Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Redskins' defense hammers Jaguars into oblivion

Califan007 The Constipated

I think haslett should not have retained his job. his defenses have sucked for so long yet he's had so many chances to continue coaching.

however, the defense has played well, and yesterday's performance was unreal, maybe a relentless dline is what haslett needs to make his defense work?

and tbh, we sacked the qb 10 times without one fumble and missed several picks and nearly had a pick 6.. it could've been a much worse day for the jaguars.

im excited for the redskins defense, they have a lot of talent. that combined with the weak schedule is why I drafted them in both of my fantasy leagues.

Can we get a hardcore film breakdown of our defensive performance from someone? Where's K Dawg when you need him? I saw us running some nascar fronts (which included Murphy) on 3rd downs and I loved it.

And we thought we had a steal in the draft once upon a time.  lol  He's arguably been the worst player on the team these past two years.  

LOL

But today, my hat is off to Haslett and the job he did today. also was good to see him on the sidelines where he can hear what the players are saying.

I'm gonna say the same thing I said in the other thread. Haslett, like most coaches, is only as good as the talent around them.

We upgraded the talent at FS, MLB and most importantly DL.

And we got a huge boost from special teams and offense.

Haslett is the same guy he was last year.

Who stole my plate of crow with all the trimmings?

I was one of the most critical ESers of Haslett, and yes, this win was against the Jaguars, but wow.

WOW!

I'm gonna tone down my praise of the job Haslett has done thus far this year, but it definitely looks like a different defense on the field.  Everyone seemed focused, proper tackling, hard hitting, dumb penalties down, and they look like they had a chip, no, a boulder on their shoulders to prove they can play.

Now, I don't expect to see this kind of performance week in and out [ although it would be sweet ] but if they can play with half as much intensity during the season that they played today, it will be a huge benefit to the offense, and this would be a team to reckon with in December, and probably January as well.

But today, my hat is off to Haslett and the job he did today. also was good to see him on the sidelines where he can hear what the players are saying.

Sorry dude, I am gonna wait until at least the bye-week before I order a full buffet of crow.  Scratch that... if they hold the Eagles running backs to just one big run I will be ordering a spread of crow.  Alaa Forest Gump style.  

Like others, I'm not sure how good our defense is...

But, I have seen far too many games where the worst team in the league comes in and walks all over us or a rookie QB who looks like poo gets his first win here and looks like a first ballot HOFer.  So, what happened against the Jags is notable.  This could be a mirage or could signify a very positive step forward.  If we can at least stop making the worst of the worst look like the 91 'Skins that's something.

Last week, we made the worst of the worst look like the worst of the worst.  Against Houston, we did the same thing for the first half except that Houston may not actually be the worst of the worst... hard to use us and the Raiders as a barometer.  This week, the defense gets to show what they are made of.  Hopefully, it's not fun house mirrors.

The Redskins homer part of me is recalling a really old Doonesbury cartoon. The artwork is the same, for all four frames: A football huddle. Voices emerge from the huddle.

First frame: All right, give me a rundown on the new defense they just put in.

Second frame, voices emerge from various places:

The average weight is 325 pounds.

The center has one eye and steel teeth.

The linebacker killed three backs, last year.

Third frame, no dialog. just silence.

Fourth frame: All right, this next play is gonna be a handoff.

Archived