazy seeing that on tv.

First of all, a big NO to a dome. That is not the Redskins identity and big physical teams who's glorious history and hopeful bright future is predicated on dominating offensive lines, do not play in domes. Secondly, the weather in the D.C. area is sublime for football during the season. It is seldom too hot in the fall and rarely ever bitter cold in December. While it might get a little cold late in the season, if you're playing home playoff games in January and there's a bite in the air, that's good, that's playoff football on the East coast.

When the Vikings played outside, they were a perennial playoff team and played in four Super Bowls. When they moved to the dome they never played in another SB. When they played Atlanta at home in the NFC Championship in '98 they lost because Atlanta got to go play in a cozy dome. If that game was ever played outside in Minnesota in January, the Falcons would have got pummeled.

The last point is that the team makes the stadium, the stadium does not make the team. If you're a good team, you have a home field advantage with maniacal fans. If you're a bad team, you have no home field advantage with muted fans. You can build the most state of the art, fan friendly stadium ever known to man and if the team is no good, the stadium isn't going to help you win games. Just ask Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.   

I want it on hover pads. The whole stadium should hang suspended 40 feet in the air and be able to tilt so that the opponent always has to play uphill. Crowd gets beamed right into their seats and if their DNA shows not enough Redskins blood a minor change is affected which prevents them from being able to speak for 4 hours.

Also the complaint about retractable roof and the cold... I hate the cold probably the worst out of everyone here detest it, but honestly cold is a part of football and I don't want to be toasty in January watching the game. I was cold as **** during MNF against Dallas, I didn't wear enough layers but I didn't care. You don't notice . all you have to do is wear more layers. Put on six layers and your jersey and your jacket.

The romanticism of the weather is the most overrated aspect of football, IMO. I've never really enjoyed football played in slop, or a driving rainstorm, or sub-freezing temps. I'll take 50-80 and comfortable every time, so I would support a retractable roof. I wanna see some of the world's finest athletes play at their best, not fumbling and stumbling battling the elements.

Remember back when the last game at RFK happened? Right after the game, fans, media, even security personnel were taking souvenirs of RFK, picking apart the field, cones, seats, anything associated with RFK that wasn't bolted down was fair game for whoever had the nads to grab it. it was crazy seeing that on tv.

Friends of mine bought the old WMAL Redskins van. Had a piece of that RFK turf growing in there for years.

My dad's side of the family are all native americans. That had me laughing really hard. I could totally see Snyder turning this one over in his head. :lol:

Don't want to turn this into the n*me debate, but serious question: would most of them feel offended, amused, or honored by a stadium complex designed to look like a gigantic longhouse?  Authentic & historical looking, not cartoon Chief Wahoo bull****.

Archived