Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Next time we play Atlanta it will be Hinickie or someone else...agreed

Next time we play them would be next season at the soonest. Smith is coaching his third season and rocking two 7-10 seasons up to this point. Smith and his entire QB stable could easily be gone next time we play.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Today was the first day I am REALLY REALLY sour on EB.  

We completely turtled in the second half after we got up 14 points.  Put in a 3rd string RB, got super conservative, and couldn't figure out we needed to stay aggressive until the end.

As soon as we started to try and feed the running game, the whole offense stalled. 

Agreed although I did like that we called a couple passing plays late to try to ice it. Howell was also cold in the 2nd half after the TD and noone could get open. Falcons actually do have a good second with Terrell Bates and Okudah.

• Like 1

I will save a longer writeup for the reaction thread.  But 3 instant reactions:

1. The defense sucks and the score was not indicitive of how badly it played.

2. The offense was humming until we got a 14 point lead, then we turtled and couldn't move the ball.

3. We can't run in known running situations or pass in known passing situations

I'll also "yes and" @Conn's hating running on second down thing.  I do too.  But, with this team, I expand it to just running in general.  We should see running as a trick play.  Nothing more. 

Bah. I'm so irritated by the end of the game.  Happy we won.  But total and complete lack of understanding of game management and it infuriates me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

i know Heini is somewhere in the locker-room throwing around his collection of Jordans mad he couldnt get in and game us some moxie 

To be fair, Ridder's hairline is so receded that I can be convinced he's already had his hair on fire a few times. But it burned bright and fast.

• Haha 2