Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Igbinoghene, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas

CapsSkins

10 hours ago, MartinC said:

I see our needs as QB, OT, OG, TE, a bigger X type WR, 3rd down back and maybe C. On defense Edge, CB, FS, LB.

Thats a lot of needs! 

QB is coming via the draft and it’s a strong draft for OT and WR. I think we spend some big free agent dollars at OT, OG, Edge and CB. Then look at TE, LB, safety in the second wave when prices come down a bit. You can pick up a back in the middle rounds of the draft.

It’s even worse as we need a “x2” next to OT and Edge (as you well know).  The change is exciting, particularly given our resources, but as you say… that is a lot of needs.

48 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

You missed 1 we will need a running back as well, a real speedster, a shifty guy. Luckily we did hit on BRob, we wasted his talents last year. He has the goods to be a 1000 yard rusher every year, and last year he looked like he improved catching passes from the backfield.

Still going to need someone because Gibson is likely gone, though I’d like to resign him if can be done on the cheap, I really think with his pass catching ability, and moves in the open field, he could excel with a good OC that makes plays to get him the ball in space.

I mean, he devoted more words to that position than any other, but otherwise I agree with your post… 😁

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

Look. Leno was a solid stop gap. 

But this FO isn’t messing around. 

Roster reset is underway. 

Bring in your guys. The end. 

My guess is we draft 2 OTs. One in R2 and one in R3/4. One to start one to be a swing/backup. 

Expect we’ll sign a FA OT to man RT. Onwenu would be my choice there. Kick Wylie to LG. Draft LT at 36. Draft another IOL/C in R3-R5. Draft another OT in R4-R5. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

If you are Peters who else on this roster is expendable based on their performance last season?  I would like to retain Curl if he doesn't get a ridiculous offer from another team.

Would you cut any of our special team guys or keep them?

Edited by veteranskinsfan
changed one word

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

If you are Peters who else on this roster is expendable based on their performance last season?  I would like to retain Curl if he doesn't cut a ridiculous offer from another team.

The only guys left being Wylie and maybe Jon Allen if there’s a trade market. I assume they’d have cut Wylie if they were going to do it. His versatility and ability to kick to LG probably keeps him around for another year. 

• Like 1

The thing about Leno is he provided a baseline of production, was available and his contract wasn’t that bad.  A little worried we might have to have to pay even more for similar production, and for a longer term contract… and now we need two or 3 OTs.  But I’m putting my faith in our staff.  Tyron Smith looks like more of a possibility for us now, IMO.

The Dallas fan on here that talked about Biadacz gave me some pause on him, but I could still see us adding him or Connor Williams.  I wouldn’t be opposed to them penciling in Stromberg though with a rookie center to compete.

14 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

If you are Peters who else on this roster is expendable based on their performance last season?  I would like to retain Curl if he doesn't get a ridiculous offer from another team.

I think they may re-sign Reaves… but then again, they’re apparently revamping this roster, so they might feel like they can find quality STers.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

If Daniels is our pick at QB, it alleviates the need somewhat for immediate OL help since his mobility will change the way we design our offense.

Better have a plan to protect his blindside though!

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think they may re-sign Reaves… but then again, they’re apparently revamping this roster, so they might feel like they can find quality STers.

It’s not just that he is an elite special teamer but, by all accounts, he is a special person and leader. You keep him around

20 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

My guess is we draft 2 OTs. One in R2 and one in R3/4. One to start one to be a swing/backup. 

Expect we’ll sign a FA OT to man RT. Onwenu would be my choice there. Kick Wylie to LG. Draft LT at 36. Draft another IOL/C in R3-R5. Draft another OT in R4-R5. 

Even in a deep tackle draft like this, it is hard to count on a guy taken in the second round being your Day 1 starter. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Wonder how the staff feels about Stromberg and Braeden Daniels. Old regimes draft picks but who knows how Peters felt about them last year. Could be good depth. Or could be looked at as starters. I wouldn’t write them off. 

Cant imagine either being looked at as starters. They were projects from the previous regime. Theyll be given a chance to compete for a roster spot, thats it.

I'm not sure Stromberg was a project.  Some draftniks said Stromberg would be a guy who competed to be an opening day starter, this was pre-draft so not just for us.  Daniels definitely is though

• Like 2

Just now, MrJL said:

I'm not sure Stromberg was a project.  Some draftniks said Stromberg would be a guy who competed to be an opening day starter, this was pre-draft so not just for us.  Daniels definitely is though

Yep. Strom can play. He just needed to get stronger. It was telling that he was the first interior lineman off the bench before he got hurt.

Still not sure I count on him to be a Day 1 starter

22 minutes ago, method man said:

It’s not just that he is an elite special teamer but, by all accounts, he is a special person and leader. You keep him around

True enough.  Wonder how hard that is to gauge though for a new staff.  I could see Izzo getting Tress’ opinion on ST personnel - the intangible stuff, not production - and if he did, I imagine Tress would rave about Reaves.  Of course, just the fact that Quinn called him “Reavo” makes me think he’s very much on Quinn’s radar. 

