Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

It's pretty wild that we very likely will have plucked our two preferred hires here.  Top GM, and top first-time head coach (It's probably fair to say Harbaugh was the top of all coaches, but not the best fit for what we're trying to build).  Incredible. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Listening to and watching Ben Johnson reminds me of Tom Brady. Dude be smiling and his words, his looks and demeanor are like Brady.  LOL

Please, PLEASE Seattle.....Take Quinn off our hands!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

36 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

We all need therapy after living through the previous owner.

No need to fear my friends!

I've been scouring the net 24/7 for any sign of the little rotten scoundrel.

Sleep easy my friends good old CITR is constantly on the watch making sure evil Danny boy doesn't try any last minute shenanigans.

Heh heh heh...I’ll catch him when he does, says I, hee hee.

I must admit though that recently it’s gotten so hard trying to keep my old eyes open all night that I had to reassign  my nursing and control staff here at the asylum to make sure I'm always alert.

I just wish they’d get the music right…I mean who doesn’t prefer ‘Hail To The Redskins’ to Beethoven…

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

It's incredible. What a time to be a fan of this team. It's probably how people felt when Gibbs first came and started winning games, only there was no internet then.

I ****ing love this ****.

Or how most people felt before the 2000 season, new Owner replacing the old man who hadn't done anything for most of a decade, almost got to the NFCCG, then have 2 top 5 picks which turn into Samuels and Arrington!!! All those FA signings!!!

Championship!!!

Hopefully the new guys get it right this time!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Or how most people felt before the 2000 season, new Owner replacing the old man who hadn't done anything for most of a decade, almost got to the NFCCG, then have 2 top 5 picks which turn into Samuels and Arrington!!! All those FA signings!!!

Championship!!!

Excitement was probably warranted then too, but I'm going to bet on the idea that Dan was exceptional, in an exceedingly negative way.  It's not every ownership change that a true franchise-ruiner shows up on your doorstep (for example, Tepper seems like he sucks bad but I don't think he will be Dan level of dooming for that franchise), so I'm gonna wager that doesn't happen again.

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Championship!!!

I think the first warning sign from Snyder came after he hired a boob like Vinny Cerrato to make roster decisions. Thank goodness Harris avoided doing something that dumb!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Sleep easy my friends good old CITR is constantly on the watch making sure evil Danny boy doesn't try any last minute shenanigans.

No need for that. John Mara is always watching us. Some things will never change. Yes, I'm still bitter. F... Mara.

john-mara-e1553621563411.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Gonna be great when we can get on to Johnson's coordinators

I'm wondering if they will promote Fraley or Engstrand to OC since I don't read any coaching search from them on the net ?

Edited by FrFan

2 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

No need for that. John Mara is always watching us. Some things will never change. Yes, I'm still bitter. F... Mara.

I still, for the life of me, don't understand how he got away with punishing us with "the spirit of the cap" bull****.   It's completely lawless and unbelievable to me that it was allowed to stand.  

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

He still reminds me of Pigeon Toady from "Storks."

Toady.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

I still, for the life of me, don't understand how he got away with punishing us with "the spirit of the cap" bull****.   It's completely lawless and unbelievable to me that it was allowed to stand.  

"At supper that night, when Aunt Polly is out of the room, Sid accidentally breaks the sugar bowl. Tom is pleased because now the precious Sid will be punished, but when Aunt Polly sees the broken dish, she whips Tom until he points out that Sid broke it. Although Aunt Polly is sorry, she claims that Tom has probably done something deserving of a belting."  

Probably applies to Dan Snyder.

• Thumb up 1

I read that CEO Rich McKay will no longer be involved in football operations for the Atlanta Falcons. I wonder if all this came to a head when they were considering Bill Belichick as a head coach. It sounds to me like there was some sort of infighting going on.

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Around 30 other owners voted for it. They also got the NFLPA to agree by adding the amount back into the player pool of the cap. Rule 1 of ownership is protect profits and the other owners.

