Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Cowboys - The One Where...oh nvm.. **** DALLAS!!!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Colts got 1 ring out of back to back Manning and Luck because they are an incompetent organization through and through.

Give me a front office that knows what they doing and it won't matter where we pick or the odds.  You win more then you lose when you know what you're doing.

I agree with your second paragraph but the first confuses me.

You seem to be making the argument that a peyton manning type quarterback doesn't matter and that having a competent management structure is all that matters.

Hypothetical here since there's absolutely no way to know for sure who in the draft will be a franchise quarterback and who will bust.

If you knew for certain that we could get the next peyton manning in the 2024 draft would you still want them to win the last week against Dallas even if it meant we'd lose out on a hall of famer?

Just now, GoDeep81 said:

I honestly wonder if Sam could pass a concussion test. Boy has been beat up and burned out for 2+ months. He just looks cooked. Pocket awareness, throws, running with the ball, everything. It's a shame really. Hope whoever we bring in next has thick skin and a hard head. 

He’s been awful the last month. Can’t see the field, can’t throw the ball, doesn’t have a lick of zip on his passes.

He has some fault.

But I’ll be damned if EB/Rivera/the OL don’t receive a ton of flack for the way they managed him. It’s borderline complete negligence. They set him up to fail. 

They should really be ashamed.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

2 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I honestly wonder if Sam could pass a concussion test. Boy has been beat up and burned out for 2+ months. He just looks cooked. Pocket awareness, throws, running with the ball, everything. It's a shame really. Hope whoever we bring in next has thick skin and a hard head. 

I hope the new GM can rebuild an OL and hire a decent coach who brings in an OC that isn't obsessed with throwing the ball 50 times a game.

Edited by SpacePenguin
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, xxprodigyxx said:

only getting terry the ball is missing

I don't think Terry is going to get his 1,000 yards.  He's going to be pissed once he looks at the numbers.

I sure hope he can get a few more yards but I wouldn't be on it.  Poor guy....he's endured enough crap this year to miss out on 1,000

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A lot of tackles struggle against Dallas.

He's a really good backup swing backup tackle, which is what he was.  He's like the one guy on the OL I was like, "that dude is in exactly the right roles and is good at it."  He shouldn't play much, and when he faces the best DEs, he's going to struggle.

He is what he is.  I'd be fine if he was on the team next year in the same role.  

He’d fine as a backup I was simply saying he’s having a bad day. He had a good day last week against Chase and SF 

Just now, SpacePenguin said:

I hope the next GM can rebuild an OL and hire a decent coach who brings in an OC that isn't obsessed with throwing the ball 50 times a game.

I like EB but he never seemed to realize that Patrick Mahomes didn't follow him out here.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Terry isn't going to get to 1K yards,  Sucks so bad

what would suck so bad is him getting hurt in a meaningless game, that’s a blowout, so the team can get some meaningless statistical box checked off that only exists in the first place because with few exceptions our WRs and QBs have historically sucked in the modern era 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

He’d fine as a backup I was simply saying he’s having a bad day. He had a good day last week against Chase and SF 

He’s a free agent I think and unlikely to be back. I would think all things being equal he’d want a fresh start somewhere else’s

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I live in reality. There is no short term with this franchise especially going into this season. 

Reality of being desensitized...we all have our own realities, centers of our own universe...

Feels more like Madden now, I don't think that's dillusional, I'm jus glad this season is over so I can't stop making time for it. 

I've never felt that way about this team, we're all in different places about it...

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Lance as a bust waiting to happen. And I got skewered for that take in the draft thread.

"waiting to happen"? Dude has long since passed the barrier for being a bust. High first round pick that can't buy any playing time, and is already on his second team. Dude is absolute trash. Maybe one of the worst draft picks of the last 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

We are not even gonna get Terry his yards...

Gonna be honest here…

He should have caught some of those easy drops earlier in the year. He’d have it. 

I hope he’s here moving forward but he didn’t have a great year this year, either.

If he gets money for it, I hope Harris gives it to him regardless. Otherwise he’s about where he should be.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2