Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Doc is literally "ok boomer" personified. With that said, he says some funny stuff sometimes. I find him amusing during the season just hearing his random rants and ravings. "YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH" "YOU GOTTA WANT IT". He's exactly what a lot of people on this board would probably want in our future coach lolol.

This, Doc is pretty harmless.

Craig Hoffman and Grant Paulson are the one's who get on my nerves. These two get on the mic speaking like they played/coached in the NFL and had a better career than Tom Brady 😛

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 7

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

People who say it’s just Lance are missing the point. Look at his last few years at Broncos. Again I am not against Peters but I don’t see the slam dunk.

Compared to Vinny, Bruce, Ron, the Marty's, hell I'd be a slam dunk......

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Craig Hoffman and Grant Paulson are the one's who get on my nerves. Thise two get on the mic speaking like they played/coached in the NFL and had a better career than Tom Brady 😛

I don't know what it is about Hoffman, but I can't stand listening to him. He ranks right up there with that "give me two minutes" douchebag Snider guy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Craig Hoffman and Grant Paulson are the one's who get on my nerves. Thise two get on the mic speaking like they played/coached in the NFL and had a better career than Tom Brady 😛

At more times then not it’s Hoffman who just dominates the podcast … I used to watch them on YT but very little anymore for that reason 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

People who say it’s just Lance are missing the point. Look at his last few years at Broncos. Again I am not against Peters but I don’t see the slam dunk.

Every single GM out there misses more than they hit. Every single one. So your argument can be used against every GM that has ever been a part of the game and will be a part of the game in the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I desperately need a gif of a former president saying "he's practicing fuzzy math."  Yes, no politics in the stadium. And yes, Presidents are inherently political. But I think we can all agree that a 24 year old quote which is funny and applicable and has nothing to do with actual politics would be ok. At least, that's my hope.  

That said, I can't find the gif and that makes me sad.  

So, no gif.  But damn that's some fuzzy math.  

flat750x075f-pad750x1000f8f8f8.jpg.1b630cc2174acda8790472a618b0f2d4.jpg

• Thanks 2

Just now, DazedSkinsfan said:

I don't know what it is about Hoffman, but I can't stand listening to him. He ranks right up there with that "give me two minutes" douchebag Snider guy

Hoffman is the rare media guy with the balls to call out team personnel to their face. Listen to his interview with Tommy Sheppard last year where he destroyed him live

• Like 1

Just now, spjunkies said:

I don't mind Doc either I think he can be funny at times. I would agree about Grant Paulson and Craig Hoffman. I can remember Grant was doing an interview with the backup QB from Carolina talking about carrying momentum over from the following season, and Grant chimes in and says he doesn't think that momentum can be carried over from the following season. I I just that was so arrogant for him to say that when he hasn't played at all. I get that Grant has been doing sports media since he was like 10 years old but when you have an athlete that is saying something you do not have to contradict him like that in my opinion.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The reporter should have also understood since 1969 the Steelers are one of the most successful organizations and had 3 HCs of more than 10 years.  

Dumbass thing ro write.  

Or that the most successful organizations in recent years, not just the steelers, have primarily been the most stable ones: Pittsburgh, New England, SF, KC (sort of). It's an old saw that's generally accurate across sports, but probably isn't nearly as accurate in a league where most players careers average out to 3-4 years, tops. 

2 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I liked him as a beat guy and fill in host, but him being the permanent host has worked my nerves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, method man said:

Hoffman is the rare media guy with the balls to call out team personnel to their face. Listen to his interview with Tommy Sheppard last year where he destroyed him live

Missed that one, I'll check it out,  I don't listen to much of the media so my sample size is small lol

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Doc is literally "ok boomer" personified. With that said, he says some funny stuff sometimes. I find him amusing during the season just hearing his random rants and ravings. "YOU GOTTA BE TOUGH" "YOU GOTTA WANT IT". He's exactly what a lot of people on this board would probably want in our future coach lolol.

The most Doc Walker exchange ever was from 2012, and for the life of me, I can't remember who it was who was the Saint who basically called him a posing idiot on the air. 

As you might know, Doc tried to be a knockoff version of Chris Berman.  Say what you want about Boomer, but in the 80's and 90's, he WAS ESPN.  Players begged to get a Berman nickname. Having a Berman nickname was a sign that you arrived as an athlete.  He revolutionized the way you called highlights.  He was absolutely amazing. Along the way, he kindof became a caricature of himself.  But for a solid 2 decades, he was THE MAN.  

