Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Free agency just seems a no brainer. This rosters simply needs an infusion of talent across the board. Go out and get some. Not only do we have a **** load of cap space, we have credible a credible front office and coaching staff. 

Next week is going to be wild. When does legal tampering officially start, Monday ? 

11 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Free agency just seems a no brainer. This rosters simply needs an infusion of talent across the board. Go out and get some. Not only do we have a **** load of cap space, we have credible a credible front office and coaching staff. 

Next week is going to be wild. When does legal tampering officially start, Monday ? 

4pm on Monday the 11th is tamper time.

Official FA begins 4pm Wednesday the 13th

corrected, thanks @Est.1974

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

And what a year for it...Quinn loves using him a bunch of safeties!

Curl too

My list was so long you didn’t notice Curl on it… thus furthering my point 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWinzit said:

I fully expect at least 3 mid range signings early

I fully expect 3 mid range signings just from the batch of Dallas free agents crop early. 

Plus a couple of significant others from elsewhere. I expect us to be very active on core acquisitions.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My wife is a Giants fan

Mine is too. It is the bane of my existence 

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

I like the idea of a vet C with a rookie QB

Me too. Biadasz is my target there. Weaken Dallas and strengthen us. Plus the Quinn connection..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/39637538/2024-nfl-combine-latest-buzz-news-rumors-free-agency-draft-trades

Sleeper free agents getting buzz?

Fowler: OK, time for some sleepers -- free agents who aren't household names but should do pretty well this month.

• Jacoby Brissett: He's considered a top backup QB or 1A option after spending 2023 in Washington.

• Mike Danna: As a versatile lineman who can play inside or out, he had 6.5 sacks for Kansas City last season.

• Darnell Mooney: The Chicago wideout is much better than his 2023 stat line of 31 catches for 414 yards and 5 TDs suggests. The Chiefs or Titans could be players here.

• Colby Parkinson: Sure, he played behind Noah Fant in Seattle, but he has field-stretching ability. The free agent and draft tight end classes aren't deep, so keep an eye on Parkinson.

• Graham Glasgow: Guard-needy teams that don't want to spend top dollar will still allot quality money to the next tier. Glasgow started 15 games for Detroit and held his own, and he can play all three OL spots. (The Chiefs' Nick Allegretti and the Seahawks' Damien Lewis are two more guards to watch.)

• Lloyd Cushenberry: One of the best centers available after playing solid in Denver, he could hit the $10 million-per-year mark.

• Dorance Armstrong: This key Dallas defensive lineman has plenty of interest. He most likely won't be back with the Cowboys; new Commanders coach Dan Quinn could try to snag him in Washington.

• Blake Cashman/Azeez Al-Shaair: These two do-it-all linebackers for Houston and Tennessee, respectively, have caught teams' attention.

• Darnell Savage: Enough teams will like his first-round traits to give him a chance on a nice deal after he spent the past five seasons in Green Bay.

• ....Michael Thomas' contract with the Saints is set to void, making him a free agent. A few scouts pointed out Baltimore as a good fit. The Ravens likely won't re-sign Odell Beckham Jr., and they value established veterans at the receiver position. But a reunion with former New Orleans coach Sean Payton in Denver also makes sense. "When he's out there and healthy, he affects the game," an NFC scout said.

• The Rams and 49ers are among intriguing options for quarterback Zach Wilson, who has permission to seek a trade from the Jets. Wilson is looking for a skilled offensive head coach and a place to revive his career. Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan both need backup QB help at the moment.

• Dalton Schultz didn't get his big payday last year due to a deep tight end class, but it should come this time after a good season with the Texans. Enough teams expect him to clear $10 million per year. New England is one to watch here potentially, as is a return to Houston. The Seahawks' Noah Fant will also do well.

• A C.J. Gardner-Johnson reunion in Philadelphia is on my radar. The Eagles realized they missed the talented safety in the secondary. Tennessee makes sense for him, too. Titans defensive coordinator Dennard Wilson is a big fan of Gardner-Johnson from their Philly days.

• Dallas could be in the market for a linebacker after last season's struggles at the position. Jordyn Brooks, a Dallas-area native and one of the top free agent linebackers, would be a good fit.

Cushenberry is my top C target. but I don't know that I consider him a "sleeper". Parkinson has been on my list for a while. Danna is also interesting, but seems more like a 3-4 OLB.

