Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Alexa said:

The only thing I take away from this game is Ridder is a terrible QB. He isn't even a backup. They should put in Taylor.

The problem is the plays Ridder missed today Taylor doesn’t have the capability to make.  So by playing Taylor you shrink the field. Playing Ridder, at least they have the possibility of an intermediate or deep pass.  

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The problem is the plays Ridder missed today Taylor doesn’t have the capability to make.  So by playing Taylor you shrink the field. Playing Ridder, at least they have the possibility of an intermediate or deep pass.  

Not even close to true. One thing Taylor could do was get the ball to the playmakers, especially Terry. He made a tremendous pass in Atlanta last year to Terry after avoiding the sack for a sweet TD. Taylor won 12 games in DC, he obviously can make plays. If he couldn't Atlanta wouldn't have signed him.

Edited by kingdaddy

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Not even close to true. One thing Taylor could do was get the ball to the playmakers, especially Terry. He made a tremendous pass in Atlanta last year to Terry after avoiding the sack for a sweet TD. Taylor won 12 games in DC, he obviously can make plays. If he couldn't Atlanta wouldn't have signed him.

He is a complete troll when it comes to Taylor. Ignore it

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

As long as the playmaker was standing 3 feet from him, that’s true.  Any farther, his noodle arm was getting receivers killed at a higher rate than completions.  

He doesn’t have the tools to play in the NFL.  He didn’t have one good game last year by any metric.  They ran the stuffing out of the ball and he got lucky.  When his luck ran out, he sucked so bad Ron benched him for Wentz. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As bad as the Giants are, I bet Barkley is back next week and Daniel Jones too and they've killed us over the years.  The Giants likely will see it as a good get right game against a team they've borderlined owned for a long time.

So hopefully this team goes to NY ready to play.  I am not a Daniel Jones guy but he's better than Ridder.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

50 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

It was rough, and there may have been more bad than good, but there were a couple bright spots to pull from for me.

-The D had an effective gameplan. They picked their poison. The only way we were gonna lose was if Ridder beat us, and he was bad today. That was a running team and we took their strength away for the vast majority of the game.

The D executed what they wanted to do and the O showed a pathway that better focuses on its strengths.

The D has to be the backbone of this team. Its how it is constructed. The O cashed in on short fields.

Neither side was great, but baby steps.

Great summary.

When you draft a Pick 6 corner with your first rounder you are pushing all in on generating turnovers for our young QB to have short fields. Our defense maybe woeful to some today I think they did great easily their best game in the 5 weeks. JDR pressured and got the turnovers. That's the key to victory as envisioned when taking Forbes. Without him it seems like JDR called more press man vs deep shell match zone.

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

It was rough, and there may have been more bad than good, but there were a couple bright spots to pull from for me.

-The D had an effective gameplan. They picked their poison. The only way we were gonna lose was if Ridder beat us, and he was bad today. That was a running team and we took their strength away for the vast majority of the game.

-The O committed to the run game. Nearly unheard of.

-We targeted WRs to an insane degree. 1 tgt to a TE. actually comical in the other direction.

The D executed what they wanted to do and the O showed a pathway that better focuses on its strengths.

The D has to be the backbone of this team. Its how it is constructed. The O cashed in on short fields.

My only quibble here is I also think this team is built (by accident) to be pass first not run heavy on O. We went into the tank the second half when EB tried to milk the clock with the running game. Howell is better than we could have hoped for at this stage, we will go as far as he takes us on offense.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

As bad as the Giants are, I bet Barkley is back next week and Daniel Jones too and they've killed us over the years.  The Giants likely will see it as a good right game against a team they've borderlined owned for a long time.

So hopefully this team goes to NY ready to play.  I am not a Daniel Jones guy but he's better than Ridder.   

Maybe but they’ll beb1-5 with any luck at that point after being drubbed by the Bills and determine their season is over and just fail to come out of the tunnel.  

Also, this will be the second week in a row with more rest than our opponent.  Albeit, very minimally for the Giants, as they play tonight.  But playing a road prime time game does push things back a bit.  

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

My only quibble here is I also think this team is built (by accident) to be pass first not run heavy on O. We went into the tank the second half when EB tried to milk the clock with the running game. Howell is better than we could have hoped for at this stage, we will go as far as he takes us on offense.

We don't have to be run heavy, we just can't be run non-existent.

Can't pass on 80% of first half plays or run 6 times in a game.

It helps us cut down on sacks, takes a load off Howell, slows down their pass rush and makes the D guard the run and pass, which is huge in regards to getting guys open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

-The O committed to the run game. Nearly unheard of.

-We targeted WRs to an insane degree. 1 tgt to a TE. actually comical in the other direction.

I disagree.  The D was god awful the entire game and the only reason we didn’t give up 40 points is because Ridder stinks.  

Guys were open all  over the field all day.  And the pass rush didn’t get home anywhere near enough.  

We had multiple drive-lengthening penalties.  And when they needed a stop, they couldn’t get it until Ridder did something stupid.  

If Justin Fields was the QB, still not very good but more accurate, we give up 40 easily.  If it’s a better QB, we might give up more. 

It’s so bad.  

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Justin Fields was the QB, still not very good but more accurate, we give up 40 easily.  If it’s a better QB, we might give up more. 

It’s so bad.  

We could say same thing if we beat Giants next week, then Patriots two weeks after that, and still be over .500.

Do your job???