Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Rams - The One Where One Gets Rammed

zCommander

Just now, mistertim said:

He started one rando game at the end of last season. This is his first year actually playing. So he's not technically a rookie but this is definitely his first year as a starting QB. And young QB have a lot of those sorts of issues. That will include a new QB if we draft him in this upcoming draft. Especially if our OL is still god awful.

The point your missing is with a rookie 1st round qb, we will have him on the cheap for 5 years. So that means in 2 years we will still have the cap space to add peices.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 2

Just now, Llevron said:

How do you feel about drafting a QB high and sitting them? I know it’s not popular that’s why I’m asking your opinion on it. 

I think it can be done. But at some point, if Sam struggles, they’ll need to play. If Sam plays well behind a revamped group then it gives credence to, “why did we take a QB in the first?”

I’m not against it. But you have a five year window. You want to use it to develop and grow a young QB.

Just now, KDawg said:

More options available. Trades, etc.

And we’d be in an equal position because we wouldn’t have a QB. 

We have a ton of cap money and a lot of picks. A year of experience for a group of rookies and system install would do wonders for the ‘25 QB.

I feel like fans talk themselves into the “drop the QB in” scenario a lot and it rarely ever works out that way. This **** is hard and rarely goes to plan. So why waste a year and wait? Let all 3 pieces of the enterprise grow to together and always have the same goals. 

50 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The problem with moving on from Sam is u need a top 2 pick we won't have that. 

I don't think so. I think there are at least 3 qbs coming out this year that are already better than Sam if not 4 or 5

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, dyst said:

The term “Creating the pocket” is funnier to you then “seeing ghosts”? 

Yes.

I’ve literally never heard anyone say that a quarterback is to create the pocket.

I’ve heard the saying “seeing ghosts” a million times.  It’s what happens when a QB constantly under pressure starts feeling pressure that isn’t there, gets happy feet, etc.  Which Sam has been doing more of week by week.

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

I agree with that but how do u get into the top two picks to get one.

This is being discussed as nausea in the Draft Pick thread. 

Basixally need Pats to win 2 more. SOS is gonna be tough to overcome on tie break. Also cards need to win 1 more. That would get us to #2. More likely we pick 3/4. Still in play for Daniels at either pick assuming Williams Maye go 1-2 and we either leap the Cards or they take Harrison at 3. 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I feel like fans talk themselves into the “drop the QB in” scenario a lot and it rarely ever works out that way. This **** is hard and rarely goes to plan. So why waste a year and wait? Let all 3 pieces of the enterprise grow to together and always have the same goals. 

How’s it working for the Chargers?

Or the Dolphins so far? Although they are improving significantly. 

They took too long to improve the roster to a point they could and now they both are paying high end money to their QB. 

I don’t know that waiting until next year is the right move. I’d feel better with two off seasons to improve the roster…

But I don’t know that drafting a QB with this roster is the answer, either.

I’m one of the least optimistic people on this board. I tend to lean more in the notion that stars show up regardless and we lack star talent. With that said, we have a new ownership group and it still may take years to get this right. There will

be other draft classes with top QB talent available. There always is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The problem with moving on from Sam is u need a top 2 pick we won't have that. 

Exactly, we can lose out and still not be able to pick or trade up to replace Howell.

We are no place good right now, we thinking this is purgatory, but the thermostat is at 140.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

At this point I believe Harris let this fire burn waaay too long, now we talkin about getting rid of folks that we shouldn't be, regardless of our opinion on Howell but he's included in this.

It's like the plan was not to save anything, like everything is going to go, and could be something similar to the process.

I don't belive that was necessary because of the way the coaches were using certain players and everything starting to look worse then it probably is.   Now it's as bad as it could be.

Cardinal sin of developing any QB is benching them late in a lost season, he could be broken and confidence shattered, and with potentially be true ownership always wanted to jus ship everyone out it's beyond frautrating I as a fan made any level of investment in the future of any of these players or this team.

We did everything possible to develop Howell the wrong way after finally finding someone worth developing.  Now we have to hope whoevers next doesn't get ruin, too, rinse a repeat, no value in anything we get right...jus treat it like **** or look forward to getting something better.

I'm unimpressed, I'm back to having no idea what Harris is doing and I have to watch these last couple lost cause games now that actions of commitment to Howell no longer match the words there's nothing good to come from this season. 

Everything is destroyed now, congratulations to everyone hoping for so to increase our draft order...your wish has been granted.

*monkey paw closes

Nothing changed from September or November or last week. EB is the guy hampering and destroying Howell and he’s the guy people were crying wanting to get an unearned elevation to Interim HC if Rivera went sooner. Nothing would be different.

Howell is/was worth developing (or trying to develop). Every guy who flashes talent doesn’t successfully develop, it’s not that simple. 

This season changed nothing about Harris or what he was always obviously going to do. Nothing could salvage the suck of this season other than maybe Snyder selling three months earlier. 

Snyder took that from you by being a prick over a few extra dollars. Be pissed at Snyder, this lost season was his last gift to you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Right. It’s easy and it’s everywhere. I wouldn’t let it bother you but I get why it does. 

Take solace in the fact that we all see them for what they are. I’m always wrong. Always lol. But atleast I contribute more than trolling….sometimes. 

I just can’t let it slide.

I’ve eaten plenty of crow and given folks their flowers when they are right about things many, many times.

But there’s no way on earth I’m letting folks who post a sentence at a time, rinse and repeat the same generic stuff, start pea****ing up in this joint. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

I don't think do. I think there are at least 3 qbs coming out this year that are already better than Sam if not 4 or 5

I know some people seem to think this QB class is magical, but all of the top prospects have some concerning flaws. None are at all "can't miss" types. And if we're sitting around 4 or so we'll probably have to settle for whoever falls and hope his flaws cause the least problems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, mac8887 said:

I don't think do. I think there are at least 3 qbs coming out this year that are already better than Sam if not 4 or 5

I like the first two but I don't want to trade up or reach. I think this is going to be more then a one year rebuild. It has to be the right guy at right price. I don't know if Howell the guy or not but we have so many holes on this team I think we can wait another year on qb.

• Like 1

“Best Case” re: QB. You get one of the Top 3 guys. 

“Worst case” re: QB is you pick 4th and start loading the roster for Sam / 2025 QB target. 

Middle case which I’d argue is best case … get to 2/3 and trade out if you don’t love that QB. Get another 2nd and a 1st in 2025 and stay close enough to nab a top player. Develop around Sam in 2024 with an eye on the 2025 QB class. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

How’s it working for the Chargers?

Or the Dolphins so far? Although they are improving significantly. 

They took too long to improve the roster to a point they could and now they both are paying high end money to their QB. 

I don’t know that waiting until next year is the right move. I’d feel better with two off seasons to improve the roster…

But I don’t know that drafting a QB with this roster is the answer, either.

Look at the cheifs even, they don't look like world beaters right now. They gotta either nail a draft or 2 or trade or 2, or wait a couple years to be able to afford to give Mahomes enough receiving weapons. By then kelce will be retired. At least they will still have there qb that they know can play that knows the offense, and that's why they'll always have a chance. That's why it's so important for the new fo to get there qb have his guys around him and running things like a well oiled machine before it'd time to pay the rookie qb. Man I hope they get there guy this draft and break the Snyder curse

• Thumb down 1