Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

for revenge, i want the seahawks!

SBboundbaby

I know the eagles game is a must win. and I believe we will win. and if things shake out the way I want them to. we will play at home against the seahawks. this is the matchup I want. I want them for revenge. I want them for beating us. may not be the easiest of games the way they are playing. but I want another shot at them with a QB that is not 3/4 broken down. you talk a bout a measuring stick.  win that game and we are the team everyone will be talking about.

hail

sbb

I was in Seattle in 2005 and 2007... Those fans talked crap about ST's death on my way out... I will never ever forget it and I would love to pay them back. I thought we were going to in 2012... I would love it this year. (It would also mean we handle business in Philly on Sat, so, yes, let's get a revenge game against the Seahawks after we finish business in the East.

Eh, I'd rather find the most success possible in what we all realistically consider something between a rebuilding year and a "finding ourselves" year. So I'll say, with no hesitation, that I'd much prefer an easier matchup than some type of dick measuring contest with a much better team just because they hurt our feelings a couple times in the last decade. I'd like to have a better chance at winning--if there was some way for us to draw the winner of the terrible AFCS in the wildcard round, I'd choose that option. I'm not ashamed.

Cart before the horse, but I love your enthusiasm... Let's make the dance first

Yeah I am with you.  We are underdogs on the road and on prime time tv, based on recent history including this year -- this doesn't spell a slam dunk win where thoughts move towards lets worry about who we get in the playoffs.  But on the chance we get there -- I'd take the Vikings over the Seahawks by a mile.  I get the revenge factor but at the same time, I think they match up very well against the Redskins.  Chancelor on Jordan Reed.  Sherman on D. Jax, etc.   And R. Wilson has been red hot.  The Vikings on the other hand don't look that scary to me.  But I'd be thrilled just to get there. 

I don't want to play them this season if we end up winning the division.

Maybe if we had Culliver to try and run with Baldwin or Lockett but I don't think any of our DBs are quick or shifty enough to guard receivers of their type well.

Also, our defensive line hasn't been great on getting pressure on QBs, let alone a savy one like Wilson.

I want to play them and beat them in the playoffs but this wouldn't be the year for that. They aren't a good matchup for us right now, RB or no RB. I couldn't take dropping 4 in a row against them in the playoffs. Can't stand their fanbase, their uniforms, their coach.

I hope we draw them when we're further along in the contending process.

Wilson can beat us on his own with an inspired effort. I can't see Teddy doing that. AP is kinda banged up and Gruden had some success against their defense last season with a worse QB. 

I'd much rather play the Vikings

I know the eagles game is a must win. and I believe we will win. and if things shake out the way I want them to. we will play at home against the seahawks. this is the matchup I want. I want them for revenge. I want them for beating us. may not be the easiest of games the way they are playing. but I want another shot at them with a QB that is not 3/4 broken down. you talk a bout a measuring stick.  win that game and we are the team everyone will be talking about.

hail

sbb

You're starting to sound like the kid at the ball game that tells the other kid that his dad is going to beat up his dad except his dad looks like Dolph Lundgren and your dad just got his gym membership last weekend. :blink:

i get it guys. i know, i know. but think of it this way. when was the last time we played a meaningful game in December? i feel fantastic about our next game. i think if we can score on the first few posession like last week. we will win. something different is in the air. and i smell it.

sbb

I'd prefer to actually win a playoff game, so under no circumstances do I want the Seahawks.  They are the number one team I don't want to face in the NFC.  Revenge is great and all, but I'd prefer to get it when we are more well equipped to do so. 

In addition, we are a dog on the road this coming Saturday for a reason.  I'd much prefer to worry about this potential playoff matchup on Sunday morning rather than right now.

Scared money don't make money

Obviously Philly is all that matters now...

But knocking off Seattle, who everyone is so high on, in the first round would be the kind of win that could propel a team to overachieving the following weeks. Seattle's D is vulnerable. I've seen enough of Rutzel to know he has a stinker game in him, and his D and running game probably won't bail him out this year.  

It ain't about "winning a game"...It's about winning the whole thing!!

I don't see it happening this year. Its "Any Given Sunday/Saturday", but if we all look back not many of us expected to be at .500 this year. 

Seattle is a better team than us, even with their slow start. Now in a couple years I'd love to meet them in the Playoffs and have guys like Trent Williams show how dominant they are. I'd be happy for Scot too, it's likely he left Seattle on his own accord, or partially so but it'd be nice for him to know that he has turned it back around.

RG3 was torching them dudes before he tweaked his knee running out of bounds.  Two touchdowns on the first two drives, I believe.

Seattle aint' Seattle when they don't have their precious "12s."  Seahawks are a very beatable team.  And right now they have no running game at all. 

i think cosmic principle demands it

If we are lucky to make the playoffs -- the cosmic element cuts both ways, its just as poetic I am sure for Seattle to beat the Redskins for the 4th time in a row in the playoffs.  It could be to them, hey we got the Redskins on the schedule, beating them in the playoffs is what we do, etc.

Archived