Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Humiliating season but at least we have cap and draft picks to regroup. Could be worst , my only concern that sack record .

Yep am optimistic about the future. My concern about the present is figuring out Howell and helping him succeed 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

• zCommander changed the title to Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning
3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

1968 was the last time the same team had the leagues leading rusher and pass receiver...mostert and hill have it to this point by a big margin

.....hill...4 receptions for 154 yds 😂😂

Might have been the last time they forced a turnover also.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

This game shows me two things

1.  The biggest issue in the last 25 years has been the acquisition of talent - We have had no one that has built a good roster

2.  This current team is not that not good.  The players are not that good.  We have had some bad coaches (Zorn, Spurrier, etc) - but the players have never been that good.  RR is not a bad coach, but he has no business building a roster.

Add poor drafting. You can’t take Chase Young when Tua was on the board. You can’t take a toothpick like Forbes when there is a stud like Gonzalez on the board, and the list goes on and on. Look at MIAMI Ron, they know how to build a team. You should do the Constanta method, Pick the opposite that you would have picked and you would have been better off. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Commander202 said:

That’s who Ron wanted and he didn’t pull the trigger . Idk what happened to riverboat Ron but that guy was gone after Newton left . Theres no way this is the coach of the year that people talked about 

the dude was about to be fired and ran out of town. He was hated by Carolina fans. Then he just started going for it a lot on 4th down all the time and somehow got this reputation as some aggressive gambler ballsy kinda guy because Cam had a MVP season and saved his career. Dude has always been a failure 

Just now, Fred Jones said:

The big question this offseason will be ALL ABOUT Howell.  Can you build around him or look to draft a QB.

In all seriousness:

I don’t think this is the question for this off-season. Meaning, I don’t think it needs an answer and I don’t think you can really form one given this season.

I think the question is: Can you use Howell and a mid round rookie or vet as a stop gap while you rebuild your OL and roster in anticipation of having a franchise QB (Howell, Maye, Williams, Arch Manning, Cam Ward, whoever…) moving forward.

I think you can answer that. And the answer is yes, you can give Howell/rookie or vet another year while you ready your roster to move forward.

• Like 2

Just now, Renegade7 said:

It got complicated pretending to rebuild to make the roster easier to sell the franchise...feel disrespected as a fan...Yankees would never do that...

I was mad when we traded Werth to you, but things are better over here.

Or let you sign or whatever.. It hurt.

• Like 1