Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t even like hearing the rumor of Harris having explored trading for Bill B.  I pray that’s not true, it’s so Snyderish it’s scary.  

Its BS. Teams still like to link these crazy rumors to us because there is still a Snyder aura which won't go away still for quite some time.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Its BS. Teams still like to link these crazy rumors to us because there is still a Snyder aura which won't go away still for quite some time.

I’m pretty confident of that as well, still just hate hearing any remotely reputable source put that into the atmosphere, at any level.

Its odd to say that the thought of a six time Super Bowl champ head coach makes me vomit, but it does.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me Halaby would be an interesting choice for Harris in particular for better or worse because Harris' fans and critics focus on anayltics.  His fans likes that he uses it as a tool.  His critics think his GM is too much an analytics guy and that's why the 76ers haven't reached the pinnacle.  Personally, I don't know.  I follow the Yankees and the story about their demise by some who cover them is over reliance on anayltics.  

So is short, if we are became the first team in the NFL run by an anayltics guy -- then to me Halaby's personality-drive-ability to listen and work to others would be key for me.  And I got no idea how he would fare on that front.    So to me it would be all about the interview and background check.  Because I know I definitely don't want anayltics to trump traditional scouting. 

It’s going to be important to have a good scouting department and a good analytics department going forward. I’d be for more of a 50/50 balance, as opposed to one trumping the other. Not sure that the background of the GM matters, just that he is able to use the information from both effectively. I guess that’s kind of what you’re saying.

with the demise of the Yankees, a lot of it has to do with so many other teams now are willing to spend as much as they do. The Yankees have been wise to move toward more of a balance with analytics and building from within. Understandable that it’s hard for Yankees fans/media to be patient with it, but they are probably doing the right thing. The days of buying their way to titles are likely over.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m pretty confident of that as well, still just hate hearing any remotely reputable source put that into the atmosphere, at any level.

Its odd to say that the thought of a six time Super Bowl champ head coach makes me vomit, but it does.

Somebody is going to hire him, and we are looking for a coach next year. I agree it’s a Snyder move, but an early Snyder move. More recent Snyder, a guy like Belichick wouldn’t consider working for him. Of course anything that smells like a Snyder move is going to make us all queasy. But at the same time, it’s good to know that the rumor mill would tie a Hall of Fame caliber coach to our team. In recent years, I don’t think anybody would have thought we would be on a guy like Belichick‘s list.

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t even like hearing the rumor of Harris having explored trading for Bill B.  I pray that’s not true, it’s so Snyderish it’s scary.  

I think its one of those things that people cant help but spread rumors and talk about this team because for the last 30 years the rumors where basically the tame version of what was really happening. You almost couldn't make up something egregious enough. 

I cant imagine that we pull something like that and expect the fans not to burn the stadium to the ground. 

3 hours ago, Dexter said:

EB is going to get his shot to take over this team and I think he gets a chance this year as interim coach.  The offense has not lacked fire and intensity this year.  EB has produced and he's intense and precise.

Magic LOVES winners and EB has won Super Bowls.  Magic LOVES production and execution.  I guarantee EB will get Magic's endorsement.  If EB can prove to bring in a good staff then it is a no-brainer to me.  I would let EB call the offense as usual but having him be the voice of the team could take this team to a new level.

Just a waiting game....EB is our guy.

Say, EB gets the interim job.  Unless, he dramatically improves the defense; he's likely to finish with only a win or two.  That won't help him land a permanent gig, whether that's here or elsewhere.  If EB wants a shot at head coaching in 23, it's probably best for him not to take over as interim. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Not a fan of the rumors around hiring Belichick as a GM/HC. 

First he’s 71. Unbelievable track record but that’s the past. Achieved almost entirely with a HOF QB who is possibly the best to ever play the position. 

As a coach I’d prefer to hire someone (much) younger with an offensive background. Someone who can build around Howell for the long term.

