Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Washington @ Atlanta

zCommander

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

We don't have to be run heavy, we just can't be run non-existent.

Can't pass on 80% of first half plays or run 6 times in a game.

It helps us cut down on sacks, takes a load off Howell, slows down their pass rush and makes the D guard the run and pass, which is huge in regards to getting guys open.

Agreed. But this O is on Howells arm. I feel good about that.

I do think EB has to think more about how he gets Sam some easier check downs. It’s hard to see on TV but there does not seem to be an easy check down on some plays. Sacks and hits on Sam have to go down. 

If everyone is covered downfield Sam needs somewhere short he can dump the ball off to.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I never seen a game where the refs was giving the falcons everything . The fact they called a flag on Payne being injured ? Is ridiculous !. 

? what are they supposed to do, he fell over into the neutral zone entirely. It doesn’t matter that he was injured 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MartinC said:

If everyone is covered downfield Sam needs somewhere short he can dump the ball off to.

Totally agree.

It comes across like its been TEs, and defenses have caught on that Logan is still worthy of respect.

Gibson comes as across as the near perfect outlet player, but im still early seeing that, didn't expect that at all.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We could say same thing if we beat Giants next week, then Patriots two weeks after that, and still be over .500.

Do your job???

Yeah.  They need to do their jobs better.  

They might win 5 games against teams with a combined 10 wins through 8 weeks.  

Currently, Arizona, Denver, Giants and NE all have 1 win each and Atlanta has 3. I don’t see any of those teams piling up wins over the next 3 weeks.  

We could easily be 5-4 with 4 of our wins against teams with 1 win each.  And losses to The Bills and Eagles, 2 of the best teams + the Bears.

Man, that Bears loss is just an absolute season crusher. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conn said:

? what are they supposed to do, he fell over into the neutral zone entirely. It doesn’t matter that he was injured 

you call off the play and help the player up?  If that was a game winning situation for the falcons to get a first that completely would be unfair to the fans and the players .

thats what they should of did , how is that Payne fault that his hand gave up dude ? Explain to everyone 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Does anybody know if we were running 3 LBs when Hudson was in, or were we rotating w/ Jamin/Barton/Hudson?

Hudson looked pretty good out there IMO, other than that one time when he got tangled up with a CB (St. Juste?) trying to get wide to cover a guy. 

Seemed like he flew to the ball and was a solid tackler. 

• Like 3

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Man, that Bears loss is just an absolute season crusher. 

That lose should be circled if we miss the playoffs by a game or half game for when he's let go, why I was ready to get rid of Rivera that same night versus leaning towards letting him finish the contract.  I was done after that, I tried, I couldn't anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I do think EB has to think more about how he gets Sam some easier check downs. It’s hard to see on TV but there does not seem to be an easy check down on some plays. Sacks and hits on Sam have to go down. 

Thought Howell played excellent . He does need to stop holding onto the ball but I’m just glad he didn’t turn it over . As much as I hate sacks I’ll take that over him just throwing it out of pressure like Riddler did today . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I feel like almost every sack was on Howell deciding to extend a play this week. Can’t blame the O line. He does need that safety valve. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That lose should be circled if we miss the playoffs by a game or half game for when he's let go, why I was ready to get rid of Rivera that same night versus leaning towards letting him finish the contract.  I was done after that, I tried, I couldn't anymore.

I agree man , looking at the rest of the schedule and how the NFL been anything for sure can happen. The Giants game is a trap game and I’m not going watch it comfortable especially if Jones plays . 

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

EB needs to realize this and never let off the gas and try to depend on the running game.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Commander202 said:

Thought Howell played excellent . He does need to stop holding onto the ball but I’m just glad he didn’t turn it over . As much as I hate sacks I’ll take that over him just throwing it out of pressure like Riddler did today . 

Howell bout some more read options like we ran on the 4th and one? Those calls will buy Sam more time and let him run if he wants to.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Hudson looked pretty good out there IMO, other than that one time when he got tangled up with a CB (St. Juste?) trying to get wide to cover a guy. 

Seemed like he flew to the ball and was a solid tackler. 

w/ Hudson being small and all looking good against a physical running team like ATL was unexpected and impressive.

He gets some bonus points for that.

If he can play vs ATL, he can go vs anybody.

4 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

you call off the play and help the player up?  If that was a game winning situation for the falcons to get a first that completely would be unfair to the fans and the players .

thats what they should of did , how is that Payne fault that his hand gave up dude ? Explain to everyone 

I don’t need to explain it to everyone, an injured player has the option of leaving the field. I’m sympathetic to him, he clearly didn’t know his hand wouldn’t support his weight, and he toppled into the neutral zone. It’s still a penalty, you can’t make arbitrary exceptions.

• Like 2

Just now, Commander202 said:

I agree man , looking at the rest of the schedule and how the NFL been anything for sure can happen. The Giants game is a trap game and I’m not going watch it comfortable especially if Jones plays . 

Lol, then why'd you thumbs down the post? : )

Bears game was prototypical trap game, getting caught off guard by a division opponent that has your number lately should require mental health examinations for all involved, imo.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn’t realize the stats were that lopsided 

I was screaming it.  We gained something like 40 yards from the point we took the 14 point lead.  The first 2 Rodriguez runs, the one completion to Terry.  That was it for the entire second half.

Abysmal offense.  What changed?  We tried to be balanced and kill the clock.

We got away from what was working. 

Sam got stuck in 133 yards for over a quarter. 

We chose to go back and run the Scott Turner/Hallock offense ourselves for no good reason.  

Oh, and the defense just stinks.  

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Howell bout some more read options like we ran on the 4th and one? Those calls will buy Sam more time and let him run if he wants to.

The issue, he’s had a real problem with them, and he’s pulled the ball on some and it’s directly led to sacks.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn’t realize the stats were that lopsided 

Honestly, I didn’t either.  The defense made some key picks when it mattered.  Turn the ball over 3 times and you lose, and without the 3 turnovers we lose.  The defense continues to be a massive disappointment.  

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

As long as he slides at the end like he did today it can be a nice piece of our O.

If he instead just goes out there and gets his head ripped off trying to fight for yards it will be ripped from the playbook.

7 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I feel REALLY good about Sam. We have a QB.

Not saying he’s elite but he’s showing steady progress (apart from taking sacks) and is already a plus starter. The O goes as far as he takes it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

this tweet is so insane LOL. thank you Ridder for being the player you are because yeesh.

The punt and two of the picks gave us short fields. We capitalized on those - that messes with yardage and time of possession stats. 

• Like 2