Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

Weird game. Key points.

- Their QB is terrible. Thank goodness they didn't substitute for Heine. 

- Good to see old man Crowder still making plays.

- This is just the type of scenario you focus on the running game. We can't establish it. That's a huge concern at this juncture.

- Oh, and they sacked our QB five times. So again, we are at the bottom of the league in sacks allowed at 34. Still in sight of that 100+ sacks allowed in a  season!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

“What do you feel about your team’s execution?”

”Im in favor of it.”

LEGEND.  

I think Mckay also had the "3 or 4 plane crashes and we might make the playoffs" quote as well. But I am not positive. Only coach with better quotes is Buddy Ryan imo.

53 minutes ago, resolution said:

Long time stalker first time poster. It's wild how much yards this defense is giving up.

Cardinals - 210 (not bad)

Broncos - 399

Bills - 386

Bears - 451

Falcons - 402

It’s so bad. Flashes of decent plays but this defense as a whole, especially the linebackers and secondary are a turnstile. How are players getting so open.🤔

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Weird game. Key points.

- Their QB is terrible. Thank goodness they didn't substitute for Heine. 

- Good to see old man Crowder still making plays.

- This is just the type of scenario you focus on the running game. We can't establish it. That's a huge concern at this juncture.

- Oh, and they sacked our QB five times. So again, we are at the bottom of the league in sacks allowed at 34. Still in sight of that 100+ sacks allowed in a  season!

We won today because their QB made a series of terrible decisions and passes, coupled with good DB play

The team remains getting gashed for yards by every offense 

The final few offensive drives were so poor and uncreative, a decent offense would've had some rollouts and first downs when their D expecting you to pound it up the gut

• Like 2

I just finished watching it, yes the stats were ugly, but I'm enjoying the win.  How many times have we felt we should've won but we didn't have competent QB play to get the w?  I'm glad we aren't the team feeling this today, let the falcons worry about that.  3-3, in the playoff hunt, let's enjoy it.

Was I the only one who followed bijan in motion on that last play and said oh crap one on one with jamin, and jamin made an awesome play.  What a catch.  

Fuller is by far our best cb.   Great game.  Remember the ppl who wanted to trade him after the draft lol.

Loved the return by crowder.  I dont miss Milne.

Sorry to hear about Leno, that really sucks.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Observations from the game. I have not watched any video of the game. So this is all from memory. 

Offense - Did Ok today, not great. The play calling is sporadic. decent at times but then some real head scrathing. Not sure why they keep calling that delayed off tackle run. It's getting blown up almost every time. I liked the pass heavy up front. Only issue was Sam missed a few targets. And the sacks were on him. But I am anything but down on Sam. He is a great young QB. Made young QB mistakes. He has ice in his viens though. He would make a mistake and come right back nad make a very good play. Head is always in the game. Just needs some time to develop. I liked what EB did overall but he disappeared in the 4th Q. I get we had a lead but thought he went into too much of a shell. The 4th down play was a great call though. And the screen (or whatever that was) for a TD was brilliant. Although in real time it looked like he had a wide open WR in the middle of the field earlier in the play. But either way, it worked. Oh and the Oilne - bad but had some moments. The problem is when they really needed to move the ball in th 4th Q they got really bad. 

Defense - They suck . Yes, they got 3 picks to save the game. But only because they can't stop anything. The scheme is bad and the execution is bad. They did a decent job of stopping the run however a lot of that is because Atl did not run that much. Stupid on the Falcons. They had some real coaching blunders today that helped us. Between that and Desmond Ritter have a bad 2nd half, that kept us in it. Can't take much positive away from the D outside the picks. Seeing it up close and live to me it's mostly scheme. We give a 5 man front on 1st and 2nd down and get them in 3rd and long and then go to 4 down linemen on passing downs. Which is fine but then they have some kind of loose zone in the middle of the field where Pitts and London (among others) ate on 3rd down all day long. It was the same play on 3rd and long all day. It's that 8 to 10 yds slant. It was open every time they needed. But players are still working and the 3 picks were nice. Just hate the approach. 

Special Teams - Crowder gets a deep return! Nice bonus there! Tress Way had another shank when we needed a boomming kick. That's 2 in a few weeks. Not good. But he also landed a few nice inside the 15 balls. So overall nice job. 

Referess - Had a bad day. Sure seemed one side but that could be team bias. That Roughing call looked very weak. Also, did they ever call a hold on any Atl Oline? Our guys were getting tackled and did not see a single call. Not sure what Ridder was doing but he got our guys to jump several times. Have to be more disciplined. But it is what it is. Have to play through it and they did. 

