Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Mike Sainristil CB Michigan

PCS

Welcome to the Commanders sir.  Have fun and good luck. 

NFL.com Player Profile

MIKE SAINRISTIL

MICHIGAN

CB

HEIGHT

5’ 9’’

WEIGHT

182 lbs

ARM

30 7/8’’

HAND

8 1/2’’

Prospect Grade

Will Eventually Be Average Starter

Production Score

2024 Combine CB Rank: 21st

Athleticism Score *est

2024 Combine CB Rank: 15th

Total Score

Overview

Reliable and tough with the athleticism and upside to keep getting better as a nickel corner. Sainristil is a former receiver who plays with surprising field awareness and attention to detail as a zone defender. He has the twitch and footwork to stay connected with routes in man coverage but needs more experience at the position to operate with better recognition and feel for the routes. He showed off top-notch ball skills with six interceptions (two for scores) in 2023 and has no problem stepping up and doing his part as a run defender. Sainristil isn't there yet but should keep improving and has a chance to become a starting nickel in time.

Strengths

Explosive athletic traits with above-average football demeanor.

Quick to digest and respond to play design from zone.

Twitchy takeoff from flat-foot coverage in off-man. 

Former wideout who can turn back the clock and take it away.

Comes off the slot with well-timed blitzes.

Will lose some due to size but is a plus in run support.

2024 Combine CB Rank: 13th

Combine Results: 

40-Yard Dash  4.47 Seconds

10-Yard Split 1.51 Seconds

Vertical Jump 40’’

Broad Jump 10’ 11’’

3-Cone Drill 6.99Seconds

20-Yd Shuttle 4.01Seconds

Bench Press 14 Reps

Click Link for more

Edited by PCS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

This would seem to suggest that the new administration isn't too high on Forbes or Martin.  Probably not a pick I would have made even if you aren't high on those guys.

Any chance he plays on offense at all?

Edited by PeterMP

7 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

This would seem to suggest that the new administration isn't too high on Forbes or Martin.  Probably not a pick I would have made even if you aren't high on those guys.

Who knows? Maybe they see Quan as more of a FS?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Who knows? Maybe they see Quan as more of a FS?

Maybe.  But it certainly seems to lock him out of a route to get playing time.  I'm also reading the pick somewhat in terms of needs and as such an indication that the secondary is a weakness vs. offense in general or edge rusher where for a 2nd round pick I would have prioritized one of those.

Edited by PeterMP

38 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Quan is one of the few players from the last regime they love. Not sure where the fit is with Mike, Quan and Chinn

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Maybe.  But it certainly seems to lock him out of a route to get playing time.  I'm also reading the pick somewhat in terms of needs and as such an indication that the secondary is a weakness vs. offense in general or edge rusher where for a 2nd round pick I would have prioritized one of those.

Yeah, I thought there were more coaching issues than anything with the secondary.

5 hours ago, PeterMP said:

They've already, repeatedly said they love Quan. He's going to be our deep FS and be able to rotate forward. He's about to shine like crazy for us. Quan is an advanced chess piece.

Just because our FO keys in on Branch, missed and panic and over drafted Quan doesn't make him bad. 

I think he can be the third best overhang defender after Payne and Allen. 

He's easily the best player in our secondary.

4 hours ago, method man said:

Quan is one of the few players from the last regime they love. Not sure where the fit is with Mike, Quan and Chinn

Quan plays high, Santrill (whatever I'll learn) is pure slot, Chinn is Collins 100% . Total in line attacker, close to the LoS. He's not a coverage guy.

It almost looks like they want to go a lot of 335 defense really. 

Which I love. Super aggressive and attacking.

• Thanks 2

Love the player. Interesting to see how he’ll be utilized. He has to play in the slot. At 5-8 he’s going to get roasted on the outside, though I’m sure he could do it once in awhile.

Great talent. But as with a lot of our picks size is the concern.

I’m really optimistic here, though.

But this leaves Forbes and Juice as our corners…

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Love the player. Interesting to see how he’ll be utilized. He has to play in the slot. At 5-8 he’s going to get roasted on the outside, though I’m sure he could do it once in awhile.

Great talent. But as with a lot of our picks size is the concern.

I’m really optimistic here, though.

But this leaves Forbes and Juice as our corners…

I think Michael Davis starts

It just feels great to finally get a player in the mid rounds that I wanted from the beginning. In years past we always end up drafting guys I've never heard of and they inevitably end up busting. Sainristill will be a stud. By 2025 best nickel/slot CB in the league.

Quinn is gonna have fun moving him, Chinn, and Martin around. I don't know how good our D will be but it'll be fun to watch schematically.

• Like 1