Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 17 - The Commanders vs. The Niners

zCommander

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Sam is benched and Jacoby is starting. Jacoby is going to pull the upset.

Oh no RR really did it!

But don't fear my fellow masochists, if Brisset pulls the upset this will only cement Ron's inability to spot good talent.

He rolled the dice with Howell and turns out it was WRONG decision. 

How on Earth can you not see the other guy is better when QB is the most important spot on your team? HOW?

The season should have started out IN REVERSE: start Brisset until you get a good evaluation of his ceiling.

THEN hand over the reins to Howell. Otherwise it just looks like you've given up on your boy!

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Can't believe Harris hasn't stepped in and told Mr Useless (sorry Rivera), to bench our best players for the last 2 games. Which would guarantee a top 4 pick.

He can't.  He'd look like a meddling new owner.

And for whatever reason, Ron is still extremely well respected around the league.

This will be entirely shocking, but if there are really 10 head coaching gigs, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility he gets some interviews.  They'll throw all the bad stuff on Dan and say he got a bad shake.  

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He can't.  He'd look like a meddling new owner.

And for whatever reason, Ron is still extremely well respected around the league.

This will be entirely shocking, but if there are really 10 head coaching gigs, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility he gets some interviews.  They'll throw all the bad stuff on Dan and say he got a bad shake.  

Doubt it. I can’t recall one HC that we moved on from that Snyder hired and got a HC gig in this league. Did he hire Marty Shotenheimer? 

15 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Doubt it. I can’t recall one HC that we moved on from that Snyder hired and got a HC gig in this league. Did he hire Marty Shotenheimer? 

Schott did take go 4-12, 12-4 & 14-2 in his first three years with the Chargers, post-Snyder. He was fired after that 14-2 season, IIRC. Rivera doesn't have even a whiff of that success with this team. He may be respected around the league, but he doesn't have results. Can't blame Snyder, either. Snyder was the only one who gave him a call post-Carolina and his on-field record has only been tainted ever since.

I’ll be at this game and I’m looking forward to seeing a fantastic football team…and the guys from Washington also. 

San Fran: 40

Commies: 13

Brisett hits them with a deep ball TD on the first drive and then San Francisco remembers they are them and the Commies are who they are and beat us so bad we recreate the meme from the Simpsons “Stop it he is dead already” 

On 12/27/2023 at 2:18 PM, El Mexican said:

Oh no RR really did it!

But don't fear my fellow masochists, if Brisset pulls the upset this will only cement Ron's inability to spot good talent.

He rolled the dice with Howell and turns out it was WRONG decision. 

How on Earth can you not see the other guy is better when QB is the most important spot on your team? HOW?

The season should have started out IN REVERSE: start Brisset until you get a good evaluation of his ceiling.

THEN hand over the reins to Howell. Otherwise it just looks like you've given up on your boy!

No. Brissett is a career backup, and he has made a lot of money like Fitz used to do going from team to team. It was not wrong to start Howell.  He earned it in pre-season and played well in the beginning of the season. So, it was not a "roll of the dice."  Yes, Sam made boneheaded mistakes, and I am not excusing that, but he was forced to throw 64% of the time behind an anemic O line and no variation in the schemes being run.  There was nothing in the game planning of EB that focused on balance.  EB IMO demonstrated inflexibility, and a determination to keep the same plan even when it faltered.  I noticed the calls changed when Jacoby came in last week, and I thought, that was what Sam needed. There was balance between passing and the run, short to intermediate passing....a different look.  

BUT I do not believe that San Francisco will lose this game, mainly because of our secondary.  The only thing that keeps this close is perhaps Purdy playing poorly again. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2023 at 10:22 PM, CovingtonCommander said:

The niners will be coming off a short week and traveling 3000 miles to DC. If Brissett starts this will be closer than people think.

49ers 38

Commanders 24

Wishful thinking.

49ers are also on a mission to keep their 1st round bye...Ravens are probably the best team in the NFL right now, put the whole NFC in its place.

Only thing I'm more sure of getting right on our dysfunction is Young getting zero sacks against us. In context, he doesn't need to.

9 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

No. Brissett is a career backup, and he has made a lot of money like Fitz used to do going from team to team. It was not wrong to start Howell.  He earned it in pre-season and played well in the beginning of the season. So, it was not a "roll of the dice."  Yes, Sam made boneheaded mistakes, and I am not excusing that, but he was forced to throw 64% of the time behind an anemic O line and no variation in the schemes being run.  There was nothing in the game planning of EB that focused on balance.  EB IMO demonstrated inflexibility, and a determination to keep the same plan even when it faltered.  I noticed the calls changed when Jacoby came in last week, and I thought, that was what Sam needed. There was balance between passing and the run, short to intermediate passing....a different look.  

BUT I do not believe that San Francisco will lose this game, mainly because of our secondary.  The only thing that keeps this close is perhaps Purdy playing poorly again. 

I can't stand behind that logic, bro.

Everyone knew the Oline was not our strong point coming into the season.

Why force Howell to throw 40+ passes a game and expose our weakest unit? To see what he can do in extreme circumstances? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Brisset has looked BETTER than Howell.

One can only imagine how the season would have panned out if he took the job instead of Howell.

San Francisco  - 41

Washington.     - 14

Closest score:

Week 1: Hdf561 

Week 2: Skinsfan1311 

Week 3: Riggo-toni 

Week 4: Csup

Week 5: Riggo-toni 

Week 6: Csup

Week 7:88Comrade2000

Week 8: Spearfeather 

Week 9: Est.1974, Catatonic, GOSKINS_08,DazedSkinsfan