Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

for revenge, i want the seahawks!

SBboundbaby

If Green Bay beats Arizona, and Minnesota & Seattle win out we will be hosting Green Bay...

Reasoning... Minnesota & G.B. both have 11-5 records but Minnesota wins based on tie breakers.

That leaves G.B. & Seattle at 11-5 and since G.B. beat Seattle they would the #5 seed and Seattle #6 seed.

That would require Minny winning in Green Bay. Which I have some trouble seeing and the Hawks winning in Arizona as well in Week 17.

Do you really think GB will beat the Cardinals?

I can envision this. They know they won't have homefield advantage through the playoffs, so I can see them playing rest. To get it, it would require the Panthers to lose out and for the Cards to win out...

Seahawks in the playoffs seems like our destiny. Let's hope we can finally get that monkey off our back.

I say its likely.  But Seattle is at Arizona for the last game, far from an automatic win.  Though vikings have a tough one in Green Bay.  But yeah as much as I love winning the division -- I don't want a rematch with Seattle, love to see the Vikings.

We have to able to run the ball if we have any chance against the hawks. No doubt we have developed a strong aerial attack the past three games against some medicore teams, but without any balance we won't hold up. I think that's been proven this year.  If Lichtensteiger is back, I am blindly hoping he makes some kind of difference.

I know that Seattle is on a rampage but if you look at their season as a whole they seem beatable this time around.

They beat:
The Bears

The Lions

The 49ers

The Cowboys

The Ravens
The Browns

Those teams aren't playing their best football neither at the time of the loss or this season.

Who did they beat?

The Steelers: Home game, Ben was playing.  Very close game

The Vikings: They shut the Vikings down completely in all phases of the game. This was the most impressive win so far.

They play the Rams today (Sunday, 12/27) who beat them earlier this year.

Next up is the Cardinals for the final game.  I'm not sure if the Cardinals will play any starters as they have the #2 seed pretty much locked up.  It would take all kinds of craziness for them to lose their hold on the #2 seed. The Cardinals beat the Seahawks in their own stadium.

This Seattle team reminds me of the Redskins in 2012 in some ways.

What scares me?  Russell Wilson is by far better than Tyrod Taylor.  He's smarter, more accurate with the football, faster, and makes better decisions.  If the Redskins can follow the Cowboys recipe earlier in the season to contain him I think we have a shot.

All that said, I'd still rather play ANY other team.  Falcons, Packers, or Vikings.

Hey now. That was one helluva game. And for all those peeps out there that don't want the seahags. Reach down into your pants and pull your balls down. Cuz they are sucked up into your stomach.

I want the hags. Badly. I want the ball thrown at whoever Sherman is covering. I want to shut that team down for good.

Hail

Sbb

I have to agree with the people who want Seattle over any other team. I read somewhere a few days ago that Jerry Jones once remarked that beating the 1991 Redskins in the twelfth week of that season (when we were undefeated) who looked unstoppable at the time helped give the Cowboys the confidence to make their three Superbowl runs. I think the same thing here can happen with the Seahawks. Getting that nasty monkey off of our back can go a long way. We could've won against them in 2012 if it wasn't for RGIII getting injured. 2005 and 2007 they were the superior team and at home where they have NEVER lost in the playoffs and even won a playoff game there against the defending Superbowl champion New Orleans Saints as a 7-9 team as well as that miracle onside kick game from last season against Green Bay where it looked liked they were going to lose.

Besides, this reminds me of the Nats in 2014. Fans were throwing a party that they didn't have to face St. Louis in the playoffs and instead face San Francisco (who they had a winning record against in the regular season) and still lost anyway. No matter who we face, it's the playoffs and it'll be a dogfight whether its Minnesota, Green Bay, or Seattle.   

We have to able to run the ball if we have any chance against the hawks. No doubt we have developed a strong aerial attack the past three games against some medicore teams, but without any balance we won't hold up. I think that's been proven this year.  If Lichtensteiger is back, I am blindly hoping he makes some kind of difference.

I was hoping the pass would open up the run but even last night it didn't really seem to. We will need more balance against better teams, no doubt.

I was hoping the pass would open up the run but even last night it didn't really seem to. We will need more balance against better teams, no doubt.

That's part of my concern about the we want Seattle stuff.  If the run game doesn't find its stride, I don't think its going to be as easy throwing the ball 40 times against that secondary.   Unfortunately, Seattle IMO matches up well to the Redskins.   It's unlikely going to be as easy chucking the ball around against the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL versus the Eagles (32nd), Bills (20th), Bears (12th).

Love what Kirk and this offense has been doing and I think they can continue that run against the Vikings or the Packers but as for Seattle I am nowhere near as confident about.

Archived