Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We’re going to pick 7.  We’re not going to have the options we want to. 

I can see this team beating the Jets. So, ya. That won’t help matters at all if we drop to 7 as far as QB goes. Probably fix the OL, though. Which would make me happy.

Just now, oraphus said:

How this incompetent moron Rivera gets to hold on to the hc job this long is beyond me!  Im beginning to think Harris isn’t much smarter than Snyder.  

It's win/win for Harris

Riverbed wins games and the team has momentum going into offseason

or

team loses and has higher picks (as much of a lottery as the draft is)

Either way, Tugboat Ron is gone and Harris has draft picks from the two DE trades (Sweat trade a debatable one) and plenty of cap space 

Harris doesn't get judged for 3 years minimum unfortunately in my view 

• Thumb up 1

That’s the beauty of it. If we’re not in position to take a top one this year, it’s not the end of the world to run it back with him next year. He’s shown “signs” so maybe something will click over the off season.

As for the line, yes it sucks. The example I always give, is sometimes QBs can make a bad line look worse while another QB can make that same line look slightly better.

RG3 made the line look awful. Kirk came in and within the same year, the line looked better. Sam does not know how to do that yet. 

Edited by dyst
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

You can sign a C and G in free agency and there will be a day 1 starter at OT in the 2nd round. I was very much in the draft a LT camp and build around Howell - but he regressed and if you are in range of a blue chip QB prospect I think you have to pull the trigger.

no more pulling the trigger.

We'd have to give up our best second rounder to trade up.  Maybe more

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cheeseman could be our ace in the hole to lose to the Jets so at this point I appreciate Ron’s loyalty to him 

If we start winning against the Jets, we need Josh to force Ron to play cheeseman as our center on every play.  Shotgun every snap with Cheeseman... what could go wrong?

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think they have to draft one now. Howell is beaten and now Brissett is showing to be a bit better while the playcalling and OL still clearly stink. 

But it’s a tough move because we are bad in a lot of places. Going to be interesting.

That’s the beauty of it. If we’re not in position to take a top one this year, it’s not the end of the world to run it back with him next year. He’s shown “signs” so maybe something will click over the off season.

As for the line, yes it sucks. The example I always give, is sometimes QBs can make a bad line look worse while another QB can make that same line look slightly better.

RG3 made the line look awful. Kirk came in and within the same year, the line looked better. Sam does not know how to do that yet. 

Edited by dyst
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

As for the line, yes it sucks. The example I always give, is something QBs can make a bad line look worse while another QB can make that same line look slightly better.

I agree with this. This team will be bad next season also. They will not fix alot of these problems in one season.

Edited by Redskins 2021

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

Is there NO long snapper in the world who can replace this guy? 

We need to bring in Andrew East.  He was a snapper, actually here for a short bit.  Married to Shawn Johnson, Olympic gold medal gymnast.  

He might not be able to snap anymore.  But we’d get featured in Shaw’s Instagram story.

He was here in 2019 I think.