Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: I Can't Think of a Witty Giant Pun

KDawg

God this is such a ****ty situation we are in.  Everyone and their mother knows we need to fire the coaching staff, but we absolutely can't.  And he knows that and so he will eek out a few more wins to make his case to stay 

, and we lose potentially great drafting spots for the next round of coaches.   Man this absolutely ****ing sucks!!!!

56 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This ****ing play. We are actually in max protect, but nobody knows who they should block. BRob absolutely fails to pick up the blitzer. The play call has Howell turn away from the ****ing pass rush? WTF would you call that? And why even play action? Nobody gives two ****s about us possible running the ball. We're completely one dimensional. Everyone knew we were going to pass. Sam does the right and only thing he can do and throws it away, but doesn't get enough on it and it should have been a pick six.

I really can't remember an offense this poorly coached here, since Spurrier. 

And I thought Turner running 7 step drops with Heinicke on our goal line last year at home vs the Giants was bad.  This makes that look like a work of art.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

God this is such a ****ty situation we are in.  Everyone and their mother knows we need to fire the coaching staff, but we absolutely can't.  And he knows that and so he will eek out a few more wins to make his case to stay 

, and we lose potentially great drafting spots for the next round of coaches.   Man this absolutely ****ing sucks!!!!

Why can’t we? The Colts fired Reich last year and brought in Jeff Saturday for the laughs.

No reason we couldn’t throw London Fletcher in there for 11 weeks.

I’m half joking. But only half.

• Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Why can’t we? The Colts fired Reich last year and brought in Jeff Saturday for the laughs.

I'm half on board with this plan lol

13 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

listened to Ron's presser. About as you'd expect. A lot of "I really believe"...." sprinkled in with the deflections. Young QB, new offense. We just need to make one play. We were in that game like the Philly one. If you go back and look at history, things get better.

How many times did he say the word 'details"?

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If we need someone to watch the games unable to actually influence the game, but shout 'stop them' or "make a play for Gods sake" and occasionally abuse officials for blatant incompetence - thats basically what I have been doing every Sunday for decades. Its also basically what Ron seems to do. 

I'd be prepared to take the temporary pay cut to step in ...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

This ****ing play. We are actually in max protect, but nobody knows who they should block. BRob absolutely fails to pick up the blitzer. The play call has Howell turn away from the ****ing pass rush? WTF would you call that? And why even play action? Nobody gives two ****s about us possible running the ball. We're completely one dimensional. Everyone knew we were going to pass. Sam does the right and only thing he can do and throws it away, but doesn't get enough on it and it should have been a pick six.

This is where i get confused. This looks like the players just ****ing suck to me. Like Gates touches no one. The TE (Thomas?) is in to chip and does nothing. RT does normal RT things and gets his ass beat. Howell runs INTO the endzone? All of this against a ****ty pass rush that they knew was coming. 

You call that because if everyone hits a guy there is no one left to hit Sam. But like 3 people completely whiffed. That is not how the play is designed obviously. But if they run it correctly like one would hope they do in practice, then this is an easy play to make. The RB is right there for the check down by himself. I mean they have 6 guys in to stop 5. They should have won on that play. I don't think that's a play calling issue. The only way that is EBs fault is if they just don't ****ing practice and that doesn't sound like his thing so I have a hard time believing it. 

This is why I'm confused. The play calling is trash most times, honestly. I have accepted that. But this right here seems like the right call at the right time and it still failed.  Then i read stuff like this: 

Is it possible the players just don't ****ing get the protections?

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

How many times did he say the word 'details"?

If we need someone to watch the games unable to actually influence the game, but shout 'stop them' or "make a play for Gods sake" and occasionally abuse officials for blatant incompetence - thats basically what I have been doing every Sunday for decades. Its also basically what Ron seems to do. 

I'd be prepared to take the temporary pay cut to step in ...

alloutofideas.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Is it possible the players just don't ****ing get the protections?

I think like the LBs and DBs, the OL is for lack of a better phrase, out of position before the snap. Add in that there that most of our OL are probably backup level talent. There isn't an athletic freak who can overcome a bad call against a Defense that is attacking your weakness, knowing you aren't ready for it. 

• Like 1

Eagles casually add All Pro players for fun. 

Meanwhile, we have the hall monitors at the nursing home running our front office. 

I hate it here so much 

It’s infuriating to be in the same division as the Eagles. They are absurdly better than us at everything football related. It’s like watching Apple competing with geriatric cavemen on how to build a watch. It’s literally unfair. It’s gross. It pisses me off to no end. Even when they miss, they quickly pivot and dump their failed assets on another stupid ass team. 

Meanwhile we debate over 5th round QBs and middling/****ty/whatever the **** adjective you want to use Olineman and overrated Dlinemen. Struggling just to win 8 damn games. 

Literally makes my blood boil. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

CRod is the starting back. I don't care about draft status and perspective and history and whatever. he's the better back. 

Yeah....the Gibson and Robinson picks are wasted draft capital. I miss the Shanahan days....give us a day 3 RB.

I think most of us have seen good vision > physical attributes. 