And Doc tried to come up with nicknames like Berman.  Except, he is an idiot.  So he basically had one nickname.  The Caveman.  

The original Caveman was Mike Sellers.  However, in 2012, he needed a nickname for Lorenzo Alexander. And Sellers was gone.  So he started to refer to Lorenzo as the Caveman.

And he was doing a hit on radio, and talking to somebody, and he kept mentioning "the caveman" and REFUSED to use the players name.  And finally, whoever the host was said something like, "I thought the Caveman was Mike Sellers.  Who's the Caveman?"  

And I died laughing.  I'm actually a ghost because I died that day.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Grant and Not Funny Danny are the two most worthless things on that station. Have they had a Kurt Cousins lovefest since his Achilles tear?

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

And Doc tried to come up with nicknames like Berman.  Except, he is an idiot.  So he basically had one nickname.  The Caveman.  

The original Caveman was Mike Sellers.  However, in 2012, he needed a nickname for Lorenzo Alexander. And Sellers was gone.  So he started to refer to Lorenzo as the Caveman.

He did have one more: he called Ray Brown the Polar Bear... :rofl89:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Burgundy Blog who claims to be an insider on twitter, he's hit and miss from what I recall, he's been beating the drum for weeks that he's heard Cunningham is their guy.

i am rooting for Peters.  But Cunningham seems a good get, too.

And the other real insiders like Keim seem to think Peters has the edge granted that was preinterview.

Do we know why he's so well thought of? I don't get it. Lol, okay, I get it, finally got off my rear and wiki'd him, before joining the Bears a year ago, he was with Philly and Baltimore. Philly for 4 years ('17-'21) and Baltimore for 8 ('08-'16). Can't tell if there's a weird gap after he left Baltimore, or if he left for a promotion.

Okay, this is the best I've felt in terms of new hires in the FO since McCloughan, and I think its gonna be a better hire than McCloughan because its not simply based on magical scouting skills and partially compromised by potential addiction issues. 

Going in, it looks like the best hire since Beathard, and these guys (in my view anyway) have a sounder approach than Beathard (but Beathard gets his worthy props for success in Miami, Washington and San Diego, I just didn't necessarily love his approach, especially with draft capital). 

13 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

You do realize he wasn't the one making the ultimate call on drafting players, right?  Especially when it comes to QBs.

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What? Nobody is loving Trey Lance. There are fans here who don't want to hire Adam Peters because he may have been involved in trading up to draft Lance.

Okay good then.  I still want Peters.  Everyone has misses, front officing is hard, and he appears to have hit on Purdy.  The 49ers' roster right now is ****ing loaded. 

41 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Reminds me of the aspects of the NFL that are so lazy. Is he considered a genius because they made a great trade with Carolina? The trade for Sweat was beyond idiotic. So that while not nixing the value of the Carolina trade, certainly hurt it a bit. I can understand the Niners. I don't get the bears at all. They've been total --- for years. 1 nice trade, beyond that, ---. 

He’s been in Chicago for two minutes. His time with the Ravens and Eagles is why he’s coveted. It’s why he got the AGM job with the Bears. But he hasn’t been there long at all. He comes from better pedigree than that. 

(I much prefer Peters)

18 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Do we know why he's so well thought of? I don't get it. Lol, okay, I get it, finally got off my rear and wiki'd him, before joining the Bears a year ago, he was with Philly and Baltimore. Philly for 4 years ('17-'21) and Baltimore for 8 ('08-'16). Can't tell if there's a weird gap after he left Baltimore, or if he left for a promotion.

Okay, this is the best I've felt in terms of new hires in the FO since McCloughan, and I think its gonna be a better hire than McCloughan because its not simply based on magical scouting skills and partially compromised by potential addiction issues. 

Going in, it looks like the best hire since Beathard, and these guys (in my view anyway) have a sounder approach than Beathard (but Beathard gets his worthy props for success in Miami, Washington and San Diego, I just didn't necessarily love his approach, especially with draft capital). 

I think he was also a scout for some of the early KC team's that were really good.

57 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Such disrespect lol

Greg Roman is acknowledged as a savant when it comes to the run game. He faces criticism because Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor, and Lamar Jackson didn't excel as passers in his offense. Best of luck passing for 4500 plus yards with that array of names. It's worth noting he worked with Jackson and Kaepernick when they were still early in their careers.

EB comparison is off base lol 

Its tough to excel as a passer when you only throw 20 times a game and thats normally only when everything else has failed.

Thats hyperbole to an extent, but Roman clearly based his offense around the run game with the pass built off that. Nothing wrong with that to some extent, but its not where the modern NFL is.