So far @skinsmarydu and I are 2 - 0 against the Falcons in Atlanta!  We definitely a fun day!!  A win is a win!!  Hail!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jets defense is for real, Browns too among others. Our defense not so much 

Our defense would struggle to stop the Langley High School Saxons vaunted read-option attack. 

They are so bad.  So, so, so bad.  

And all the picks and dollars spent for a terrible defense.  

It’s so depressing.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Observations from the game. I have not watched any video of the game. So this is all from memory. 

Offense - Did Ok today, not great. The play calling is sporadic. decent at times but then some real head scrathing. Not sure why they keep calling that delayed off tackle run. It's getting blown up almost every time. I liked the pass heavy up front. Only issue was Sam missed a few targets. And the sacks were on him. But I am anything but down on Sam. He is a great young QB. Made young QB mistakes. He has ice in his viens though. He would make a mistake and come right back nad make a very good play. Head is always in the game. Just needs some time to develop. I liked what EB did overall but he disappeared in the 4th Q. I get we had a lead but thought he went into too much of a shell. The 4th down play was a great call though. And the screen (or whatever that was) for a TD was brilliant. Although in real time it looked like he had a wide open WR in the middle of the field earlier in the play. But either way, it worked. Oh and the Oilne - bad but had some moments. The problem is when they really needed to move the ball in th 4th Q they got really bad. 

Defense - They suck . Yes, they got 3 picks to save the game. But only because they can't stop anything. The scheme is bad and the execution is bad. They did a decent job of stopping the run however a lot of that is because Atl did not run that much. Stupid on the Falcons. They had some real coaching blunders today that helped us. Between that and Desmond Ritter have a bad 2nd half, that kept us in it. Can't take much positive away from the D outside the picks. Seeing it up close and live to me it's mostly scheme. We give a 5 man front on 1st and 2nd down and get them in 3rd and long and then go to 4 down linemen on passing downs. Which is fine but then they have some kind of loose zone in the middle of the field where Pitts and London (among others) ate on 3rd down all day long. It was the same play on 3rd and long all day. It's that 8 to 10 yds slant. It was open every time they needed. But players are still working and the 3 picks were nice. Just hate the approach. 

Special Teams - Crowder gets a deep return! Nice bonus there! Tress Way had another shank when we needed a boomming kick. That's 2 in a few weeks. Not good. But he also landed a few nice inside the 15 balls. So overall nice job. 

Referess - Had a bad day. Sure seemed one side but that could be team bias. That Roughing call looked very weak. Also, did they ever call a hold on any Atl Oline? Our guys were getting tackled and did not see a single call. Not sure what Ridder was doing but he got our guys to jump several times. Have to be more disciplined. But it is what it is. Have to play through it and they did. 

So far @skinsmarydu and I are 2 - 0 against the Falcons in Atlanta!  We definitely a fun day!!  A win is a win!!  Hail!!! 

YES, WE ARE!!!  Therefore, we must always go to games together!  Really nice meeting your GF, too...she's super cool.  :D

Agree, the defense couldn't stop 'em from marching downfield, but kept em out of the endzone when it counted.  (NO MEANS NO, DAMMIT!)

Sam was beyond himself once again...doing the best he could with what he had to work with.  Good clean passes...the ones that didn't hit their mark that I noticed were: one on him (overthrow, iirc), and one on Dotson, (you gotta get that, dude.)

Great experience at the Benz today, though.  We had boatloads of our fans in our section, and I think we might've out-numbered the F fans.  We fist-bumped everyone or said Hail, one dude had gold overalls that were covered in our Native logo...had to love that guy.  :ols:

We were extremely well represented.  

I'm proud.  

Hail!   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Our defense would struggle to stop the Langley High School Saxons vaunted read-option attack. 

They are so bad.  So, so, so bad.  

And all the picks and dollars spent for a terrible defense.  

It’s so depressing.  

And while true…is it not an indictment of the current state of the NFL that a team with a defense as bad as this one has been is still 3-3.  Still in play for everything.  

Kinda makes you wonder how important having a stout defense really is in todays game.  Even the weakest teams in the league are able to score at will because they have created a game where it’s all about copious amounts of points scored.  The “Red Zone” era.  

I’m trying not to be the old man shaking my fist at the sky but I do miss real legitimate NFL defense, big hits, and running games imposing their will.  The “we are running off tackle and there is nothing you can do to stop us” era.  Maybe because that’s when our team was dominant.  

• Like 1