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Both players that shouldn't be starting next year. 

Throw them on IR. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

giphy2.gif

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

SIP, Thanks for the injury information.  Fortunately, if necessary, I think Charles can be replaced. IMHO I feel Stromberg and/or Paul can do about as well as Charles.

As for MLB, Washington is already thin at LB, so not having  Barton available could create problems.  Mayo has the scheme knowledge, but can't cover the territory Barton was asked to cover.

From what I saw in the games, I strongly feel that Barton (yes, I know folks revile his performance) had to also be covering for some of Jamin Davis' shortcomings. So Barton's absence will be noted because he was asked to cover all the traditional LB'er duties, to free up Davis to use his speed to handle short-zone coverage, or pass rushing the QB, or spying the mobile QBs that Washington faced.  I'm not sure Mayo will be able to do that tough task as well.  (In this weird scheme, Barton wound up with lot of responsibility and territory and had to be the primary on covering multiple gaps, while Davis figured out that the play was a run instead of a pass, or QB-scramble.)

As I recall, Mayo is a poor replacement for Barton, at least speedwise, and there will be little help from Davis who I've observed is not a good tackler, and actually whiffs alot!  (I'll grant that Davis is okay at entangling QBs and WRs, but he's not that good bringing down RBs. Look at the game-film and you'll see who was really diving into the tackling pile..and PFF  stats aside ... that was usually was Curl or Barton, but not Davis who'd ventually lope in the end, tand over the pile, and maybe rack up credit for an assist.)

To be clear, I wasn't a big fan of signing Barton, but it bothers me to see how  he gets vilified while everyone thinks Davis is doing so great.  We need the linebackers, but I'm hoping they can trade the supposedly valuable Davis at some point -- from what I see in the game-videos, he really doesn't give 100%

Edited by Wyvern

9 minutes ago, Silvernon said:

Yeah....the Gibson and Robinson picks are wasted draft capital. I miss the Shanahan days....give us a day 3 RB.

Gibson and Robinson have zero threat of breaking one for the house. Safeties and linebackers can fly up and now worry about getting beat. I'm sure opposing teams know this and that's why we can't run worth a ****. C Rod should be the starter and Robinson should be the short yards guy. Gibson, not really sure what to do with him. Again, awful, awful draft picks. Third round is perfect for IOL or LB.  

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

To me, that play is almost all on Gates.  DT cuts across his face so Gates should be putting his left hand on him and focusing on the gap the DT left behind.  Instead he fully engages the DT and misses the blitzing LB as a result.  I don’t put blame on Howell, but he also arcs his drop toward where the Giants are showing 3 rushers against our two OL.  A straight drop (if Gates picks up the blitzer) and he’s got the quick throw to the back in the flat one on one vs a backer.  Probably gains positive yards and gets a lot more if he gets free of the backer.  Perhaps if Howell drops straight back he hits the hot route (and likely gets smoked in the process) even w/o Gates’ mistake, but again, I can’t put the blame on Howell when Gates let his guy go free.

The TE moves across the line to the numbers mismatch (one of the rushers winds up dropping though)… maybe if he stayed more square to the LOS he sees the blitzer and slows him down?  IMO though, he read it right initially at least.

Point being, although the whole play looks like a fiasco, it’s one player making one bad play that causes the breakdown.  No telling if Howell executes properly if the blitzer is picked up of course.  I would like to see him getting to his hot route quicker/more consistently in general.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

I am not seeing this team eeking out a few more wins. One or two more maybe. We are healthier than 90% of the teams in the league. And we still suck ass. The only silver lining to this season is we are literally 10 weeks away from the complete and total rebuild this team is going to get. A TRUE rebuild that many of us have been begging for for 25 years. It is coming. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

To me, that play is almost all on Gates.  DT cuts across his face so Gates should be putting his left hand on him and focusing on the gap the DT left behind.  Instead he fully engages the DT and misses the blitzing LB as a result.  I don’t put blame on Howell, but he also arcs his drop toward where the Giants are showing 3 rushers against our two OL.  A straight drop (if Gates picks up the blitzer) and he’s got the quick throw to the back in the flat one on one vs a backer.  Probably gains positive yards and gets a lot more if he gets free of the backer.  Perhaps if Howell drops straight back he hits the hot route (and likely gets smoked in the process) even w/o Gates’ mistake, but again, I can’t put the blame on Howell when Gates let his guy go free.

The TE moves across the line to the numbers mismatch (one of the rushers winds up dropping though)… maybe if he stayed more square to the LOS he sees the blitzer and slows him down?  IMO though, he read it right initially at least.

Point being, although the whole play looks like a fiasco, it’s one player making one bad play that causes the breakdown.  No telling if Howell executes properly if the blitzer is picked up of course.  I would like to see him getting to his hot route quicker/more consistently in general.

That's what I'm saying I don't think this is a bad play or call - I think the players just blew it. I want to give more blame to the TE but your break down makes sense....if he saw the overload on that side its probably his responsibility to provide help anyway. The C just has to pick up the blitz and Sam has to make the play. Its there to be made imo