But my big issue with this would be the GM side.

New England’s draft and personnel decisions have been poor over the last few years. They have a roster, especially on offense, that lacks talent. 

Count me as not excited at all by the idea of Belichick coming here. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Wouldn't like the idea of BB coming here.   Wouldn't want to give up the draft capital we just attained to flush it away on a head coach who will want way too much power in the personnel role, which he hasn't excelled in.    There needs to be a new GM brought in, and that GM gets to make the decision and hire the new coach.   Lets do this right for once.   Trading for BB screams of a Daniel Snyder move.  

Colin Cowherd is saying Bill B. could land in Washington.  Cowherd said Bill B. would be a disaster to hire.

Also he does not believe Sam Howell is the answer at quarterback.  I believe we can win with Howell and do without Bill B.

I want a young Joe Gibbs.  He has to be out there already coaching for an NFL team.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Pauline doesn’t post that much, but tends to have a high hit rate.  Very reliable…

For those who don't click on it, interesting that Kafka and Martindale might get cut considering last off seasoin both were talked about as HC candidates

As one source told me, the goal in Washington is to “get rid of the Daniel Snyder stench”. Obviously this means a complete cleansing of the front office and coaching staff at the end of the season, if not beforehand.

So what does owner Josh Harris have planned for the Commanders?

Harris, who has a basketball background and was managing partner for a group that purchased the Philadelphia 76ers in 2011, has reached out to people in the NBA on structuring the Washington Commanders’ front office similar to what we see in the NBA. They have consulted with former 76ers star Elton Brand on the potential future setup of the front office. Sources speculate that the new organization won’t be as cutthroat as the Snyder regime and could offer players a voice in decision-making.

...After firing Joe Judge in 2021, CEO and team President John Mara said he was looking for continuity in the front office and head-coaching positions. Firing general manager Joe Schoen and head coach Brian Daboll in year two goes against that strategy, especially considering the team made the playoffs in 2022, as previously mentioned.

What is expected is the release of assistant coaches and the coordinators. Few expect defensive coordinator Wink Martindale or offensive coordinator Mike Kafka to be retained. People from Kafka’s team confide in me that they don’t expect the former college quarterback to survive.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

8 hours ago, Dexter said:

EB is going to get his shot to take over this team and I think he gets a chance this year as interim coach.  The offense has not lacked fire and intensity this year.  EB has produced and he's intense and precise.

Magic LOVES winners and EB has won Super Bowls.  Magic LOVES production and execution.  I guarantee EB will get Magic's endorsement.  If EB can prove to bring in a good staff then it is a no-brainer to me.  I would let EB call the offense as usual but having him be the voice of the team could take this team to a new level.

Just a waiting game....EB is our guy.

Could be but I don't think it will be till next year. I think they let Rivera retire at end of year out of respect.

Listened to Breer just now.    in short it came off as to Belichick, that its not something he had a direct source on but its a rumor in his circles.  And he thinks that Belichick might be willing to give up personnel control.   And it could be in a football Czar role. 

My guess still is no considering Keim (and Sheehan now) said they heard they'd hire the GM who would hire the coach.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Breer just now.    in short it came off as to Belichick, that its not something he had a direct source on but its a rumor in his circles.  And he thinks that Belichick might be willing to give up personnel control.   And it could be in a football Czar role. 

Yep I could see that being appealing to the new ownership group. The idea of a trade is off though. I suspect Belichick and NE mutually agree to part ways.

52 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yep I could see that being appealing to the new ownership group. The idea of a trade is off though. I suspect Belichick and NE mutually agree to part ways.

I heard Sheehan double down about an hour ago that he doubts it as for Belichick, said again he hears they go for a GM first.

I don't doubt Breer heard this about Belichick but i also wonder if this is Kraft or Belichick doing these rumors.  Kraft because he might want compensation.  Belichick to come off like he's in demand.

• Like 3