Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

:ols:

What stood out to you about the personnel?

His response was essentially, "Well, the DTs are good. And it all starts up front on both sides of the ball. And there are some speedy receivers."

And then he looked at David Aldridge like he was finished and the next question was asked.

:ols:

We have about 5-8 people on this entire team that can actually start for another team.  Quinn basically said we had four.   Two DT, two WRs.  LOL.  

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Llevron said:

First of all we didn't come up with that nickname and it wasn't derogatory when they started calling him that. 

Second of all, gotDamn Quinn has gotta be on the list. 

Dan. Can’t get a bigger insult than that here.

But damn that was an impressive press conference. Peters was a little nervous and reading from his prepared remarks but Quinn took control. That dude is impressive as hell. It’s all about adapting, growing etc. I really liked the message. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

So many were dead set the team botched the hiring process but that SI article shows you how little we know about what goes on behind closed doors related to player or FO acquisitions.

It's a good lesson for those who tend to lose their minds before they have all the data.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2

8 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I’m excited. I don’t care what anyone says. We have a GM, we have a coaching staff that was chosen by the GM and and ownership group that doesn’t include Dan Snyder. 

And for the first time since Thiesman we'll hopefully be getting a franchise QB. Only 2 chances since then.

Shuler - bust

RGIII - wasn't effective after injury

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Lack of motion can be a good thing. Peyton Manning for one liked to limit pre snap motion - he wanted the defense set so he could see coverages and match ups. With motion the defense moves too!

Spreading out a defense so you can create and exploit 1-2-1 matchups is fundamental to air raid so I’d think that’s why there is limited pre snap motion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

45 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wright doesnt matter to me one way of the other. He has no impact on players or coaching. But isnt he involved in the new stadium stuff? Would make sense if he is deeply involved in that to keep him on board I would guess?

The guy literally couldn't even stop Patrick Mahomes' brother from dancing and prancing all over the Sean Taylor memorial number that was freaking roped off. 

If you wanna keep that incompetent, lying boob in the organization, I'd relegate him to being in charge of the training camp and stadium port-a-potties, and that's about it.  Maybe dumpster duty, too.  (If he can handle both.)

• Like 1

One thing that's clear is that the plan is not to catch some kind of lightning in a bottle and get lucky. There is a method to their madness and they think they can flat out run a professional football organization better than their competition. I like that kind of confidence as it comes with an understood and obvious level of competency. We will see if they are right. Time will tell. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 12
  • Thumb up 3

20 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think the only players to survive will be the pre-Ron players.

I don’t think Ron’s players will be part of this team long term.

There are only 4-6 total players who are going to be on this team on opening day 2025. 

I think Quan Martin and Cosmi are probably around, probably a few more.  

But almost everyone is getting blown out.  Regardless of where they came from.  

Obviously proof is in the pudding and results on the field matter most but that was an excellent intro press conference.  Its easy to see why he was the hire.  Again, results on the field are paramount BUT, it sure feels like this franchise has come a long long way in the mater of 18 months and is starting to resemble something totally different.  

Oh and please change the name. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

It is not about the coaches.  These guys can win in the NFL.  All this talk about the past success/failure will not predict what happens with this team moving forward.

It is ALL ABOUT Peters and the acquisition of talent.  It starts with selecting the right QB with the #2 pick.  It continues with having a good draft.  It continues with having good free agent pick ups.  I don't care what coaches we have, you need talent to succeed.

We are at least a year or two away from winning.  We just don't have the talent.  We have too many average players.  Not a bad article detailing how mediocre our roster is:  https://www.hogshaven.com/2024/2/5/24059463/washington-commanders-offseason-bottom-of-the-league-roster-have-assets-to-significantly-improve

I do like DQ saying he will coach and the FO will acquire the talent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

One thing that's clear is that the plan is not to catch some kind of lightning in a bottle and get lucky. There is a method to their madness and they think they can flat our run a professional football organization better than their competition. I like that kind of confidence as it comes with an understood and obvious level of competency. We will see if they are right. Time will tell. 

The biggest thing for me is these guys come across as intelligent. Ron was likable but not once did I ever hear him speak about football or scheme or anything and think this dude is smart. Peters is a smart guy as well and so is Josh. 

Dan was obviously awkward and insecure. Bruce was smart but not as a football evaluator. These guys seem to be next level intelligent and competent. Very refreshing. 

• Like 3

Personally I thought that was a great press conference, loved  Quinn going into details about the Xs and Os, I also loved the part when Harris said these guys have a few unknown tricks up their sleeve and Quinn smiled and said "Oh yeah"

I also have a feeling that the free agency thread on here is going to be a very busy place in a few weeks. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Didn't get to watch the presser, I'll run thru it later.

Did any players show up?

No players. If your name is not Payne, Allen, McLaurin or Dotson there might not be a point to show up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Hearing Quinn talk about mid and late round players developing and hitting bc the coaching staff and GM are on the same page with a PLAN for the player and how to use their strengths…the clouds parted and the sun shone through on that one.

Seeing the obvious connection and camaraderie between Quinn and Peters was extremely reassuring. 

Seeing how obviously prepared they were to address certain potentially hot-button topics showed a level of professionalism I actually forgot about. 

I have no idea how it’s going to play out but I’m feeling more optimistic about this specific coach and GM marriage than I did. But it’s the structure and partnership that I really love to see. How the individual pieces fit and perform remain to be seen. But I see the vision from Harris. Who needs a nap after this process btw. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Lack of motion can be a good thing. Peyton Manning for one liked to limit pre snap motion - he wanted the defense set so he could see coverages and match ups. With motion the defence moves too!

Spreading out a defense so you can create and exploit 1-2-1 matchups is fundamental to air raid so I’d think that’s why there is limited pre snap motion. 

Yeah but what does Peyton know about offense anyway?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There are only 4-6 total players who are going to be on this team on opening day 2025. 

I think Quan Martin and Cosmi are probably around, probably a few more.  

But almost everyone is getting blown out.  Regardless of where they came from.  

I’ll take the over on 6. Won’t be a lot, but more than six. 

Martin

Robinson

Butler 

Dotson

Howell

Way

McLaurin

Payne

Allen

Forbes

Curl

Cosmi

Henry

Jones

Mathis

Davis

I’d bet a subset of at least seven of these 16 guys will be here in 2025.