Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

18 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The question is whether you value continuity, progress, and being close enough to roll the dice on the staff another year and hope they make the jump next year.

I think Harris was always planning to make wholesale changes after this year, but was open to having the team/coaches change his mind.

Then Buffalo happened. I think that was the final nail in the Rivera regime. Barring some sort of miracle. 

Edited by AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

And after throwing away 3 first round picks on a QB who bust.

And one for Candle and a 2nd too I think, one for Haskins, a bunch of 2nd for old QBs, a first, second and third for Brad Johnson. What else? Lost Cousins, who should have been + 1-2 firsts, for basically nothing.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

In all fairness, its the same thing every franchise goes through that doesn't immediately replace their HOF QB with another one when they leave or retire.

Even franchises we've considered the cream of the crop the last 10-20 years look just as bad as anyone else without one.

Bill deserves blame for not at least getting one that's not a bust...but then I feel bad for Tomlin...

What does this say about Kyle Shanahan to go to two Super Bowls without one?  He gets a lot of crap for not sealing the deal in either one, but it's hard to in that game without one.

It says even more about Joe Gibbs winning 3 of them without one. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I think Harris was always planning to make wholesale changes after this year, but was open to having the team/coaches change his mind.

Then Buffalo happened. I think that was the final nail in the Rivera regime. Barring some sort of miracle. 

Harris isn't making a decision after Week 3.

Here's my base case scenario: we go 10-7, win the Wild Card round, lose in the divisional round.

Our first 10-win season since 2012 (albeit with an extra game) and our first playoff win since 2005.

What do you do then? I think that's the question Harris will have to answer. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Based on what he's done with the Sixers, Harris will find a GM before firing RR as head coach. This game today was tremendous growth for Howell and this franchise in my opionon...we just made a few bad play calls and it could've been a different ending. Example, in close games, why is EB calling for straight drop back passes on first down? This formula usually results in a sack rather than even a 1-2 yard rush....

Sam was awesome today, lets go win the next two games and stay in the playoff chase. We should lean on BRob more and move Sam out of the pocket more, let the kid make plays on the run.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

The Pats desperately need some of that Belichick genius to show up, it's been 4 years now, where did it go?  Did something happen 4 years ago?🤔

Bill was not a good coach until a certain guy showed up and played qb for decades….

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Didn’t hate not going for 2.  He would be killed if we went for it and didn’t make it.  Terry was inbounds IMO.  Team played hard on the road against a damn good team.  Disappointing but can’t say a lot about the team when they did what they did.  

My son is in Vegas.  I almost put some money on the Skins but have been burned to many times.  Lol.  Instead placed two small bets and will be taking some money from Vegas thank you very much.  

IMG_0192.png

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Here's my base case scenario: we go 10-7, win the Wild Card round, lose in the divisional round.

Our first 10-win season since 2012 (albeit with an extra game) and our first playoff win since 2005.

That would definitely cloud the scenario that we all assume will happen.  I feel like if that happens he still needs to make some changes to the front office regardless.  I don't see that happening though and still sticking with my 7 to 8 wins this season and I don't believe that is enough to save Ron's job or our front office. 

6 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Bill was not a good coach until a certain guy showed up and played qb for decades….

**** Belichek .....i'll never forget how he ran up the score on Joe Gibbs in NE back in the day. It was a total **** you to Gibbs. I hope the ****er doesn't win another game this year and I love that Sam Howell is a better QB than Mac ****in Jones. Belicheck is getting back what he deserves....good for Dallas by stomping his ass. Every team should take that opportunity to do the same. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

25 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I would bring back Ron and EB to finish out their contract and keep the continuity for Howell to go deeper for a SB run. 

57 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

And one for Candle and a 2nd too I think, one for Haskins, a bunch of 2nd for old QBs, a first, second and third for Brad Johnson. What else? Lost Cousins, who should have been + 1-2 firsts, for basically nothing.

I was talking about the 49ers and Trey Lance. But yeah we’ve done the same - and more!!

Okay even if Ron says the players were tired and that's why he didn't go for the 2pt. Still a lame excuse when the momentum is on your side and they are expecting to tie but you give them something to think about. It is only 2 yards and you can fake a run and have Howell just run it in. 

But, in the OT when it's 4th and 5 you have to go for it because you have seen that your D hasn't been able to stop them efficiently you have to trust Howell here more than you trust your D at this point. 

Edited by zCommander

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

In all fairness, its the same thing every franchise goes through that doesn't immediately replace their HOF QB with another one when they leave or retire.

Even franchises we've considered the cream of the crop the last 10-20 years look just as bad as anyone else without one.

Bill deserves blame for not at least getting one that's not a bust...but then I feel bad for Tomlin...

What does this say about Kyle Shanahan to go to two Super Bowls without one?  He gets a lot of crap for not sealing the deal in either one, but it's hard to in that game without one.

It happens to essentially every genius/great coach, unless they retire and stay retired.  Shula, Noles, Parcells.  etc.

Generally, it seems to me that genius head coaches have some idea that propels them to success.  Then the league catches up, and they don't have that next idea.  Pretty much in many fields geniuses are considered geniuses based on one exceptional idea (Einstein was an exception).

It seems to me that Belichick had some great ideas about how to coach and scheme defense and especially secondary play.  And by the time the league caught it up, Brady had developed into a great QB and he rode Brady's greatness to a couple more championships.  Unless Belichick finds that next HOF QB (extremely unlikely), I suspect he'll end his career mostly being mediocre/good. 

14 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Also that Swift run in OT probably wasn't a first down, but they don't stop everything and measure like they used to do. Now they rush to move the chains and get off a play as if nobody is paying attention.

I believe the coach can request a measurement.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

Yeah but that's a force out, I remember when they changed it and it became way too open to interpretation and they really needed to change it back which they did.

But I'm talking about a crazy event of a defender catching a receiver who had gone up and made a grab and then literally running him out of bounds.

It's not likely just because a defender would have to make a conscious decision to try to do it and they never do that but in an end of game situation I could see someone trying it someday.

It's exactly the same thing. Not seeing any distinnction here. Doesn't matter if the reciever has the ball in thier hands or not. The WR can catch the ball in the air clearly in bounds then be carried out of bounds and i'ts not catch. 

Are there any good linebackers teams are shopping? A good linebacker would really help this defense

Just now, KDawg said:

Why? Because Aaron Rodgers got hurt on his first series in NY?

No he just looks completely lost on the sidelines .