Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Pew Pew Pew... Shots... Explosives

KDawg

Was very worth the trip down from NY- from tailgating to the final whistle, the energy was just different. 

-is it possible that cheeseman is the worst long snapper in nfl history? Absolutely abysmal use of a draft pick.

-the cards are arguably the worst team in football and it essentially came down to the wire. Not promising for this season.

-there were bad breaks, bad calls, hell even the rain picked up during two of our 3rd Q drives. But any above avg team should bury the cards regardless.

-how is it that we’ve all been clamoring for OL (and ILB) for years, but somehow our personnel officials don’t see it?! I truly can’t wait til Josh Harris sicks his analytics team on our FO. 

we won, we did what we had to do, but no matter what happens this season the big picture is better than ever before.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is extremely stupid and basically par for the course. We will pray it doesn’t bite us rather than be proactive. He doesn’t even say he thinks Cheeseman will work through it—just that they’ll wait until something bad happens to do anything about it. What? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumb up 1

This Cheesecake guy has got to be freaking mental. I remember hearing in the pre-season that he was experimenting with a new technique  ?

I think the data has confirmed that the experiment has failed.

I'm having a hard time understanding what necessitated this in the first place.  I don't recall too many issues with the snapper last season, why the hell is cheesecake rolling out new coke ? 

You have literally one job dude. They should cut him for being that stupid. Just to make a point.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

This is extremely stupid and basically par for the course. We will pray it doesn’t bite us rather than be proactive. He doesn’t even say he thinks Cheeseman will work through it—just that they’ll wait until something bad happens to do anything about it. What? 

He's not much of a deep thinker, that Rivera. 🥴

I can understand the difficulty in projecting most players from College to NFL and delivering constant hits.

I don't understand how LS and Punters are not like 99.9% accurate translation tho.

Durant Brooks hurt me bad...

and now Cheese is cutting it...

I know Way and Slye are gonna say they don't wanna mess w/ the timing but these guys are a fraternity, they are sticking up for their guy regardless.

On 9/11/2023 at 7:38 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

One thing I noticed was twice Samuel got the ball in space and could not make his man miss, something the Samuel on the west coast rarely does.  Now he's not Deebo but he should be able to make more out of those plays IMO,  

Yep but Curtis had absolutely no problem making defenders miss with Carolina. I don't get it. It's not like he's old now 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Gibson really getting roasted. Did yall watch the replay? It was a phenomenal, incredible, monumental, outstanding peanut punch by the Cardinal player. He hit that thing with Hercules like power, for crying out loud. It's very likely that no rb in the NFL holds onto that ball, in that exact situation. Maybe no rb in NFL history!!!  Speaking of which, I don't know why our players on defense seem to never try it. Or the weedeater move, trying to strip the ball out. It seems that we're more content in just making the tackle. Forcing turnovers is a pivotal thing. Hopefully we'll do a lot of it on defense this season.

I feel as though we aren't talking about the rain enough. I firmly believe it caused at least 50% of the dysfunction on offense. We had a game plan to toss the ball and we stuck to it, despite the actual ball being water logged and slick. I'd imagine that, at times, visibility across the field was probably limited, too. Yes, the Cardinals faced the same conditions, but their offense was even worse than ours.

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Gibson really getting roasted. Did yall watch the replay?

It was amazingly similar to the C-Rod fumble in PS. I'd say the same thing here that I said there.

Not all fumbles are equal, and that was not a "bad" fumble.

If I was re-watching the film w/ Gibby, I wouldn't really tell him to do much different in terms of protecting the football.

He shielded defenders with his body. He used two hands. He got low. He had leverage.

He simply had one of his arms knocked off from violent contact and plus defenders crashed to the ball carrier and made a good play.

MAYBE Gibby should have used 2 hands sooner to make a better seal to ward off initial contact.

MAYBE Gibby could have re-collected his 2nd arm faster, but that's a big if. I'm pretty sure he was in the motion of doing that before it got knocked out.

