Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Good to know we spoke with BB. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him in Dallas by November 1st. 

I'd be willing to bet we didn't and Diana is lying out her posterior, but nobody is going to contradict it because there's no benefit to it.

Though I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Keim or Bram did at some point.  But it won't be a national person.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fearlessNelms said:

I'm okay with this. Quinn wasn't my top choice, but he's a solid hire.

Now- go sign Cousins in free agency and bring him home to finish his career, take Harrison Jr. at #2 in the draft, bring in the young Kubiak from the Shanahan tree to run the offense, let Howell develop behind Cousins for the next three years and let our new GM- who is known as a top notch talent evaluator- fill in all the other needs on OL and defense through the draft and free agency. And as per Jumbo's request, the Mighty Quinn will take care of the defense.  

We'll put up 35 a game and as long as the D can hold opponents to less than that- we're instant contenders in the division, if not the entire NFC. LET"S GO!!!!

No on Cousins! The man is a weirdo perfectionist who plans his day in 15 minute increments. And he just had a major injury. I appreciate his regular season games and that he's made himself into a mega millionaire without winning any big games ever. He's not a big game QB, he's a major choker, probably because he's so uptight. I'd rather have Russell Wilson / Brissett as a stop gap as the rookie OB grows and the OL solidifies. Or run it back with Howell and see what he does with a competent staff. 

• Like 1

I was at a doctor's appointment and only  learned the news on the drive home listening to the radio.

Some blowhard talking head was calling this a terrible uninspired move by Adam Peters, saying it looks like the same old Commanders Yada yada yada...turned it off.

To hell with it.

We've had multiple hiring cycles in the past where we get applauded by the media for some new hire that was gonna miraculously turn us around-- we all know what all that premature hoopla and celebration led to-- nothing but misery.

Maybe, just maybe, picking the least shiny object on the display case, for once, might just end up paying off in the long run.

It's certainly not a pulse pounding exciting move but what we need now more than anything is substance that produces results, not another sugar high.

Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

• Koolblue13 changed the title to Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC.
6 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

Absolutely underwhelming hire and illogical when you know you are drafting a rookie QB

An older defensive guy? This isn’t 2002 

Seems like it could've come down to Peters wanting to buy the groceries and Quinn was OK with that where other candidates may have wanted that control? Speculation on my part. 

What I’ve learned with this organization, when it is uninspiring it usually turns out good.  We need to give both coach and GM patience. This is a 3 -5 year rebuild. We need to start with analytics, scouting, facilities. 

Edited by OtisDriftwood25