Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

What's he saying?

No one he talked to liked Maye, said he's raw, misses too many layups, doesn't go through progressions, basically said he's a mess. I am running on fumes but that's what I gathered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CommandB11 said:

Adam just compared JD to Justin Fields..... WOW!!!!!!!! Using such an awful bust as comparison is immensly disheartning and really makes me question his ability to scout QBs.

He compared is speed. That's a good thing

• Like 4

Just now, DogofWar1 said:

Yeah Fields owns the #2 all time rush yards spot for QBs.  If you pair that with a 4,000 passing season, boy howdy that's a dangerous boy.

Yeah I think he's a better all around QB than Fields.....like everyone else under the sun my main concern is keeping him healthy 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Redwolves92 said:

Amazing how years later we draft another qb at 2 who is as electric as rg3, wore the same suit and kinda looks like him too lol. Our redemption story.

IMG_3536.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Daniels is just as fast as Fields while being a much better passer. His arm isn't as strong but he processes waaaaaay faster and has a waaaaaay quicker/more fluid release. 

The issue is the size. Fields is a big boy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Donovan is why Jayden wears #5.

Was he even old enough to remember when Donovan was good with the Eagles? He was already fading fast by the time we traded for him.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Daniels is just as fast as Fields while being a much better passer. His arm isn't as strong but he processes waaaaaay faster and has a waaaaaay quicker/more fluid release. 

Fields couldn't throw on the run in college. It was an inaccurate mess. Daniels rarely does it but it looks good when he does.

So that's another difference.

5 hours ago, Going Commando said:

He's going to need a lot more than that.  He also needs a great OL to make plays from the pocket.  Tyler Biadasz and a back up guard aren't going to get it done.

I don't understand how we can have gone through another whole regime and Terry McLaurin is still our only serious weapon on offense.  And our line got way worse.  We should have lucked into more than just Sam Cosmi in five years of trying to build the offense.

Cause the last regime was real bad at drafting and free agency, although the latter was influenced by Dan Snyder pinching pennies during the sale.

I wonder if we trade for a WR on Day 2. Several of them are disgruntled.

6 hours ago, Going Commando said:

He's going to need a lot more than that.  He also needs a great OL to make plays from the pocket.  Tyler Biadasz and a back up guard aren't going to get it done.

I don't understand how we can have gone through another whole regime and Terry McLaurin is still our only serious weapon on offense.  And our line got way worse.  We should have lucked into more than just Sam Cosmi in five years of trying to build the offense.

Don't worry there are some great 3 year projects in rounds 4 through 7. We do this most every year.......sad.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

No one he talked to liked Maye, said he's raw, misses too many layups, doesn't go through progressions, basically said he's a mess. I am running on fumes but that's what I gathered.

I don't think he talked to many then. Sounds like he's just regurgitating hot takes.

You can watch games of Maye and not see a missed layup in them. It happens, but the issue is overblown.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

Yeah I think he's a better all around QB than Fields.....like everyone else under the sun my main concern is keeping him healthy 

I think its legitimately everyone's main concern. We gonna have to keep dude up and he is going to have to help. He is going to have to get the ball out really fast to stay healthy. Fortunately, he seems to be capable if he knows what he is doing. Lets get that ****ing VR set going. Today! 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I don't think he talked to many then. Sounds like he's just regurgitating hot takes.

You can watch games of Maye and not see a missed layup in them. It happens, but the issue is overblown.

Belichick savaged Maye, too, by the way. He's very specific, and it makes me feel a lot better about GMAP's decision. I think we got this one right.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=40026232

Edited by profusion
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CommandB11 said:

Adam just compared JD to Justin Fields..... WOW!!!!!!!! Using such an awful bust as comparison is immensly disheartning and really makes me question his ability to scout QBs.

Have you not watched Daniels play football? He's a fairly polished pocket passer for a college QB and iirc he was in a pro system at ASU. 

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Oh, you're in the loop.

Heath Shuler.

Donovan McNabb. 

In fairness, Tres Way might have gotten rid of the bad juju.  

I don’t want Tres to change his number for a QB.  Punters are people too.  And Tres has possibly been the best player on the team since he’s been here.

• Like 1

Love how GMAP focused on his abilities as a passer first, and then added "oh yeah and he can steal your soul as a runner too"

Its JDs passing that makes him the prospect he is. The mechanics, the quick processing, the decision making and doing it against the best possible competition and athletes. Nice to see all those things played as factor for our new GM.

Kliff and JD might seriously start living at the facility.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sort of cool to hear him talk abut being a football junkie who loves to watch it.  Juxtaposed to Haskins (RIP) where I recall a beat guy asking him during camp about watching it and he said something to the effect that he's not a dude who loves watching football, he watched other things when he's home -- something like that.  I recall posting about it at the time.

You can feel the competitive vibe in Daniels in most of his interviews.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

This.

Great quarterbacking, at the NFL level, is fundamentally dependent on the ability to quickly process complex moving objects, inside the pocket, while under intense pressure.

Everything else, including running ability, is an added bonus.

That is what seperates Fields, from Daniels.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

The best players on the team during Ron's regime -- Sweat, Terry, Allen, Payne, Scheriff (until he left) where drafted from the prior regime.

I gave Ron the benefit of the doubt early on because I give everyone some rope initially.  But wild how awful he was at roster construction.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 3

9 hours ago, CommandB11 said:

Hmmm. Yet for some reason I would rather have Brady or Manning. They couldnt run at all. The qb has to throw the ball. I do not care about running around. Running around increases hits. Not a good option for a stick figure.

Again, why have you decided he's not a good pocket passer? Of himself, Maybe and Williams, Daniels might actually be the most polished pocket passer. 

1 hour ago, -9- said:

IMG_3536.jpeg

It's funny, he turns the notion of Eternal Return/recurrence on its head. Where Nietzsche framed it as a means to encourage amor fati, Rust just thought it meant something resembling hell or purgatory.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2