Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

for revenge, i want the seahawks!

SBboundbaby

Fearless warriors dont care who they are up against. Everytime they step on the battlefield it is to take a glorius victory. No fear in there hearts and no need to think about tomorrow. Its about here and now. One battle a time because you never know if you even make it to the next one.

Hail to the Redskins!

You may get your wish but you won't like the outcome.  Seattle would blow this team out.

seattle is still pretty bad when they have to come to the east coast.  They win, but they struggle more than at home.  If we beat the eagles, rest some of our players in week 17, get Kory back at center, we will be able to hang with the hawks for most of the game.  Winning will be tough, but I would expect a close game going into the 4th quarter - especially if we clinch this Saturday night.

seattle is still pretty bad when they have to come to the east coast.  They win, but they struggle more than at home.  If we beat the eagles, rest some of our players in week 17, get Kory back at center, we will be able to hang with the hawks for most of the game.  Winning will be tough, but I would expect a close game going into the 4th quarter - especially if we clinch this Saturday night.

Seattle just won by 29 in their last east coast game.  

They went 3-0 last year in games on the East Coast.

They went 3-0 the year before that. 

They went 3-1 the year before that including a playoff win over the Redskins.

Not sure I see how going 10-1 in their last 11 games on the East Coast shows struggle? 

I'd probably be more worried about the Eagles right now than the Seahawks.  Thats just me. 

Let's just win Saturday and get in. I never get into I'd rather play one team or the other, because the team that you hope to play is usually the team that bites you in the behind. It's kind of like when teams that already have a playoff spot locked up going into the final week and they lay down to avoid playing a specific team and then the team that they wanted to play whoops their butts. Let's just get in and let the chips fall where they may. If we finish strong these last two games on the road and come back home for a playoff game, the team is going to be on a confidence high that takes them to another level. Our fans will be like rabid animals and FedEx will be as close to RFK as it's ever been to this date. If that ends up being the case, I love our chances and I wouldn't want to be the Seahawks or the Vikings.   

I just thought of something. IF we win Saturday, I think instead of worrying about the Cowboys, we should spend those two weeks studying and preparing to face the Seahawks. I hope I'm not sounding obvious, but it would be wise, if and only after beating the Eagles, to look ahead towards the Seahawks and use those two weeks kind of like a bye week, which I hope should give us a leg up on the competition. This is probably the only instance I suggest looking past a team; let alone a team/division rival/the Cowboys.

First the Eagles.  And believe me this game is going to tell us a lot of things on how we have progressed and where we are:  If we win, lets rest some key players, have Cousins play for a half against the pukes and then whoever we face we face.

Lets not kid ourselves Seattle is one hell of a hard team to beat.  We don't do well against running QBs, look what happen with the Bills and Wilson is miles ahead.  

But our main focus should be the Eagles right now and nothing else.  The damn Brokebacks came in our house and beat us when we had a lot to play for and we are going to overlook the Eagles who also have their destiny in their hands and the game is in their house?  Hell no.

I just thought of something. IF we win Saturday, I think instead of worrying about the Cowboys, we should spend those two weeks studying and preparing to face the Seahawks. I hope I'm not sounding obvious, but it would be wise, if and only after beating the Eagles, to look ahead towards the Seahawks and use those two weeks kind of like a bye week, which I hope should give us a leg up on the competition. This is probably the only instance I suggest looking past a team; let alone a team/division rival/the Cowboys.

I'm sure the players and coaches are well aware of who we will end up playing.

but the last thing you want this team doing is focusing on a game that's not even here yet. A young team, new to the paloffs, that would have them playing nervous, just like NE, and we all saw what happened there.

No, business as usual. Seattle is not the Seattle of old. Yes they have a good defense, but guess what? We do too. Its nothing more than a mind game right now with them, they're relying on their reputation to get them somewhere, and the only place it will get them is a quick one-n-done at the hands of the Redskins.

As long as Gruden doesn't go into full conservative mode, we should win this game. Getting the players psyched out 3 weeks before we play them isn't smart, and could have a negative effect on the games they are playing now, mainly Philly.

Focus on beating the Eagles, if/when we win, then if needed rest a few players at Dallas, then prepare to have the media talking about the hottest team going into the paloffs, YOUR WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

RG3 was torching them dudes before he tweaked his knee running out of bounds.  Two touchdowns on the first two drives, I believe.

