Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, SkinsFanPA said:

As much as some of us may have wanted Johnson, if he didn't want to be here, then that's fine with me.  I want someone who WANTS a chance to be a part of building something special...so don't panic, take your time, and find that guy.

Agreed. If his head/heart aren't in it, then move on.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well, Johnson removing himself does change the equation a bit. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they met with Slowik again. But I think we're going to go defensive HC now... which really boils my biscuits. 

A point being discussed on 106.7 and 980 is maybe Johnson wasn't the front runner for these two jobs post interviews.  Like I mentioned earlier today, his personality doesn't come off the type to win an interview against more leader of men-dynamic types of personality. 

And if this team in particular is looking for leadership-motivational skills -- maybe Johnson wasn't going to get it so say you are out before you don't get the actual job.  Keim mentioned the question is can Johnson command a room.  Considering Slowik has arguably even bigger questions on that same point and there seems to be ZERO buzz about him as to this job even after his 2nd interview -- am guessing nope.  But who knows?  Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I'm not sure, I'm not interviewing.

I'd like to see Slowik get more of a shake but there has to be a reason he's not, right?

Yeah, I'm not the speculative type either. We really don't have any idea what goes on behind closed doors. Doesn't feel like we're fighting for scraps yet, but this is a blow to the excitement and hope of the start of the Harris era.

Nothing is guaranteed, however. Whoever they pick might excel. Johnson may never amount to anything. Just has to play out. now.

If this is about money or us not wanting him, I'd like to hear Peters come out and say we decided to go with someone else. Only because this clown either wasted our time by leading us on and losing out on other potential candidates, or we weren't interested and he is now trying to make it sound like we lost out on him.

Edited by DCF

Just now, SkinsFanPA said:

As much as some of us may have wanted Johnson, if he didn't want to be here, then that's fine with me.  I want someone who WANTS a chance to be a part of building something special...so don't panic, take your time, and find that guy.

We don't know that... He might not of had this job.  we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.  

But perhaps he didn't want to be here.. he chose to bet on himself and try to get a ring with the Lions.  Time will tell if it was the right move for him.  Lions could very well fall off next year and he might not even get a HC interview.  Will see. 

Just now, Tress Is The Way said:

From what I am hearing from chatter is that slowik wants a QB 

MacD wants EB to let Howell develop.

So take that from what you will

MacD wants what?

• Haha 3

Just now, Tress Is The Way said:

From what I am hearing from chatter is that slowik wants a QB 

MacD wants EB to let Howell develop.

So take that from what you will

Any situation... any... that leaves EB on staff is a mark against this new franchise. It needs to be an entirely new start with the staff. There shouldn't be any hold overs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

31 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If he doesn’t believe he can build a Super Bowl winning team here with his choice of QB, then he wasn’t the guy. 

It’s a shame because the Lions won’t be back to that height next year. But he’ll end up in Philly or Dallas or something 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That’s disgusting, and I’m not insane enough to believe EB remains as OC.

But I’m sure there’s some truth to how this impacts filling out a staff.

Idk man , Ron wanted Howell to start and our OL stunk. We saw what happened when Brisett played I think it’s a little unfair to judge Eric B. It took Kyle and Mcvay another year to develop a good offense and it takes time .

• Thumb down 1

Just now, DCF said:

If this is about money or us not wanting him, I'd like to hear Peters come out and say we decided to go with someone else. Only because this clown either wasted our time by leading us on and losing out on other potential candidates, or we weren't interest and he is now trying to make it sound like we lost out on him.

I think you're taking this personally. Lol

We dont need to hear Peters say anything.  We arent stock holders, he doesnt owe us any explanation.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not sure, I'm not interviewing.

I'd like to see Slowik get more of a shake but there has to be a reason he's not, right?

He already got a 2nd interview.  And Peters worked with him in SF and can talk to a million people who know him at SF.  I think Slowik might be the most digested of all of these candidates.

Not saying he's out.  I got no idea.  But he's the dude who up to now has continued to be omitted as a serious candidate.  But will see.

Feels like its McDonald versus Quinn if judging purely on buzz. 

2 minutes ago, Xameil said:

If he was, I doubt we'd be second interviewing as many as we have been.

We've got so many opposing tweets from football pundits about him being a lock or not. He got so many interviews just to stay in Detroit 🤔

Let's move on asap, I'm confident this FO will find the right guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Any situation... any... that leaves EB on staff is a mark against this new franchise. It needs to be an entirely new start with the staff. There shouldn't be any hold overs.

I could see us retaining the ST coach.  Our teams have been OK relatively speaking.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Will see Keim still hasn't been wrong. :ols:  He was the leader of don't count Ben as a slam dunk.  His podcast today titled Not Ben Johnson.

He thinks EB is out.  

• Like 1