Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

20 hours ago, visionary said:

Into the Badlands final episode of the season...W...T...F!

Hide contents

There was no need for that, Veil.  What the hell?

Yeah that was pretty crazy (didn't seem like there was another option though), as was 

Spoiler

the presumed SOS sent by Bajie? That was strange. Someone is definitely coming, and if it's from Azrah, who knows who or what it is. It seems everyone connected there is a Dark One. Maybe that it is what ended civilization in the first place

Great 2nd season. For now, seems like the Widow has taken the lead asshole gig and run with it. For someone who I initially thought would be a total disaster, Nick Frost did quite well. Maybe he is more than what I thought he was (I've only seen him in the Simon Peg movies)

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I was digging Masters of None. I don't remember if it was episode 8 or 9, I wasn't paying attention and heard the voice of Archer. H.Jon Benjamin returned. The ending was whack and left you hanging for season 3.

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah that was pretty crazy (didn't seem like there was another option though), as was 

Reveal hidden contents

the presumed SOS sent by Bajie? That was strange. Someone is definitely coming, and if it's from Azrah, who knows who or what it is. It seems everyone connected there is a Dark One. Maybe that it is what ended civilization in the first place

Great 2nd season. For now, seems like the Widow has taken the lead asshole gig and run with it. For someone who I initially thought would be a total disaster, Nick Frost did quite well. Maybe he is more than what I thought he was (I've only seen him in the Simon Peg movies)

I thought the season was really good, but I wasn't crazy about parts of this ending.

Spoiler

I really liked Bajie.  It seemed like he was dead at the end after the message.   He brought some well-needed humor to the show.    The Quinn and Veil thing seemed ridiculous to me.  They made Quinn way too hard to kill for someone who should be dying of cancer.  Also it seemed like Sunny should have finished him off or at least made sure he was dead before the part with Veil.  And Veil had no need to stab herself.  Why didn't she just stab Quinn?   Checking twitter after that scene, people were really pissed off about her death and Sunny not cutting off Quinn's head earlier. I wasn't a huge fan of her character though, I was more annoyed at how it went down and possibly losing Bajie.   Also the show just kind of forgot about Tilda, MK, etc.   Still enjoyed the season for the most part though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, visionary said:

I thought the season was really good, but I wasn't crazy about parts of this ending.

Hide contents

I really liked Bajie.  It seemed like he was dead at the end after the message.   He brought some well-needed humor to the show.    The Quinn and Veil thing seemed ridiculous to me.  They made Quinn way too hard to kill for someone who should be dying of cancer.  Also it seemed like Sunny should have finished him off or at least made sure he was dead before the part with Veil.  And Veil had no need to stab herself.  Why didn't she just stab Quinn?   Checking twitter after that scene, people were really pissed off about her death and Sunny not cutting off Quinn's head earlier. I wasn't a huge fan of her character though, I was more annoyed at how it went down and possibly losing Bajie.   Also the show just kind of forgot about Tilda, MK, etc.   Still enjoyed the season for the most part though.

Good points, however 

Spoiler

I would counter that in Guinn's unperdictability, there was no other way to neutralize him in that situation. He had her, and Sunny had Henry. There's nothing he can do in that situation. There's no guarantee that Quinn will let her go either. Veil's a very bold character, and not afraid to do what she has to, which in this case, is to protect her legacy.. She probably knew that there was no way out unless she killed him, in that manner. 

I do agree that the Quinn fight was pretty overdone. But not egregious. Someone portrayed to be that evil and cunning, and unhinged.... It's not all that shocking that several blows could not kill him

It would suck if Bajie is dead, though. Definitely brought more levity to the show. I thought he just kinda passed out

Edited by Mr. Sinister

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

House of Cards Season 5 comes out next week. The trailers look amazing.

And the new season of Bloodline comes out in three days.  Pumped for both shows.  Also was told to check out Dead Set, its on Netflix and from the creators of Black Mirror.   

• Like 1

Such a hilarious quote from "Life Below Zero"...

After a hunter comes a cross a muskrat that was cannibalised by another muskrat, he's like...

"A muskrat is not at the top of the list of animals I would wanna be reincarnated as...

Sit in a hole in the darkness, eating your house, and then the ice freezes and you can't get back in the water, and you freeze to death, and then your buddy eats you".

This documentary on Netflix "The Keepers" is pretty damn good.  If you liked Making a Murderer last year, you'll like this.  Very similar style.

It starts with the story of a nun who was a teacher at Keough (now Seton Keough, I believe) in Baltimore that was murdered in 1969.  Two of her students have spent years and years trying to figure it out.

