Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

I imagine that somewhere Sherry Gruden is saying “you know it wouldn’t kill you to call them.” 

“they’ll laugh at me.”

”no they won’t, the worst they can say is no. Just call them, it’s not like anyone else wants the job.”

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

That is the 64K question I have asked several times.  There seems to be some issues with this FO/Advisory team or no one wants to coach here.  

No one wants to coach here. The stadium is a dump, the HQ is a Dump, the practice area is a dump. We think we are the hot chick with 75 million in cap and the number 2 pick. But are the ugly chick. 

• Thumb down 2

18 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

I know what you mean SIP, but this is just one facet of Peters’ role. Just because I might think he gets this one thing wrong by hiring Quinn doesn’t mean I don’t think he’ll be great at other things and ultimately a great GM.

Perfectly put in the parallels to Rivera, but honestly for all the things he may have in common with Rivera none of it is the reason I wouldn’t want him here.

My big problem is his productivity as a HC, nearly 100 games is a truly great sample size and it’s so underwhelming. I’ll add to that, that leadership aside I’m still yet to read or hear a truly compelling argument that Quinn can rebuild this franchise to compete, that unnerves me greatly.

But its all a perception game.

Some here are touting Weaver.  Finlay on air is talking about he's a fresh exciting choice.  And look maybe he is.  Or I can turn the argument on Weaver and say look he was a d coordinator for just one season, the team was dead last in points allowed and he hasn't gotten another D coordonator job again yet people think he will be a killer head coach?

Stack that against this run with Quinn...Yet Weaver is more exciting because he's new.  And look both dudes touted as leaders of men.  I'd back either choice.  

I get Quinn is the more boring choice but I'll trust the process.

Dallas' defense jumped from 28th in points allowed in 2020 to seventh in 2021, Quinn's first year as coordinator. The Cowboys led the league in interceptions that season and enjoyed All-Pro seasons out of rookie linebacker Micah Parsons and cornerback Trevon Diggs.

The Cowboys were fifth in the 2022 and 2023 regular seasons in points allowed under Quinn. Parsons, Diggs, and fellow Pro Bowlers DeMarcus Lawrence and DaRon Bland have kept the Cowboys as one of the best units in the league with a fast, aggressive style of defense.

Since Quinn took over the defense, the Cowboys rank fifth in points per game allowed and first in takeaways (93). This season the Cowboys are one of the best pass defenses in the league, ranking top-10 in yards allowed (fifth), touchdowns (10th), and interceptions (eighth). He's well-respected by players and was ranked third among defensive coordinators by the NFL Players' Association.

Given his recent success against NFL offenses and the development of multiple defensive players, it's no surprise Quinn's in the mix for another head coaching job.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/01/10/dan-quinn-coach-candidate-pete-carroll-news/72179647007/

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just want to win.

Like most of you, I wanted the shiny new toy as well, not a possible re-tread.

But I trust this ownership group, I trust the GM, so I am going to continue to trust that they come up with a good fit for us.  Only time will tell, not hand-wringing on the internet.

Like I said, I just want to win. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Or they have yet to be blown away by any of the interviewed candidates....

It this is the case, then we need a period of calm as an organisation, the last thing we should do right now is double down and offer a long term deal to somebody we’re not convinced by, then we’re in disaster territory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I don't think there is a "guy." We cast a wide net and are gathering as much intel as possible. Plans shifted a bit after Johnson cancelled yesterday. I think the plan was to always announce a coach sometime this week around today or tomorrow.

The speed at which to switch tact is quite impressive, I’ll give you that :ols:

Just now, Destino said:

I imagine that somewhere Sherry Gruden is saying “you know it wouldn’t kill you to call them.” 

“they’ll laugh at me.”

”no they won’t, the worst they can say is no. Just call them, it’s not like anyone else wants the job.”

Man oh man. I was so high after the Peters hire now I feel the exact opposite way.

What are we doing??????

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Current dream:

Commanders hire Macdonald and draft Maye.  Peters builds a bully in the trenches and on defense.

In 2026, Johnson and Slowik are still coordinators on their current teams and we have a playoff run that includes:

• Defeating Shanny/Trent and the 49ers in the Wildcard Round
  • Defeating Johnson and the Lions in the Divisional Round
  • Defeating Jerry and the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game
  • Defeating Slowik and the Texans in the Super Bowl

UPDATED dream:

Commanders hire Weaver and draft Maye.  Peters builds a bully in the trenches and on defense.

In 2026, Macdonald is still HC, and Johnson and Slowik are still coordinators on their current teams, and we have a playoff run that includes:

• Defeating Jerry and the Cowboys in the Wildcard Round
  • Defeating Johnson and the Lions in the Divisional Round
  • Defeating Macdonald and the Seahawks in the NFC Championship Game
  • Defeating Slowik and the Texans in the Super Bowl

I don't feel the that I have to like every move the new FO makes in order to give them the space and leeway to make their own success and mistakes.

Quinn is low on my list and I would not be stoked w/ his hire, but that does not mean I am out on new management in any kind of way. They are afforded the opportunity to sink or swim on their own merits first.

• Like 2

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

How they're not interviewing Vrabel makes no sense.  This is absurd.  I don't want to settle for Dan Quinn.

The longer this goes you have to think that Vrabel and BB become options? And they could even be two of the best options that have been sitting there all along? 

Think about it, is Quinn or Weaver a better head coach than Vrabel or Bellicheck? Or is the question are they better for this organization than MV or BB?

I have no real thoughts about Weaver or Glenn, except that it disturbs me that I use to control them in Madden and it bothers me that my Madden players could end up coaching the team. Aaron Glenn always felt too slow for me as a CB.

• Haha 1

This needs to be stickied:

Vrabel will not be interviewed by Peters. Vrabel and Titans GM Ron Carthon butted heads. Carthon and Peters are boys from their days together with the 49ers. The well is poisoned.

Please a mod sticky this or something lolol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, kingdaddy said:

The longer this goes you have to think that Vrabel and BB become options? And they could even be two of the best options that have been sitting there all along? 

Think about it, is Quinn or Weaver a better head coach than Vrabel or Bellicheck? Or is the question are they better for this organization than MV or BB?

Yes. BB is nothing without Tom. MV has been nothing without Arthur Smith. Quinn is nothing without Kyle. Weaver is the only decent option left. Only becuase he is an unknown.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Any chance the HC they want is on the KC or 49er staff and that’s delaying things?   And they are really really good at keeping it on the DL???

No chance. We would have heard something about it.