Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Patriots

zCommander

Play calling is getting better and so is Howell. I think both are going hand in hand. Sam looked like a legit pro QB today minus a couple of bad decisions and a couple of badly missed throws to wide open receivers. It's now two weeks in a row that he's missed easy TD throws right down the middle of the field but at least he saw the guy open. Seems like the defense was much more disciplined today and Forbes had his best game. 

Terry and Dotson are starting to get the ball more and that's a great thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Dolphins are overrated. Their offensive numbers are inflated by that 70 point game. Theyve been blasted by every good team theyve played. Their best win is the mediocre Chargers lol

They got absolutely whored against Philadelphia. They should have won that game, but it was gift wrapped for the Eagles 

23 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Turner was predictable..EB uses motion allot better and gets mismatches. I just remember Turner running into the teeth of the D and NOT using screens and edge plays (I remember screaming at the TV on several occasions). I enjoyed the play selection the last 2 weeks. Turner would have never schemed that up

You’re right about the schemes and much of the rest but Turner was actually among the league leaders in using motion, it was the most progressive thing about him. Less effective when you’re running the “hide Heinicke” offense though. EB doesn’t use motion nearly enough imo, he could make Howell’s life (and our speedy WR’s lives) easier by doing so. He needs to watch some Miami tape. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I don't know about you guys but seeing Crowder on this team again is awesome. He is always giving his all. He is a consummate professional who is having a career resurgence. 

Quality punt returner and excellent no.3, should have passed his way a little more. Need to re sign him this offseason.  think he has got some big plays coming. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Quality punt returner and excellent no.3, should have passed his way a little more. Need to re sign him this offseason.  think he has got some big plays coming. 

Agreed. He would be a very cheap alternative to Samuel. Zero risk signing. 

1 minute ago, Conn said:

ok ok I get you guys who were trying to warn us about Magic tweets now. Holy **** this is funny 

I think Magic likes beers. 

22 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I don't know about you guys but seeing Crowder on this team again is awesome. He is always giving his all. He is a consummate professional who is having a career resurgence. 

It's getting ridiculous...flag football might be at Olympics by 2028 in LA...find out they testing what they can do to expand globally if folks don't want cte like current nfl is.

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

ok ok I get you guys who were trying to warn us about Magic tweets now. Holy **** this is funny 

He's worse then Ted Leonsis...are we getting blogs soon?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's getting ridiculous...flag football might be at Olympics by 2028 in LA...find out they testing what they can do to expand globally if folks don't want ptsd like current nfl is.

Soooo after seeing the tweet in its entirety, according to the NFL explanation if you dont emulate a Gator or a Crab you are penalized.  LOL this is **** ball.

• Like 2

Idf care how it happened, revenge is best severe cold...how better to confirm the end of their dynasty then beating them in their house when we know we suck too.

**** them, they suck more then us, and we won because of it.  I'm not being Seattle is a world beater anymore then the Giants at home.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rumplestilskin said:

He, Tana, and Garcon have been my favs in the new gen but Clark is always my number one....fun guy to drink with in the end zone bars too.  Still give props to Charley Taylor as the OG legend, have several of his cards too.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

He, Tana, and Garcon have been my favs in the new gen but Clark is always my number one....fun guy to drink with in the end zone bars too.  Still give props to Charley Taylor as the OG legend, have several of his cards too.

Garcon was a beast. Loved the fang mouth guard. Tough SOB. It was because of him that Shanny Jr. drafted Deebo. You need a guy like that in that offense.. Tana is a legend. Nice guy too from my expieience. He and DHall were the most approachable Skins of that generation.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

8 hours ago, RabidFan said:

Crowder looked like he had “it” when Garcon and Jackson were here but then dropped a bunch of balls and struggled when he was forced to be the guy toward the end. Now, he is back in the situation where Terry and Jahan are shouldering the load. This is when he is at his best - bring him back

• Like 3

10 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

YES! Sign him and keep him next year. Crowder has been tremendous and Pringle has been very good too. 

10 hours ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

Magic dropping the kind of insight money can’t buy…😄

LOL....we may need to let Magic pick all of our players and free agents moving foward. He clearly knows what he's doing.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Missed the game.  Just saw the Henry sack/roughing the passer call.  What a complete utter joke.  This league is so soft it is making it hard to watch.

For what it's worth I was listing to the Patriots radio broadcast (all I could get through Sirious as I was driving the entire game) and they admitted it was a horrible call. They did not sugar coat it at all. 

They actually did a good job and were pretty even handed. Clearly rooting for NE as they should but was still calling the gam as it is. It reminded me of how good ours used to be in the Frank Herzog days and how really bad it is now. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Magic.  But his tweets are a bit painful.  

This won't work as easy versus the Seattle WRs

Probably not, but this season we've been much better when we play man vs when we play zone.

Of course it could also be that we only play man against bad WRs so the numbers get inflated.

Metcalf, Lockett, and Smith-Njigba will be a handful for sure.