That’s why no one made an offer to trade for Lamar as well. After Haslam gave the fully guaranteed deal to Watson, the owners were pissed and put an end to it going forward.

The Brian Flores lawsuit is also a disaster hanging in the background. I’m pretty certain Roger called the other owners and they started twisting the arms of Kraft, Blank and the others in this hiring season to improve optics.

End of the day it’s about growing revenue and franchise value for all them. They are partners in a venture that has made all of them multibillions. Colluding on abiding by a cap in an uncapped year or not giving out fully guaranteed deals is price of entry to the club. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

He bribed the other teams with extra cap space

44 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think the first warning sign from Snyder came after he hired a boob like Vinny Cerrato to make roster decisions. Thank goodness Harris avoided doing something that dumb!

Are you insinuating that Vinny was basically Snyder's boob job?   kind of a funny way to look at especially with his buggy eyes

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Surely the plan is that we are thinking about throwing a **** load of money at Quinn to be Assistant HC/DC

Seattle is such a curveball in this scenario. I’ve thought Quinn would be the perfect successor for Carrol, assuming they want to go a similar route. 

3 hours ago, MartinC said:

He also called all the plays that got then to a Super Bowl and within one snap of winning it.

Johnson would be the defacto OC. He will be designing the offense and likely calling plays - so his OC is more likely a younger guy from his tree. Much more likely he wants a vet DC who can run that side of the ball while he focuses on offense.

Absolutely!  And he got a ring the year before.   All 7 of his seasons as OC in Seattle were winning seasons.   He is currently working under offensive which Mike McDaniel, and has worked with QBs favre, Wilson, Lawrence, Stafford and Tua.  Players respect him.  He has a good resume and a ton of experience.  Maybe he would be good for us bc he is not likely to be poached as a HC due to the fact he is not a shiny, new up and coming OC, and he isn't calling plays.

The reason my first reaction was "please no" is I remember Seahawks fans complaining about Bevell towards the end of his tenure.  It was probably tainted by his infamous play call, but people expected more out of an offense with Wilson/lynch/lockett/Baldwin/Graham.  And their problem certainly wasn't the defense back in those days.

"This week the Seattle Seahawks made many fans ecstatic when they fired both offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and assistant head coach/offensive line coach Tom Cable. Many fans saw the firings as long overdue for a pair they believe have underperformed with the assets the Seahawks have been given on the field"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2018/1/12/16882394/seattle-seahawks-following-herd-fire-bevell-cable-offensive-coordinator-line-miss-playoffs

We’re coming down the stretch with just two head coach openings left—and both of those are at a critical point. So let’s break those down.

The Seattle Seahawks had their old defensive coordinator Dan Quinn in through Thursday, and Quinn stayed overnight until Friday. Seattle was going to interview Raheem Morris on Friday, but he’s since taken the Atlanta Falcons job. Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero is on the slate for Saturday. They had New York Giants OC Mike Kafka and Las Vegas Raiders DC Patrick Graham come in last week.

Quinn’s very highly thought of with the Seahawks brass, so they could certainly finalize things with him, but I’ve heard GM John Schneider wants to go through a full and complete process. So Seattle’s interest in Detroit Lions OC Ben Johnson (who they could interview next week) and Baltimore Ravens DC Mike Macdonald (who they can’t, because it’d be a first interview) likely causes them to wait until next week.

Meanwhile, the Washington Commanders are going to ramp things up over the weekend by sending a contingent to Detroit to meet with Johnson and Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn on Monday, with Quinn set to travel to Washington on Monday night to meet with the Commanders on Tuesday.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ntotoro said:

If Grant and his toadies are pulling for Quinn, then it must be a woeful idea.

Grant and Danny are definitely not pulling for Quinn.  All week they've whined about it, called it a similar hire to Rivera.  But they like Logan Paulsen and repeated what Logan said on their show. 

• Like 1