Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Redskins' defense hammers Jaguars into oblivion

Califan007 The Constipated

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000394200/article/redskins-defense-hammers-jaguars-into-oblivion

The Washington Redskins overcame the loss of their starting quarterback and most dangerous offensive weapon to hammer the Jacksonville Jaguars 41-10 for their first win of the season. Our takeaways:

1. Stephen King couldn't have authored a more horrific start to Sunday's Redskins outing. After losing starting quarterback Robert Griffin III to a dislocated left ankle, deep threat DeSean Jackson was ruled out with an AC joint sprain.

3. Washington's pass rush dropped a mega-ton hammer. Ryan Kerrigan dialed up a career-best four sacks, while Perry Riley, Brian Orakpo and Jason Hatcher ate up Jacksonville's line and Chad Henne all afternoon. Washington tied a franchise record with 10 sacks and unleashed a whopping 18 quarterback hits. With the second quarter ticking away, the Redskins had outgained the Jaguars 257 yards to one.

5. Alfred Morris ran with power and vision, serving as the offensive centerpiece for a ground attack that helped Washington carve out an unsurmountable lead. He remains a nonfactor in the passing game, but Morris blistered Jacksonville for 85 yards and two scores.

6. With Jordan Reed out of the lineup, tight end Niles Paul made the most of his opportunity to the tune of eight catches for 99 yards with a touchdown. He consistently gave Cousins a target in space and looms as a frisky option if Reed remains an injury concern.

Who stole my plate of crow with all the trimmings?

I was one of the most critical ESers of Haslett, and yes, this win was against the Jaguars, but wow.

WOW!

I'm gonna tone down my praise of the job Haslett has done thus far this year, but it definitely looks like a different defense on the field.  Everyone seemed focused, proper tackling, hard hitting, dumb penalties down, and they look like they had a chip, no, a boulder on their shoulders to prove they can play.

Now, I don't expect to see this kind of performance week in and out [ although it would be sweet ] but if they can play with half as much intensity during the season that they played today, it will be a huge benefit to the offense, and this would be a team to reckon with in December, and probably January as well.

But today, my hat is off to Haslett and the job he did today. also was good to see him on the sidelines where he can hear what the players are saying.

Redskins defense hammers Jags into oblivion..................

Then Redskins fans come here and hammer commonsense into oblivion. I am dumbfounded at all the dumb I founded posted here today. Yikes

I was hoping some would man up and give the much maligned Haslett some credit, WTG skins island connection :thumbsup: Top to bottom the D was the star of the game, but Rambo needs to be watching from the stands.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000394200/article/redskins-defense-hammers-jaguars-into-oblivion

The Washington Redskins overcame the loss of their starting quarterback and most dangerous offensive weapon to hammer the Jacksonville Jaguars 41-10 for their first win of the season. Our takeaways:

1. Stephen King couldn't have authored a more horrific start to Sunday's Redskins outing. After losing starting quarterback Robert Griffin III to a dislocated left ankle, deep threat DeSean Jackson was ruled out with an AC joint sprain.

3. Washington's pass rush dropped a mega-ton hammer. Ryan Kerrigan dialed up a career-best four sacks, while Perry Riley, Brian Orakpo and Jason Hatcher ate up Jacksonville's line and Chad Henne all afternoon. Washington tied a franchise record with 10 sacks and unleashed a whopping 18 quarterback hits. With the second quarter ticking away, the Redskins had outgained the Jaguars 257 yards to one.

5. Alfred Morris ran with power and vision, serving as the offensive centerpiece for a ground attack that helped Washington carve out an unsurmountable lead. He remains a nonfactor in the passing game, but Morris blistered Jacksonville for 85 yards and two scores.

6. With Jordan Reed out of the lineup, tight end Niles Paul made the most of his opportunity to the tune of eight catches for 99 yards with a touchdown. He consistently gave Cousins a target in space and looms as a frisky option if Reed remains an injury concern.

Best defense I've seen in a decade!!!

Who stole my plate of crow with all the trimmings?

I was one of the most critical ESers of Haslett, and yes, this win was against the Jaguars, but wow.

WOW!

I'm gonna tone down my praise of the job Haslett has done thus far this year, but it definitely looks like a different defense on the field.

I'll keep on hating on Haz if gets results like today. :)

Notice Rambo a SS, is getting burned in space. Sure he is a safety, but I think he may be an in the box safety. The places I am seeing him, deep, I would like to see Ryan Clark that deep, or a corner.

Think about that Houston TD though. Rambo vs their slot WR deep, that is just not his strength.  Haz said last week he did great 54 of 56 plays. Lets see what this weeks report card looks like. 

Not sure what Haslett is running though when Rambo keeps getting exposed deep, but he needs to re-consider this play call.. He is raw and aggressive.

BMerri is on his way back, which should help. But I also expect him to struggle deep one on one with a 3WR. 

Two things on Rambo.

1) Merriweather is back next week &

2) #TanardWatch is on :D

Think about that Houston TD though. Rambo vs their slot WR deep, that is just not his strength.

True but Fitz also had all day back there to make that throw.

Probably a good place to just insert some random feelings about the D.

1). Somehow I suspect Philly will run the ball slightly more than Jax did. (And better). I get the impression that Jax ran the ball like four times, total, all game.

2). Some of those sacks, my impression was that Henne had time, and just didn't get rid of it. Not sure Foles makes the same mistake.

3). OTOH, I was also noticing that we were collapsing the middle of the pocket a lot better than we usually do. Don't know if that's because Jax OL stinks, or because things like having Hatcher means we don't just get pressure from the edge, but I sure had that impression.

The thing with Foles is if you take away his first read, he really struggles. He was absolutely atrocious against the Jags.

The sacks we got today came in a variety of ways. We had 2 that were coverage sacks, like 3 from blitzes that got home quick and the rest were simply our pass rushers going out and beating their man before henne could make a read. Jacksonville has some talent at WR, probably more than Philly, so it's nice to see us shutting them down.

Archived