Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Igbinoghene, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas

CapsSkins

Charles Leno Jr. cut. Logan Thomas cut.

Will we sign a veteran QB to back-up a rookie or start for a year or two?

Wide receiver, TE, EDGE, MLB... let the fun begin! 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

17 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What’s our cap after today’s moves?

Latest BR article I saw was $90 currently after recent moves...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10111340-logan-thomas-released-by-commanders-ahead-of-2024-nfl-free-agency

The Stroud situation is making me want to get greedy...if he works, he'll have weapons early, and having Evans could make some good a strength really fast.

Houston added an extra 1000 yards of offense to their team in one season, went from 4800 yds of total offense to 5800 yds...3 wins to 10, just like that.

I see our needs as QB, OT, OG, TE, a bigger X type WR, 3rd down back and maybe C. On defense Edge, CB, FS, LB.

Thats a lot of needs! 

QB is coming via the draft and it’s a strong draft for OT and WR. I think we spend some big free agent dollars at OT, OG, Edge and CB. Then look at TE, LB, safety in the second wave when prices come down a bit. You can pick up a back in the middle rounds of the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

I see our needs as QB, OT, OG, TE, 3rd down back and maybe C. On defense Edge, CB, FS, LB.

Thats a lot of needs! 

QB is coming via the draft and it’s a strong draft for OT and WR. I think we spend some big free agent dollars at OT, OG, Edge and CB. Then look at TE, LB, safety in the second wave when prices come down a bit. You can pick up a back in the middle rounds of the draft.

I think we target one or two big named free agents, then rest of free agency will be in the bargain bin.  We aren’t using all of our cap space. 

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Since we cut Leno, I wonder if Jonah Williams is now in play for us. Cincy moved him to RT last year when they signed Orlando Brown Jr.  I remember hearing that he wants to move back to LT. Williams is only 26. 

Edited by dswerdlw

6 hours ago, dswerdlw said:

Since we cut Leno, I wonder if Jonah Williams is now in play for us. Cincy moved him to RT last year when they signed Orlando Brown Jr.  I remember hearing that he wants to move back to LT. Williams is only 26. 

"In 2021, PFF credited Williams with eight sacks allowed, good for a four-way tie for the sixth-most sacks allowed amongst tackles. Of the nine tackles with eight or more sacks allowed in 2021, only two of them were projected starters in 2023. In 2022, he and Dennis Daley led all tackles in sacks allowed with 12. Daley was signed by the Cardinals as a depth piece for 2023.

Despite flashing potential at his new right tackle position in the first half of 2023, Williams regressed to the mean and again allowed eight sacks this past year. His pass blocking efficiency improved from 95.8% and 95.9% to 96.4%, but no teams are chasing mediocre run blockers that can’t scratch a 97% PBE over a three-year stretch. His early career is reminiscent of D.J. Fluker, a fellow first round tackle that provided just enough tape over his entry deal for teams to understand his ceiling, and limit him to short-term deals at replacement-level valuations." Link

He's good at pass blocking and rumored to look for a big contract in free agency which doesn't fit with Peters who doesn't want to go on a spending spree.

Jermaine Eluemunor ?

• Thanks 1

Any decent LTs available around the league as cut or trade candidates? Otherwise buckle up, we’re drafting one aren’t we.

Wonder if Curtis Samuel is under consideration for a return too. Got a feeling we might try to re-sign before FA now.

• Like 1

I am all for blowing it up, I expect this roster to look totally different next year. But I have to say I'm a bit concerned about the Leno move. LT was not the real problem, he was solid if unspectacular and certainly good enough to bring back and hold down the position or offer good depth for one more year IMO.  Now they have a giant hole at a critical position on top of all their other needs.  I hope they know what they are doing.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

Trusting the new front office.  The Gates cut is hilarious.  We saved jack **** salary cap wise cutting him  The brass must have finished their internal evaluations, saw Gates’ film, and been Awww Hell No ! 😊

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Trusting the new front office.  The Gates cut is hilarious.  We saved jack **** salary cap wise cutting him  The brass must have finished their internal evaluations, saw Gates’ film, and been Awww Hell No ! 😊

We did save our future QB's life expectancy! :806:

I hope Leno's hip surgery isn't real serious. That's could have a tough recovery for an aging vet.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MartinC said:

I see our needs as QB, OT, OG, TE, a bigger X type WR, 3rd down back and maybe C. On defense Edge, CB, FS, LB.

Thats a lot of needs! 

You missed 1 we will need a running back as well, a real speedster, a shifty guy. Luckily we did hit on BRob, we wasted his talents last year. He has the goods to be a 1000 yard rusher every year, and last year he looked like he improved catching passes from the backfield.

Still going to need someone because Gibson is likely gone, though I’d like to resign him if can be done on the cheap, I really think with his pass catching ability, and moves in the open field, he could excel with a good OC that makes plays to get him the ball in space.