But that's just scratching the surface.  If you hate the Catholic church, this is something you'll like (not that I do, but you can probably guess where this story is headed).

On 5/22/2017 at 6:49 PM, Warhead36 said:

House of Cards Season 5 comes out next week. The trailers look amazing.

Finished it last night. That ending...that was some next level machiavellian ****. There's the saying "Chess, not checkers". Yeah well Frank Underwood made chess look like finger painting. 

Orange Is The New Black is due out soon.

I'm 3 shows away from finishing up with Black Sails which has been highly enjoyable. 

Bloodline S3 the final season, is on deck. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it. Great acting, great drama

• Like 1

On 6/3/2017 at 2:14 AM, TK said:

Finished it last night. That ending...that was some next level machiavellian ****. There's the saying "Chess, not checkers". Yeah well Frank Underwood made chess look like finger painting. 

Orange Is The New Black is due out soon.

I'm 3 shows away from finishing up with Black Sails which has been highly enjoyable. 

Bloodline S3 the final season, is on deck. If you haven't watched it, I recommend it. Great acting, great drama

Man, just finished up House of Cards season 5 Monday night...........WOW!  I didn't see that ending coming at all, great season.  

I binged Bloodline S3 when it arrived and really enjoyed it, great show.  When you finish it, let me know what you thought of the last two episodes, specifically the finale.  

Just now, youngchew said:

Anybody else watching American Gods?!  Loving it so far.

Not yet, I got rid of all my pay channels except for HBO.  It's my plan to save money.  When Power comes back on Starz, I will wait until they are almost done with the season (say 2-3 episodes left) then I'll add a monthly Starz subscription to my Amazon Prime, binge watch Power and American Gods over the month, then cancel before I get billed again.  Same with any Showtime series and Cinemax series.  Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Kind of wild how they mix Egyptian and Norse mythology...and even added in a Greek god, a leprechaun and a djinn (ugh, I fast forwarded thru the two dudes getting it on).

I keep trying to cancel my Cinemax subscription...the final season of Banshee was ****, and the only other good show was Quarry. Nothing worth watching there anymore.

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Not yet. I started reading it first. 

16 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Not yet, I got rid of all my pay channels except for HBO.  It's my plan to save money.  When Power comes back on Starz, I will wait until they are almost done with the season (say 2-3 episodes left) then I'll add a monthly Starz subscription to my Amazon Prime, binge watch Power and American Gods over the month, then cancel before I get billed again.  Same with any Showtime series and Cinemax series.  Rinse and repeat.

STARZ is 9 bucks through their app/iTunes with a 30 day free trial. I started to do the same thing, 30 days & cancel but STARZ has enough content that it's worth the 9 as opposed to HBO for $15.

26 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Man, just finished up House of Cards season 5 Monday night...........WOW!  I didn't see that ending coming at all, great season.  

I binged Bloodline S3 when it arrived and really enjoyed it, great show.  When you finish it, let me know what you thought of the last two episodes, specifically the finale.  

Frank effing Underwood. 

If I get time I may start Bloodline this afternoon or save it for the weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I keep trying to cancel my Cinemax subscription...the final season of Banshee was ****, and the only other good show was Quarry. Nothing worth watching there anymore.

They've let their streaming app go to **** too. Sometimes it's load & other times it'd be a blank screen. I was wanting to get into Strikeback but the app was so bad I dumped it. 

On 6/3/2017 at 11:28 AM, StillUnknown said:

House of Cards has become unwatchable to me

On 6/3/2017 at 11:38 AM, HOF44 said:

I thought it was just me.  I used to love it too.

8 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yeah, the second season was great, but it's just kept going downhill ever since.

Through episode 4 (season 5) now and feeling the same way.. Not sure what the reasons are for you guys, but to me it's just gone soft.. I could be watching it on NBC at 8pm and it wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. 

1 hour ago, GoDeep81 said:

Through episode 4 (season 5) now and feeling the same way.. Not sure what the reasons are for you guys, but to me it's just gone soft.. I could be watching it on NBC at 8pm and it wouldn't even raise an eyebrow. 

in general, I dont like shows that over the top. not expecting realism, but its just feels lazy the last 2 and half to 3 seasons

I finished season 5, but i'm probably done with the show

Just finished House of Cards. I found the season to be very...up and down. Some good episodes, some real bad ones. Overall though I'd say it was disappointing. It wasn't season 3 bad but it was a big drop off from season 4 which was outstanding. The election day episodes were great, beyond that though I didn't love it.