Seattle aint' Seattle when they don't have their precious "12s."  Seahawks are a very beatable team.  And right now they have no running game at all. 

They have a better road record than us. But both team have the same home record. So it will be a low scoring game or at least back and forth grudge match. But in the end we will prevail. :D

Seattle just won by 29 in their last east coast game.  

They went 3-0 last year in games on the East Coast.

They went 3-0 the year before that. 

They went 3-1 the year before that including a playoff win over the Redskins.

Not sure I see how going 10-1 in their last 11 games on the East Coast shows struggle? 

I'd probably be more worried about the Eagles right now than the Seahawks.  Thats just me. 

I see your point and concur.  But a team can struggle but win.  And if we can clinch in week 16, we should be well rested for our playoff game.  Would love to see the NFL make it a 1pm start on Saturday.  Short week and very early game for a west coast team. 

I hope you people understand that the refs would be fully in the tank for the Seahawks and Panthers against us.

I would much prefer to face teams like Arizona and GB where the game will be called fairly.

If we even make the playoffs, that is.

I'm much more worried about the refs being in the tank for Philly Saturday night to make the division come down to week 17. It also would keep the Giants alive for Sunday night football this week. If there is any type of conspiracy nonsense with reffing, you can bet it will be in Phillys favor Saturday night.

I def do not want the Seahawks, but if that's how it shakes out they can be beaten. It would take another one of Kirks near flawless performances at home and 30+ points because Seattles offense and Wilson are going to make plays. Wilson is the most elusive player in the NFL right now and is getting better as a passer. Even when he was an average passer at best, whenever the game was on the line he almost always made plays with his feet to help move the chains.

I see your point and concur.  But a team can struggle but win.  And if we can clinch in week 16, we should be well rested for our playoff game.  Would love to see the NFL make it a 1pm start on Saturday.  Short week and very early game for a west coast team. 

Won't happen.  First game of wild-card weekend should be at 4:30 pm Saturday the 9th.

I hated having us be the first game of the weekend when we played Seattle in 2005 and 2007 out there. I do like watching playoff football overall, but when we lost those games, I wasn't in the mood to watch the other games that particular weekend.  Having us as the last game of the weekend in 2012 was better, even though we lost that one as well.

Seattle might be in a position to rest guys as well in week 17, if Arizona beats Green Bay on Sunday. Regardless of whether they play the Skins or whoever wins the NFCN, they'll still be on the road, so they might not care.

Really? A playoff thread?? Okay, I'll comment...

...In the first round of the "playoffs" the Skins need to beat the Eagles, to advance.

Washington only controls its own destiny -- so before the Eagles game, why entertain a bunch of premature "what-ifs"?

It's going to be hard to win regardless who you play. Play Seattle this round or the team that beat Seattle next round, don't matter. 

Not a chance. Either we face Seattle in the Wild Card round. Or we'll meet the team that beat them in the NFCCG (mostly Green Bay then).

If we win, we'll either face Arizona or Carolina.

If Green Bay beats Arizona, and Minnesota & Seattle win out we will be hosting Green Bay...

Reasoning... Minnesota & G.B. both have 11-5 records but Minnesota wins based on tie breakers.

That leaves G.B. & Seattle at 11-5 and since G.B. beat Seattle they would the #5 seed and Seattle #6 seed.

I'm sure the players and coaches are well aware of who we will end up playing.

but the last thing you want this team doing is focusing on a game that's not even here yet. A young team, new to the paloffs, that would have them playing nervous, just like NE, and we all saw what happened there.

No, business as usual. Seattle is not the Seattle of old. Yes they have a good defense, but guess what? We do too. Its nothing more than a mind game right now with them, they're relying on their reputation to get them somewhere, and the only place it will get them is a quick one-n-done at the hands of the Redskins.

As long as Gruden doesn't go into full conservative mode, we should win this game. Getting the players psyched out 3 weeks before we play them isn't smart, and could have a negative effect on the games they are playing now, mainly Philly.

Focus on beating the Eagles, if/when we win, then if needed rest a few players at Dallas, then prepare to have the media talking about the hottest team going into the paloffs, YOUR WASHINGTON REDSKINS.

You sir are a freakin' genious !

Archived