Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Jayden Daniels QB LSU

PCS

His frame while being a running QB is a little alarming but; if he hits; he has huge potential. As for his running style; he is shiftier than given credit for and runs more with compact steps than the long strider that was RG3. He seems more light on his feet. 

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

Love that Peters presser.  You can tell they put in their due diligence and absolutely love Jayden.  A lot of the concerns we have in here he seems to not have in the slightest.  That puts my mind at ease.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

The Wise Man Prediction: Bust, Broken, or Traded By Year 4. Sorry friends.

A prediction like this is hardly a revelation, since more often than not one of those possibilities is the outcome no matter who is picked.  The odds of one of those three things occurring for ANY QB drafted tonight are nearly the same.  The fact of the matter is most all will wash out.  Most do not pan out.  The odds of any of them becoming a franchise QB’s who wins multiple playoff games and a few Championships are slim to none.  Too many variables come into play.  

The optimistic view is to hope for the best and enjoy the ride.  The QB is the most important position on the field.  If Jayden doesn’t pan out they will just draft another eventually.  Nearly all are misses.  I’m convinced most of the time hitting on one is blind luck.  

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Adam just compared JD to Justin Fields..... WOW!!!!!!!! Using such an awful bust as comparison is immensly disheartning and really makes me question his ability to scout QBs.

Time for you to get some sleep, it's late. You'll feel better in the morning when you realize this guy who people were begging to get hired might just know what he's doing. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Time for you to get some sleep, it's late. You'll feel better in the morning when you realize this guy who people were begging to get hired might just know what he's doing. 

I thought he did. Not so sure now..... just might be a reason he turned down interviews last year....

And how can I feel good about such an obvious bust at #2?

Edited by CommandB11
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 5

1 minute ago, CommandB11 said:

I thought he did. Not so sure now..... just might be a reason he turned down interviews last year....

And how can I feel good about such an obvious bust at #2?

Good lord, goodnight. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

He compared him to Fields as a runner... Fields is arguably the best running QB in the NFL.

Hmmm. Yet for some reason I would rather have Brady or Manning. They couldnt run at all. The qb has to throw the ball. I do not care about running around. Running around increases hits. Not a good option for a stick figure.

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Hmmm. Yet for some reason I would rather have Brady or Manning. They couldnt run at all. The qb has to throw the ball. I do not care about running around. Running around increases hits. Not a good option for a stick figure.

If you were paying attention you'd be aware that he's an elite passer also, the legs are an extra tool. And obviously the minds that matter are confident the "stick figure" can get it done. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Has anyone ever told you that you're a buzz kill?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

40 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Adam just compared JD to Justin Fields..... WOW!!!!!!!! Using such an awful bust as comparison is immensly disheartning and really makes me question his ability to scout QBs.

From what I recall he mentioned Lamar and Justin as the only guys that have the same type of speed in open field .  Not sure how you translate that to mean a comparison at quarterback overall 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, CommandB11 said:

Well, considering the state of our OL so far, and were it's starting from, I would believe they went with the guy that has the most tools to survive behind this line, which is not a bad option.

Because our OL had a tendency of increasing hits last year, so is elusiveness and running ability will be helpful.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Great college QB. If he stays healthy he can IMO be an elite NFL QB.

Insane runner. Elusive and not a straight line runner

Good vision.  Good decision maker.

Accurate.  Quick release.

Hard worker.

Should be a ton of fun 

Welcome aboard JD5, wishing you much success!

Is it me, or does DQ look not too thrilled in that pic? Just hoping he was 100% on board with Daniels selection.

• Thumb up 1

He's going to need a lot more than that.  He also needs a great OL to make plays from the pocket.  Tyler Biadasz and a back up guard aren't going to get it done.

I don't understand how we can have gone through another whole regime and Terry McLaurin is still our only serious weapon on offense.  And our line got way worse.  We should have lucked into more than just Sam Cosmi in five years of trying to build the offense.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He's going to need a lot more than that.  He also needs a great OL to make plays from the pocket.  Tyler Biadasz and a back up guard aren't going to get it done.

I don't understand how we can have gone through another whole regime and Terry McLaurin is still our only serious weapon on offense.  And our line got way worse.  We should have lucked into more than just Sam Cosmi in five years of trying to build the offense.

Probably the 5 best offensive players drafted by us in the last 5 years:  Terry, Cosmi, Gibson, Robinson… and then John Bates.  I mean, WTH.

I’d give honorable mention to Dotson and Howell, but then who?  Saadiq Charles?  Dax Milne?  Yikes.

• Like 3