Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

12 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees that he can play. But is it to an elite level that you need in this league to really be competing for SBs? Don’t see it. 

Hard to say that after 7 starts though. Lets see where Sam is at the end of the season. He is currently better than half of the trash QB's that are starting in this league RIGHT NOW. Yes his pocket awareness is a problem. But that can be worked around with scheme some. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I hear yea, the progress is we won, even after a bad lose and trying to give this one away in the road.

Being up 14 points the last quarter is a good place to be even against a bad team.

I don’t see how that matters when another regime will be coming in. Rivera’s staff being able to do this on their way out the door doesn’t say anything about what the future organization and rosters will be able to do. It’s not like it’s a culture-building win for our long term staff and players. 

• Like 1

Just now, Commander PK said:

The big thing is if we can be 5-4 and then go on one of those patented mid-season streaks we are good at….might even make it…gasp….to a 10 win season.

Which I don't believe alone saves Rivera's job, but would nice to see for a change as a fan.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

I don’t think anyone disagrees that he can play. But is it to an elite level that you need in this league to really be competing for SBs? Don’t see it. 

I don't think anyone can disagree with what we have with Howell until we have a legit OL to allow him to throw the ball with  more ease and not be under constant duress after every snap. 

• Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

I don’t see how that matters when another regime will be coming in. Rivera’s staff being able to do this on their way out the door doesn’t say anything about what the future organization and rosters will be able to do. It’s not like it’s a culture-building win for our long term staff and players. 

Is that your opinion or a fact the players in that building would agree with?

Regimes can change even when expectations don't.  We can upgrade the stadium even with it being one of the worst in the NFL.

Bad habits absolutely can follow players if they don't correct them, why is rather someone like Forbes turn it around even if this is the only season he plays under JDR.

Same with Howell, same with EB...its Jn our best interest they get better as season goes on, regardless of what changes around them.

To me, this is about hoping for as few holes that need to be filled going into next year as we can on the co text of how many we already have.

Folks ready to write of Dotson, nah, we need him to turn it around so we don't have to replace another first round pick by this regime unless we have to.

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

it’s very early to be giving up on Dotson (not saying you are). 

I agree. He and Olave will just always be compared to each other, with the other players gained in the trade measured as the difference between them. I don’t see the value at this time given we could have drafted Howell anyways. Dotson needs to improve for the math to make sense, Brian Robinson is good but he and Turner don’t move the needle for me when you’re talking about this sort of gap. In a vacuum the value was great but in practice Howell + Olave right now would be a potential game-breaking combo. 

• Like 1

Atlanta committed the unpardonable sin of having to burn their last time-out AFTER A SPIKE.  Unforgivable. If I was a Falcons fan, I would have thrown a beer bottle through my screen. 

But I see that SO often.  For some reason, teams act like they have a lot of time to regroup after a spike.  Our team has done that in the past - lollygagging after a spike and then having to rush to get off a play.  It's weird and it's bad coaching.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is that your opinion or a fact the players in that building would agree with?

Regimes can change even when expectations don't.  We can upgrade the stadium even with it being one of the worst in the NFL.

Bad habits absolutely can follow players if they don't correct them, why is rather someone like Forbes turn it around even if this is the only season he plays under JDR.

Same with Howell, same with EB...its Jn our best interest they get better as season goes on, regardless of what changes around them.

To me, this is about hoping for as few holes that need to be filled going into next year as we can on the co text of how many we already have.

Folks ready to write of Dotson, nah, we need him to turn it around so we don't have to replace another first round pick by this regime unless we have to.

Of course all of that is true in general. But we didn’t win this game because those players are all progressing in a way that helps the future of this team, necessarily. We good-fortuned our way to a win against a horrible QB while showing a lot of the same flaws we’ve had. The flaws we’ll hope the next regime fixes via roster building and coaching. 

2 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Gonzalez (shoulder) was placed on injured reserve Saturday......makes a diffence

no it doesn’t, he was the correct pick and still is, it doesn’t matter that he suffered an injury for the Patriots. It’s not like Rivera knew that would happen lol 

• Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Conn said:

Of course all of that is true in general. But we didn’t win this game because those players are all progressing in a way that helps the future of this team, necessarily. We good-fortuned our way to a win against a horrible QB while showing a lot of the same flaws we’ve had. The flaws we’ll hope the next regime fixes via roster building and coaching. 

I don't think we're that far apart in this matter, Conn.

The next regime needs to get more out of our players and develop the younger ones, otherwise they're a failure before they get here.

That's still Ron and Co. Job while they here, so I'll root for that as it's in our best interest even if we both know they gone after this year.

I've seen bad QB's shred us and get blown up the next game, what happened to Fields today?

Couple guys I mentioned needing to get their **** together clearly didn't today, I'll take the win and hope they do as season progresses, plenty of time.  You make a great point earlier about having Olave over Dotson, but what's done is done, he's here, Olave ain't. Forbes is here, Gonzales from I heard jus went on IR (no way to predict that). Is what it is, work with what you got.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

Prayers to Leno and his family (wife)....very sad to hear.

Kudos for Sadiq stepping up and playing tackle today.

EB needs to hire someone with a conscience to help him call smart plays at the right time. 

Sam is our man.

Chase needs to bull rush more over the speed move. 

Dotson dropping two passes already this season is shocking.

Casey Toohill may have just taken Chase's job for next season.

We have a punt returner!!!!!

Get the ball in BRob's hands more, he is a safe bet.

We need to build on this big time.....gotta keep growing on both sides.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

Atlanta has to feel bad about their execution.  They clearly had no respect for our defense. 

EB has to get better with his running game design.  I've had enough of the dive.

I don’t think there’s a running game this team can execute well or consistently. 

They are not built for it.  They’re built to use short passes and get guys in space.  

I get that we have to run the ball some.  But we need to minimize the rushing attempts and focus on passes.  

• Thumb down 1