Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Igbinoghene, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas

CapsSkins

27 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

He'd be perfect for the Packers. They need a veteran leader at WR.

Sounds like he’ll be off to KC if they have the space. 

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Peters was used to watching Trent Williams on the 49ers and looked at his staff and said "Leno is no Trent Williams......so cut him.

I actually thought about Trent as well across at SF. Franchise LT required.

Nugget from Keim, the surgery might have been part of ther story for Leno, he mentioned he's not sure if Leno plays again

Also getting the impression from Keim that the FA will be more in that mid range.  That is, not the high end, not bargain shopping but somewhere in between

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nugget from Keim, the surgery might have been part of ther story for Leno, he mentioned he's not sure if Leno plays again

Also getting the impression from Keim that the FA will be more in that mid range.  That is, not the high end, not bargain shopping but somewhere in between

Looks like Leno will be sitting football out, at least for a while.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I keep seeing people post that Allen is potentially going to be traded…

Why would they do this?

Just creates another hole in a boat that has 15-20 holes to fill. 

I dont see it happening unless the offer is crazy lopsided in the commies favor. 

We need MORE players like him, not less. 

Plus, the DT market is scarce. 

Allen will be here. 

As for other free agents, the one guy I offer the bag to is Josh Allen that way we have two Allens on the team, not zero. 

I might kick tires on Antoine Winfield Jr…

I think we’ll be active but frugal while investing in current players they want to extend and keep around. 

• Like 1

Seeing as the 2024 thread is up and running, some players I’d like us to consider..

RB D’Andre Swift

WR Calvin Ridley and Gabe Davis

TE Jonnu Smith

LB Jordyn Brooks

S Kyle Dugger

CB Ahkello Witherspoon

Quinn/Whitt Jr defensive players - Fowler, Armstrong, Kearse 

OL looks like a major issue to me. Will be interesting to see how we go about that one…

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Wonder how the staff feels about Stromberg and Braeden Daniels. Old regimes draft picks but who knows how Peters felt about them last year. Could be good depth. Or could be looked at as starters. I wouldn’t write them off. 

Keim on his last podcast stated some in the previous staff saw Stromberg aka Stromboli as a backup who needed to get stronger to really play.  I guess there's a possibility Stromboli could slide to LG and get a look there also.

Daniels looked terrible in preseason, if I remember correctly, then went on IR. Regardless of anything else, both of them were on IR.  I don't think Peters and company are going to count on them for anything other than competing for roster spots.  

Since most likely they are going QB at #2, I think they'd probably want a veteran center.  

Connor Williams is the most prominent center available, but he tore his ACL in December, so most likely he won't be available for the beginning of the season.

I don't know much about the rest of these guys but the following players are also available.  From what I can tell, the first several of these could be reasonably good options. My guess is we land one of these guys. 

Tyler Biadasz

Lloyd Cushenberry

Andre James

Aaron Brewer

COnnor McGovern

Evan Brown

Mason Cole

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Look. Leno was a solid stop gap. 

But this FO isn’t messing around. 

I'm not so sure if he was a solid stop gap, given hip surgery next week.  Hip surgery is "ick" for athletes.  He might not have been ready for the season.  Also, he was mad expensive.  You can't have a $15m stop gap left guard who's having hip surgery.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Keim said on his last podcast some of the last staff only viewed Stromboli as a backup and then he got hurt.

My immediate question would be why in the name of holy ****-all did you draft a backup center in the third round if that’s the case.  

But it will be interesting to see what the new staff thinks of Stromboli.  

our OL coaches were barely competent last year so that's no insult to him

Last year our staff made the mistake of just penciling in Shadiq Charles and Chris Paul as starters and look how that turned out.

Let Strom and Daniels compete for roster spots, and if we get anything else out of them consider it a bonus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

FB_IMG_1709391795924.thumb.jpg.c936d48a0a59430ba46a5420478c04af.jpg

Davis getting his legal problems behind him is a really good step for him.  However, now we have to wait and see what Deity Goodell deems an appropriate league punishment, given he did plead guilty.  