Along that same vein, I wonder about Curl.  Setting aside production, versatility, etc, IIRC, Curl was stepping into more of a leadership role last year, taking on some of the ‘field general’ aspects.  Yet the communication/cohesion seemed to falter from ‘22.  Now I place a ton of that blame on coaching - downgrading from coach Harris and Del Rio trying too hard to be clever - and talent/pass rush issues, but I have to wonder if the staff might prefer a bonafide leader on the back end.  

Edit:  regarding Stromberg, I think he should have solid competition (whether at C, LG, or both), but I’d kind of be bummed to see him walled from an opportunity to earn a starting gig… like if we bring in good vets (particularly on longer contracts) at both spots.  At least our starting interior and depth would look a lot better though!

Edited by skinny21

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If Daniels is our pick at QB, it alleviates the need somewhat for immediate OL help since his mobility will change the way we design our offense.

I challenge this position by stating if Daniels is our pick and he gets hit he’s going to end up in the emergency room needing a full body transplant.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

This team was really bad last year, even our DT’s who are supposed to be our strong suit play fell off a quite a bit, though losing Chase and Montez had quite a bit to do with that. Even still, neither are all-pro caliber game wreckers the way the very top notch ones are.

If I were Peter’s, everyone would be expendable, rather it be for trade capital, draft capital, or the possibility of maybe packaging a player with picks to move up in the draft. I wouldn’t resign curl, he is good, but he is not a player that will make big, game changing plays, and he is about to be paid pretty handsomely.

Paynes contract is kind of hard to get rid of so he is pretty much a roster lock.

I wouldn’t mind off loading terry or Jon Allen to the bears in a trade up for Caleb if it means we can save more draft picks.

As long as it’s not a big dead cap hit spread over multiple years, I’d try to offload as many players as I can for draft capital, this roster will be completely turned around in a bout for years, and likely we’d have at most 10-15 guys still on the roster 4 years from now, that are here now, probably less than that. A major roster tear down and rebuild is on its way the next few years so might as well hit the ground running.

Get as young as the packers by building through the draft, and save your cap space to sign a couple of the truly elite players that hit free agency every year.

I love Brob, but I’d be all for signing Barkley if the Giants don’t resign him, he is a true blue chipper, top 3 at his position in the league, and he’d be the only one that is rated that high positional on our team.

We need true top end, all pro talent on this team, we haven’t had any in years.

I don’t want us to spend on middle of the pack free agents, I’d rather over spend on premier talent like Barkley, and Allen, the pass rusher from Jacksonville. As long as we don’t make any completely boneheaded contract deals like fat albert.

3 minutes ago, method man said:

Yep. Strom can play. He just needed to get stronger. It was telling that he was the first interior lineman off the bench before he got hurt.

Still not sure I count on him to be a Day 1 starter

Keim said on his last podcast some of the last staff only viewed Stromboli as a backup and then he got hurt.

My immediate question would be why in the name of holy ****-all did you draft a backup center in the third round if that’s the case.  

But it will be interesting to see what the new staff thinks of Stromboli.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I wouldn’t mind off loading terry or Jon Allen to the bears in a trade up for Caleb if it means we can save more draft picks.

Let me make this very simple: the bears are not trading the #1 pick, they’re going to trade fields and pick Williams.  

We are going to stand pay and pick Maye or Daniels.  

We need to sign essentially 12-17 new starters because of the number of players who are free agents or suck.  Trading Terry or Allen means yeah, you get an asset, but then you need to find another starter, and a good one.  

You can pencil the following players in as starters next year:

Cosmi

Robinson

Terry

Dotson?

Allen

Payne

Jamin Davis

Quan Martin

Forrest

I always say there are 24 starters because of sub packages, so you have nickel corners, 3rd WRs, etc.  not including special teams.  I listed 9 players.

Thats 15 starters they have to find.  To say nothing of backups.

I think you just sit pay with Allen and Terry because why add players you need to replace? 

PS:  this is one of the reasons I don’t think we’re taking a RB in this drafts. They can get by with Robinson, Rodriguez, and some guy from somewhere.  They need so many positions, I think drafting a RB is a luxury.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

He'd be perfect for the Packers. They need a veteran leader at WR.

Or the Chiefs.

Then he could play with both current GOAT and future GOAT.  

• Like 5

I don't see the reasoning behind trading Terry. Rookie QBs need reliable WRs to throw to and there's no real strong pipeline behind him(Dotson needs to prove it to me, year 3 is typically the break out year). No team is gonna give up that much for him, he's not a Davante Adams or Tyreek Hill type dominant game changer but he's a damn good WR and worth keeping.

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So many other needs, though.

*sigh* ... I guess Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Thumb up 1