Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I swear people don’t remember that we have struggled with the Giants… even when we have had a better team they’ve taken us to the woodshed.

Be as confident as you want but I’d ease your expectations. This way if the good stuff happens we can be excited. And if we get our **** kicked in again it’s expected.

Just quoting myself from the pre-game. Why? Not to say, “I told you so”. I take no pride here. But rather that expectations are your own worst enemy, especially when we’re a bad team. 

Some of you set yourselves up for a rise in blood pressure from unrealistic expectations. This team survives. They don’t dominate. Ever. Especially against NYG.

• Like 3

So I am on a plane, downloaded the iheart radio app and was listening to the game in the radio before takeoff.  

Paid $8 for wifi for rhe flight.  Figured I’d just keep listening to the radio broadcast.

****ers claim the United wifi is outside the approved listening area and turned off rhe feed.

So I watched an episode of Outerbanks, and then checked in on the score.

How the hell is Devito 14/19 for 189 yards? 

I mean, 6 sacks, ok.  But what in the actual ****?

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

All I can say is yes, there are many Giants fans here but the atmosphere has been that of a winning home team and again, this team disappoints and lets down.  It’s remarkable really how they can be so awful.

I’ve lived the story enough I’m no longer shocked when they suck against bad teams

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I see your point in defense, but hard to argue Howell isn't developing under Bieniemy right now.

When you see winning teams like the Bills fire their OC, it just screams to a standard we don't have.

Because I'm not convinced Rivera is actually doing anything, I do believe he could coach defense and it look better without something else getting worse.

He has 6 weeks left and can fire his guys any time he wants—if you actually think the team could be playing better if he did that and he’s not doing it, that’s just another reason why he’ll be gone. This whole staff is a month and a half from unemployment, it’s a different situation to the Bills who are in a Super Bowl window and floundering for an answer, they have way more invested into this season turning around. We’re in the prequel era of our new team under new ownership, none of this matters.

And no I actually am not crediting EB with Howell’s development, I think other than giving him the reckless (but high upside) risk of a zillion passing reps this season he’s actually made Howell’s life harder. Via scheme and via playcalling. 

• Like 1