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of a suspension.  You just know that ***tard John Mara is on the phone with his lacky Rodger instructing him to ban Jamin Davis from the league forever, even though he's just a "mid" player.  And Rodger, since he is the equivalent of "the gimp" in Pulp Fiction is going to try and capitulate to his master's demands, or Rodger will get the hose.  (Yes, I know I mixed like 5 movie references in that analogy, but WORK WITH ME HERE.)

48 minutes ago, illone said:

I keep seeing people post that Allen is potentially going to be traded…

Why would they do this?

Just creates another hole in a boat that has 15-20 holes to fill. 

I dont see it happening unless the offer is crazy lopsided in the commies favor. 

We need MORE players like him, not less. 

Plus, the DT market is scarce. 

Allen will be here. 

As for other free agents, the one guy I offer the bag to is Josh Allen that way we have two Allens on the team, not zero. 

I might kick tires on Antoine Winfield Jr…

I think we’ll be active but frugal while investing in current players they want to extend and keep around. 

we have Ridgeway, who was a solid enough player Dallas tried to play games with the QB position to keep him(and so Quinn would be his coach), and Mathis as backups.  They have less pedigree but decent potential

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

we have Ridgeway, who was a solid enough player Dallas tried to play games with the QB position to keep him(and so Quinn would be his coach), and Mathis as backups.  They have less pedigree but decent potential

They're nice players but Jon Allen is a legit top 100 NFL player. You don't trade someone like that unless you get an absurd offer which we won't.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Last year our staff made the mistake of just penciling in Shadiq Charles and Chris Paul as starters and look how that turned out.

Let Strom and Daniels compete for roster spots, and if we get anything else out of them consider it a bonus. 

I'd be willing to bet all the money in my left front pocket against all the money in your left front pocket one or both of them don't make the final 53.  

My guess (it's a total guess) is that Stromboli makes it and Daniels does not, but they MIGHT try and bring him back on the PS.  

What they do with Wylie is really going to be an interesting thing to watch.  Do they think he can play anywhere?  Do they think with better coaching he can be functional at RT?  Do they think he can play LG?  He's never played on the left side before.  Is he the replacement swing-tackle backup now that Leno has been released and Lucas is a FA?  Is he the backup swing guard, backing up Cosmi and new starting LG draft pick/FA?  

I think he's going to be on the roster unless he completely proves he can't play better than a 6th round rookie. Mostly because of his contract, where it makes no real sense to cut him.    Which, frankly, I think he can.  But where they slot him, either as a starter or a backup, is a big puzzle piece as to who and how many they are going to go after at other positions.  

6 minutes ago, MrJL said:

Ridgeway on his best day is about 60% of Allen on his worst day.

1 minute ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Wonder what the Peters and Co. are going to about LB especially with the Davis situation.  What a debacle his situation has been

the Davis situation is over.  It's mentioned on this thread.  Six months suspended sentence, suspended license and community service

• Like 2

Just now, MrJL said:

the Davis situation is over.  It's mentioned on this thread.  Six months suspended sentence, suspended license and community service

The league might give him a pretty stiff suspension now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrJL said:

That’s nice that he avoided jail time, but I’m still left with serious doubts about him as a person/player. When Ron made that dumb ass pick, he pitched us on Davis being raw but someone who could be molded into a great player due to the maturity and discipline that comes from growing up in a military family. A character guy if you will, but seems like it’s just the opposite. He’s a good enough stopgap for now while we focus on other positions, but he’ll need to be replaced as well sooner than later. I don’t see any chance of him ever living up to his first round draft status.

23 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

The league might give him a pretty stiff suspension now.

This is why I think they should still address the LB situation.  I don't trust Davis though.  Man the Rivera draft picks have looked so bad up to this point

• Sad 1