Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

We all need to remember it's an illusion, or at least a random aberration,  we get every season...like when we beat tom Brady and pats with the under center....fools gold

Hopefully we're headed for the real thing starting this off season 

You are wise...and I spoke too soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commander202 said:

Can’t believe I’m saying this but.., I’m glad he threw that pick. The fact is we are way to close in this game and are actually looking more competitive than usual.

Do we want Sam to develop or we done shipping him FedEx to somewhere else already?

Because if we want him to be useful to us, that can't happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Bad pass from Sam - he had pressure but he threw it way inside. 

Actually I’m taking that back. Bad decision to throw because Terry was just beaten on the route - but he was expecting Terry to cross the face of the DB. Without the quick pressure he should probably throw the corner route to Thomas behind Terry. 

• Like 4

I know they’re not the same player but if you all remember the game in Buffalo with Haskins vs Allen, Josh Allen looked quite bad for over a whole season during that year, really two full ones before he turned into a good QB. 

I lived in Buffalo at that time and nearly the whole fan base was ready to move on from Allen. 

I see a lot of the same with Howell as far as how he’s played so far his career. 

I’m not fully in either camp with sticking with Howell or drafting a QB round 1, but sometimes it does take a couple years of playing. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Do we want Sam to develop or we done shipping him FedEx to somewhere else already?

Because if we want him to be useful to us, that can't happen.

I doubt he’s leaving next year, he’s done enough to be a back up caliber qb. I can’t see a team trading for him to start . 

• Like 1

Just now, Rocket442Olds said:

I know they’re not the same player but if you all remember the game in Buffalo with Haskins vs Allen, Josh Allen looked quite bad for over a whole season during that year, really two full ones before he turned into a good QB. 

I lived in Buffalo at that time and nearly the whole fan base was ready to move on from Allen. 

I see a lot of the same with Howell as far as how he’s played so far his career. 

I’m not fully in either camp with sticking with Howell or drafting a QB round 1, but sometimes it does take a couple years of playing. 

I think many think he's not a rookie, and truly he is

• Thumb up 1