As for guys I look at as real interesting sleepers (some longershots than others)

T Yosh Nijman (at 28.5, I'd probably pass on him for us)

WR Darnell Mooney

DT Javon Kinlaw (would only make sense for us if we dealt Allen)

CN Kristian Fulton

TE Charlie Woerner

As I've mentioned before, I also like Matt Hennessy as a multi position backup on the OL who can star if needed. A bit of a Wes Schweitzer type. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 3:16 PM, Warhead36 said:

Looks like OT is on the board for FA, although it likely was always going to be.

Perhaps we sign one, draft another, and kick Wylie to LG.

Or kick him out 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Would love to have Snead. Hope we give him a look.

Me to. He is a top 6 or 7 player in the league at his position, and he’s young. We need elite players like him, sign him and front load his contract a bit, and in a couple years, we will have a top flight player playing for relatively cheap compared to the contracts of his peers that are at or around the same level of play. 

Much rather pay a lock down corner than a safety that doesn’t create turnovers. Or an aging corner. He’s the kind of guy that you spend on. 

We could probably sign him for cheaper than we could resign Curl and Fuller combined. And I’d much prefer to have Sneed and rookie safety than to run it back with curl and fuller, our secondary was trash and at least with sneed, you know we can shut down at least 1 receiver.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Me too. Biadasz is my target there. Weaken Dallas and strengthen us. Plus the Quinn connection..

I like Cushenberry because to me he is a better C.

Biadasz does have tons of experience a C through college and with the Cowboys. He'd be okay.

Feeling relieved we cutting our dingleberry free, Gates

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Why would burns sign the franchise tag? He wants a ltd. If he doesn't sign it what happens?

It depends on what tag they apply to him as to the strangle hold they have on a player and his options for trade/compensation. He could hold out in any case but won't get paid.  

3 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Me to. He is a top 6 or 7 player in the league at his position, and he’s young. We need elite players like him, sign him and front load his contract a bit, and in a couple years, we will have a top flight player playing for relatively cheap compared to the contracts of his peers that are at or around the same level of play. 

Much rather pay a lock down corner than a safety that doesn’t create turnovers. Or an aging corner. He’s the kind of guy that you spend on. 

We could probably sign him for cheaper than we could resign Curl and Fuller combined. And I’d much prefer to have Sneed and rookie safety than to run it back with curl and fuller, our secondary was trash and at least with sneed, you know we can shut down at least 1 receiver.

I think from what I read is that KC intends to tag and trade him so he won't be cheap and will cost us resources. He is worth it though.

9 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Why would burns sign the franchise tag? He wants a ltd. If he doesn't sign it what happens?

He doesnt get paid and it freezes in July. He can sit out the first 9 weeks without pay if he wants. But why would he do that? If he sits out longer than that the season is not considered an earned season and he can go through it all over again next offseason. Leveon Bell sat out an entire season and lost almost 15 million because of it. It is a no win situation for the player. Just sign it, play and head to FA the next offseason. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

I’m on board with not paying RB’s a second contract as a general salary cap philosophy.

But there comes a point where a smart team will take advantage of inefficiencies in the market. Are we at that point with an injury prone but elite pass catching RB like Barkley? I don’t know, but I’m not 1000% against it. YAC guys who can break big plays and put fear into a defense can only help a rookie QB. And we wouldn’t run someone like him into the ground on low value touches when we have the very solid Brian Robinson to split with. 

I’m not advocating for it but I do think there’s a point where the market could make it an attractive inefficiency to exploit to help out a rookie QB. But then, I also don’t think Barkley has big money waiting for him out in FA. 

Yeah, there is definitely a curve that needs to be considered.  Barkley at 3yr/6mill....of course you do it.  3/12....yup, 3/24, probably, 3/30, maybe...   

Ultimately for where this team is from a competitive position , I expect someone else to offer more,  whether $$ or chance to win (or both).  However, the "never sign a RB to a 2nd contract" can't be the only answer.  Eventually there's value out there.

Not a shocker

The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reports Chiefs will use franchise tag on CB L’Jarius Sneed.
The report is of particular intrigue considering the current contract status of DT Chris Jones, whom the team will likely now need to sign to a hefty extension if they want to retain him this offseason. Russini adds that the two sides will continue to work towards a new deal as the league year approaches. The cornerback franchise tag valuation for the 2024 season is $19.802 million.