This was not a case of bad form or bad habbits, and Gibby has had his fair share of fumbles from bad form or bad habbits.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think people are overplaying the rain. It rained for about a half of a quarter. See our white unis at the end of the game? Some green stains on the knees - thats it. Fields have drainage and are covered as needed. Refs obsess over keeping the ball dry presnap. For as heavy as it rained 2 hours before the game and during - it was a non factor in any failures including all the games turnovers. The name of the game is very often turnovers - and they were bigger than Logan's drops or not running enough on first down. If all the turnovers happened during the 3rd quarter rains, yeah lets talk rain. I could see the field and players. Hats and helmets go a long ways to making sure visibility is a non issue.

Wow we have come a long ways since seeing RG3's knee blown out on our painted green dirt. The field was immaculate. Yeah i went there. I didn't see one player slip.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We traded up for a long snapper who two years in is struggling with long snapping. 

This franchise man...

I've talked to some folks on the ground who want Rivera off the field and in the front office.

Your point is exactly why despite how much respect for him that would be ten times worse.

Rivera is bad at personnel enough he just can't be in the front office or picking them, he'd do less damage jus being HC and let Bieniemy and JDR do what they want with their sides of the ball.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

7 hours ago, Conn said:

download (8).jpg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Conn said:

I read this article about five minutes ago and I'm still shaking my head. You've summed my reaction up perfectly.

• Like 2

You’ll never convince me that Snyder’s not contagious.  Has anyone that has ever worked directly for him not eventually turned into a shell of their former selves?  It’s like all the drama, stress and close proximity to Dan eventually just kills off whatever positives a person has.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You’ll never convince me that Snyder’s not contagious.  Has anyone that has ever worked directly for him ever not eventually turned into a shell of their former selves?  It’s like all the drama, stress and close proximity to Dan eventually just kills off whatever positives a person has.

Yeah another reason why ultimately IMO we want to rid that building with those tied/hired by Dan.  Clean start over.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah another reason why ultimately IMO we want to rid that building with those tied/hired by Dan.  Clean start over.

I have no doubt that will happen immediately after the season is over.  It will be a purge of everyone brought in under Snyder.  Josh Harris is being smart, evaluating things this season and not coming in with sweeping changes right off the bat, but ultimately he and his team will decide to completely clean the slate - tabula rasa, baby.  He's the anti-Snyder in that regard. 

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 2

Have we at least brought in some long snappers for a look? Shouldn't long snappers be the least of a football teams problems? Do we have any long-snappers here on ExtremeSkins that can show up for practice and show RR what a good long-snapper looks like? 

A long-snapper who can't reach the holder is as bad as it gets.....it's like a pitcher who can't reach the plate. If we lose a game now because of Cheeseman, RR is gonna have a LOT of explaining to do since he opened his mouth about waiting for something bad to happen. Who's our ST coach, how come that person isn't speaking up and bringing in some competition? 

This is laughable that we even have to talk about this. If we can bring in Crowder to replace an injured Milne, surely we can bring in a new long-snapper?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Have we at least brought in some long snappers for a look? Shouldn't long snappers be the least of a football teams problems? Do we have any long-snappers here on ExtremeSkins that can show up for practice and show RR what a good long-snapper looks like? 

A long-snapper who can't reach the holder is as bad as it gets.....it's like a pitcher who can't reach the plate. If we lose a game now because of Cheeseman, RR is gonna have a LOT of explaining to do since he opened his mouth about waiting for something bad to happen. Who's our ST coach, how come that person isn't speaking up and bringing in some competition? 

This is laughable that we even have to talk about this. If we can bring in Crowder to replace an injured Milne, surely we can bring in a new long-snapper?

Makes all the sense in the world. I figure there's two reasons why it hasn't occurred:

• They don't want to give up on the Cheese due to how much draft capital was spent on him 
  • There are not many good long snappers...seems like the easiest job (if you can't kick far) but evidently there's more to it.