Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Bea

KDawg

Playing up or down to the opponent's level is a consistent feature of the Rivera regime, so I'm not going to predict upcoming games based on this disaster. However, the larger trends that have emerged this season are really bad. The defense has really surprised me by how bad they've been, apart from a few isolated instances where they were getting pressure.

I only got to watch the second half, but I thought Howell was the lone bright spot. He was making things happen when nothing else was working. Injury is obviously the biggest concern for him right now.

I suppose I'm being captain obvious with these comments, but I'm finding it hard to generate interesting comments about this dog of a team.

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cody Barton looked liked a figure skater playing linebacker last night....he couldn't fill a hole if you spotted him the shovel and the dirt. And our defensive line should be ashamed of themselves....maybe this defense lacks character and pride? It sure seems that way. 

2 minutes ago, profusion said:

I only got to watch the second half, but I thought Howell was the lone bright spot.

only thing keeping me sane today. taking under consideration the situation, he played great.  Its not easy being down 27-3 as a QB.  I'm sure half the playbook is out the window. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, gortiz said:

in no way am I diminishing this, its bad.  but josh allen in his first two years as a starter was dead last, 32nd, in the league in completion percentage.  32nd both years.  that's hard to do.   I'm pretty sure after two years and 32 games people were like ... he's not fixing this.  well he did, in a big way. year 3 he finished 4th in the league.  that gives me hope that sam and EB can—fix this. 

I think sacks are different. Carr got hit so much that it affected every part of his game. He never was comfortable on a football field at any point after these beatings.

Just now, redskin301 said:

It’s like it doesn’t matter who the coach’s are 

who the players are it’s the same old thing 

We’ve never had a real GM swell not for the last twenty plus years anyways. We have no identity. We have no mantra. Just go out and play and hope for the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

**** this team.

Harris has a lot of work to do.  And I like that he's got Magic Johnson out there being the point man.  I don't think either of these two are going to **** around.

Last night was ****ing pathetic.  I can't believe it already feels like this team is sleepwalking to the finish line but here we are.  Ron's gotta go.  We need a real, legit GM, we need some great scouts and we need to invest in analytics and forward thinking ways to look at football.  

Forbes is garbage.  Bienemy, I am convinced, was a Mahomes product.  JDR is a dinosaur.  

Howell might be something but I honestly feel bad for the dude.  

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

The Junkies are being douches

The Junkies are the epitome of lazy.  They don't prepare, their takes are hot garbage, and when they actually talk football (and not gambling or stories of their "glory years" and people we don't know but they all do) it comes off as truly uninformed.  I only listen to them if they're interviewing Keim or someone knowledgeable.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think sacks are different. Carr got hit so much that it affected every part of his game. He never was comfortable on a football field at any point after these beatings.

yeah i agree.  It seems for now that sam has the grit and composure to not let it impact him.  If I'm right, I'm going to think the problem is fixable.  Like I said before, after two full seasons I'm sure a lot of folks were writing off allen due to his brutal inaccuracy, and he righted the ship.

1 hour ago, Hdf561 said:

Absolutely pathetic performance. How in the world can someone keep their job after this. I’m tired of these retread loser head coaches and d coordinators. 

Hey watch your mouth. Don't say the R word. It's insensitive. Oh wait, you said " retread. " Sorry, easy mixup considering this coaching staff 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

20 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I noticed that too. I'm just speculating. Although, I used to watch him ball out with the Lakers, I know nothing about Magic. I do want to say he takes his brand seriously though so it does not surprise me to see him be visibly disappointed like that.

Magic is......weird.

I wouldn't take his Twitter comments too seriously. His Twitter account is famous for its banal pronoucements on sports. It's basically his brand at this point.

"The Lakers should trade for Lebron." 

"The Dodgers need better hitting and defense."

Stuff like that.

On Twitter, he is a parody of a sports talk show caller.

His relationship with the Commanders is another type of branding, and his brand is "winner." Whatever he says is nonsense. But if you hear rumblings that he wants out or you see that he actually "sold" whatever piece of the team he "owns," you can probably be assured that he sees the team as poison to his brand. That would be very bad.

(I use the parentheticals intentionally, because I don't fully understand what Magic actually owns in all the teams he "owns" at this point - Lakers, Dodgers, Commanders).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

The Junkies are the epitome of lazy.  They don't prepare, their takes are hot garbage, and when they actually talk football (and not gambling or stories of their "glory years" and people we don't know but they all do) it comes off as truly uninformed.  I only listen to them if they're interviewing Keim or someone knowledgeable.  

Generally, you’re right but they do follow this team and are pretty spot on. 

6 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

They're basically 50-something year-old frat boys and have never grown out of that. Their sports talk is tertiary to other stuff other than immediate hot takes.

• Like 3

There's nothing funny about the pain I am feeling. The pain that I have felt for the last 30 some years. There is nothing funny about having 3 winning seasons out of 12. Probably about to be 3 out of 13. That smirk as Ron walked to the locker room makes me sick. Maybe he finds it funny that he still makes millions of dollars despite doing an atrocious, egregious job.

• Thumb up 2

I think everyone is really overstating Magic's importance here.

He is going to parachute in for big games on national tv, do interviews, kiss babies, and be Magic. He will say weird Magic things.

Then he is going to go back to LA and not think about this team for a week or two.

He has 526 business interests and is now apparently a power lifter. I don't think the Commanders defensive scheme matters much to him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

(I use the parentheticals intentionally, because I don't fully understand what Magic actually owns in all the teams he "owns" at this point - Lakers, Dodgers, Commanders).

He has from what I read more stake in his own money, I think double or triple what he put into the Dodgers.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He is going to parachute in for big games on national tv, do interviews, kiss babies, and be Magic. He will say weird Magic things.

Then he is going to go back to LA and not think about this team for a week or two.

He has 526 business interests and is now apparently a power lifter. I don't think the Commanders defensive scheme matters much to him.

Yup. If this game wasn't on national TV he probably doesn't say a "tweet"

1 minute ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I think everyone is aware of the fact that he’s a minority owner with a celebrity mouthpiece.  Nobody expects him to make recommendations on the base defense, or which corner to draft.

But whether on purpose or not, when you say the team doesn’t play with fire or intensity - you are pooping on the coach, and it’s deserved.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Maybe.  He said this is the most important thing he's done, as to ownership with this team.  It felt like an overstatement.  But still i don't get the vibe he's irrelevant in this mix.

He's made speeches to the employees there.  To the players who seem to gravitate towards him especially Terry.  He's been now to every home game.   He's done stuff in the DC community every week he's been there.

With the Dodgers as we posted months back, he's supposedly very involved to the extent that he's more that team's public face than the owners.

So while Harris and Rales by a mile are the most important in the mix.  I do think Magic is indeed into this endeavor -- he's talked about it to death on national TV shows about how meaningful it is to the extent where he cried discussing it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise