Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yes, the beginning and ending both made me wonder what I'm watching. It definitely has that Lost feel when it comes to lore. 

Yep, I had no idea what was going on in the beginning and was really confused at the end. That was Nora right? 

I suspect it's a red herring. Were those scenes at the beginning supposed to be the 7th Day Adventists?  If I recall correctly, the movement started with a man who kept predicting the date of the second coming, but eventually his followers switched over to the woman who formally organized the 7th Day church.

• Like 1

Just now, Riggo-toni said:

I suspect it's a red herring. Were those scenes at the beginning supposed to be the 7th Day Adventists?  If I recall correctly, the movement started with a man who kept predicting the date of the second coming, but eventually his followers switched over to the woman who formally organized the 7th Day church.

Yes, I just talked to my coworker who confirmed that the beginning is supposed to be based on this cult

• Like 1

Whether it is popular on a sports message board with lots of testosterone or not, This Is Us is a fantastic show.  I don't think it is just our family's interracial adoptions that motivates me to think the show awesome.  It just hits on a lot of what it means to be a family with all the screw ups we all make and the emotions many of us experience with family.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 11:20 AM, youngchew said:

STARZ new series "American Gods" premieres Sunday, April 30th.  Could be good, could be a wet fart.  But anything with Ian McShane is at least worth checking out.  

the book is one of my favorites, I really hope the show does it justice

• Like 1

After loving Daredevil, quite liking Jessica Jones, and enjoying some moments in Luke Cage, Iron Fist is really cheesy awful. The casting, which has been the strongest asset of the other series, is terrible, and the script is almost bad enough to be a Ben Affleck superhero movie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

After loving Daredevil, quite liking Jessica Jones, and enjoying some moments in Luke Cage, Iron Fist is really cheesy awful. The casting, which has been the strongest asset of the other series, is terrible, and the script is almost bad enough to be a Ben Affleck superhero movie.

Daredevil has been the best so far and I loved Luke Cage too.  Only watched about 3 episodes of Jessica Jones though.  But the wife and I started watching Iron Fist and we really like it.  Watched 8 episodes yesterday since it was a rainy day here in Charlotte.

Was asked to preview a fall Pilot this weekend for a new drama show called Shelter. It was a hospital drama ala ER or Greys. 

The premise was that a massive hurricane was hitting NYC and the city was going to go to crap through the night and all the stuff that this hospital dealt with during that storm. 

Folks let me tell you, that show will never see the light of day. I massacred it. Holy hell was it bad. Just trite, stereotypical, poorly paced, had badly written characters, nothing really engaging and so much **** happened to this hospital in one day, they would never be able to keep that suspense up all season.

I mean halfway thru the episode a ****ing ambulance crashes through the ER waiting room because why not. We already had the main characters love interest left for dead, her son brought in had drowned and nearly died, her crazy mother walks in the storm to a diner again just because I guess they didn't have enough stuff going on. Ugh it was awful. 

I think I hit the green "like" button 5 times throughout the entire hour. I wore that red "dislike" button out then was writing out paragraphs on the post show survey detailing why it was trash.

Got paid $35 to do it. 

It was fun. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Was asked to preview a fall Pilot this weekend for a new drama show called Shelter. It was a hospital drama ala ER or Greys. 

The premise was that a massive hurricane was hitting NYC and the city was going to go to crap through the night and all the stuff that this hospital dealt with during that storm. 

Folks let me tell you, that show will never see the light of day. I massacred it. Holy hell was it bad. Just trite, stereotypical, poorly paced, had badly written characters, nothing really engaging and so much **** happened to this hospital in one day, they would never be able to keep that suspense up all season.

I mean halfway thru the episode a ****ing ambulance crashes through the ER waiting room because why not. We already had the main characters love interest left for dead, her son brought in had drowned and nearly died, her crazy mother walks in the storm to a diner again just because I guess they didn't have enough stuff going on. Ugh it was awful. 

I think I hit the green "like" button 5 times throughout the entire hour. I wore that red "dislike" button out then was writing out paragraphs on the post show survey detailing why it was trash.

Got paid $35 to do it. 

It was fun. 

Pretty cool. Where do you go to do that?

Well, Fall Entertainment might be on hold.  Writers voted to authorize a strke.

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/hollywood-writers-vote-to-authorize-strike-as-deadline-looms-2017-04-24

So, if they can't reach an agreement by the deadline; they will strike.  Last strike was pretty long; so there would probably be no scripted TV for a while. You wouldn't really see the impact on movies until later in the year or next year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, Fall Entertainment might be on hold.  Writers voted to authorize a strke.

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/hollywood-writers-vote-to-authorize-strike-as-deadline-looms-2017-04-24

So, if they can't reach an agreement by the deadline; they will strike.  Last strike was pretty long; so there would probably be no scripted TV for a while. You wouldn't really see the impact on movies until later in the year or next year.

Ugh, not good.

The last strike ruined LOST :( 

23 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Ugh, not good.

The last strike ruined LOST :( 

**** them.  What I want to know is how can there not be writers out there that are not part of that union (Writers Guild of America)?  There surely has to be talented enough independent writers that can fill in on shows.  Sure, maybe it won't be on the same level, but honestly who cares?  Most of the time they just pump out mediocre shows anyhow that get cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons.......hell, they already cancel really great shows after 1 or 2 seasons.  

And I don't see how this can impact super hero shows either, I mean, there are tons of comic books out there that basically could serve as scripts and they are authorized to use the characters (thinking of DC - Flash, Arrow, LoT, Supergirl on CW) and villains.  Surely someone not affiliated with the strike that is a writer could come up with something.

Edit:  I have plenty of TV shows to watch and to catch up on.  Need to watch the Leftovers (only watched season one), NCIS Los Angeles (3 seasons left to watch),  Game of Thrones (all seasons), Penny Dreadful (all seasons), Americans (last 2 seasons), Blacklist (all seasons), Bull (this first season), criminal minds (all), criminal minds beyond boarders (all), CSI NY (last 4-5 seasons), Fargo (last 2 seasons), Star Trek Original series, ST - Next Generation, ST - Voyger, ST-Deep Space Nine, etc. etc. etc.

That doesn't include shows that have replay value for me to watch again like Stargate (10 seasons), Stargate Atlantis (5 seasons), Rescue Me, NCIS, 24, Lost, etc. etc. etc. 

So **** them if they strike, I got enough TV and movies to go on for years!

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1