Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

Just now, Conn said:

He has 6 weeks left and can fire his guys any time he wants—if you actually think the team could be playing better if he did that and he’s not doing it, that’s just another reason why he’ll be gone. This whole staff is a month and a half from unemployment, it’s a different situation to the Bills who are in a Super Bowl window and floundering for an answer, they have way more invested into this season turning around. We’re in the prequel era of our new team under new ownership, none of this matters.

And no I actually am not crediting EB with Howell’s development, I think other than giving him the reckless (but high upside) risk of a zillion passing reps this season he’s actually made Howell’s life harder. Via scheme and via playcalling. 

The good news is that even I, with my worst fear of this regime continuing on, don’t think that’s even a remotely possible if this continues. 

• Like 2

Just now, Conn said:

He has 6 weeks left and can fire his guys any time he wants—if you actually think the team could be playing better if he did that and he’s not doing it, that’s just another reason why he’ll be gone. This whole staff is a month and a half from unemployment, it’s a different situation to the Bills who are in a Super Bowl window and floundering for an answer, they have way more invested into this season turning around. We’re in the prequel era of our new team under new ownership, none of this matters.

And no I actually am not crediting EB with Howell’s development, I think other than giving him the reckless (but high upside) risk of a zillion passing reps this season he’s actually made Howell’s life harder. Via scheme and via playcalling. 

Agreed. EB isnt some QB whisperer. But hes letting Howell sling it which helps.

I wanna pair him with Ben Johnson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Refs won’t call a hold, and when he’s not sacked he gets 45 minutes to throw it to wide open players.

Ok. So it’s just the Mara effect?  

I don’t believe in ****ing about the refs.  And I really don’t believe the conspiracy theory Mara has his thumb on the scale. 

But even still.  

Gads. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Usually most young QBs have to get hurt before they try and make the mental shift to protect themselves while running,

Gotta learn your not invincible.

Hopefully this can be a bit of a light wake up call for Howell considering he didn't have to miss time, but you can't go out there and slam against LBs the way he is.

There is tough and there is never go down. Never go down QBs tend not to last very long.

Have to go for the goal line. Generally I agree with but you have to put your nose in there to get the TD.

1. Ugly ass uniforms

2. Lousy coaching

3. Lousy players

4. Crappy performance

5. Horrible clock management

The season is lost, there's no way this team with this type of performance will sniff playoffs, so FIRE RON FIRE DEL TACO after the game, win or lose.

This team was competitive against the Eagles and Seahawks, then come out today playing like Mother Teresa and the nuns? That is poor coaching top to bottom. This team and coaching plays up or down to opponents and find ways to lose, so it doesn't matter one bit, and I sure as hell could give to ****s whether Rivera and Del Taco's poor little stupid feelings are hurt. 

The fans should just get up and walk out at the start of the 3rd qtr to send a message to the new owners that this isn't the way to run an organization.

• Thanks 1