Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Pew Pew Pew... Shots... Explosives

KDawg

Coming from RR, a coach who had no clue whether we were or were not in the playoff hunt, I'm not the least but surprised. Someone here posted something a few months back about RR basically portraying some kind of HC figure from a movie. I agree. And I'd add that RR looks the part and plays the role, but fails miserably at executing the responsibilities of that role. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, skinzplay said:

Coming from RR, a coach who had no clue whether we were or were not in the playoff hunt, I'm not the least but surprised. Someone here posted something a few months back about RR basically portraying some kind of HC figure from a movie. I agree. And I'd add that RR looks the part and plays the role, but fails miserably at executing the responsibilities of that role. 

If I recall it weas Hoffman who made the comment that Ron comes off at times like he's playing a character as a HS football coach in a movie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I recall it weas Hoffman who made the comment that Ron comes off at times like he's playing a character as a HS football coach in a movie. 

Yeah, I think one if the folks here referenced it in a post...... must've been where I read it 

Once again Ron's words are a far greater problem than his actions..

There's nothing wrong with trying to work through struggles with a player especially if it hasn't presented a problem on the field but it's high level stupid to word it that way.

If he had just said it's a problem and in conjunction with the special teams coach we're working on getting  it corrected, nobody would have a serious issue with that.

It almost feels like he's trying so hard not to stuff his foot in his mouth that it's become a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 9
  • Thumb up 1

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:  It's better to keep your mouth shut and your answers brief, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt of your stupidity.  He should just answer these questions from the media in yes/no mode for the rest of the season, or however long he is still the HC of this team.  He still has time to lock himself in a room when he's not game-planning to watch some Bill Belichick press conferences, and mimic that going forward.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: "It's better to keep your mouth shut and your answers brief, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt of your stupidity."

-Buddha probably 

-Samy316

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My guy is on IR with a groin injury.....  (left with no comment.)

Remember once when I was like 12 I was watching sportcenter and the ticker at the bottom said Randy Johnson had been scratched from his start due to stiffness in his groin. 22 years later I’m still laughing about it. 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, TheBlueIndian said:

This Cheesecake guy has got to be freaking mental. I remember hearing in the pre-season that he was experimenting with a new technique  ?

I think the data has confirmed that the experiment has failed.

I'm having a hard time understanding what necessitated this in the first place.  I don't recall too many issues with the snapper last season, why the hell is cheesecake rolling out new coke ? 

You have literally one job dude. They should cut him for being that stupid. Just to make a point.

I disagree. I think the fact that they're sticking with it means that something is going right. What Way said during the preseason was it was about ball speed and spin. My question is, is it now getting there faster even with the bounce? Like, what's the net effect? 

People are complaining but wasn't he a pro bowler last year? If he's saving time on these kicks and can perfect this spin it can help us. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I disagree. I think the fact that they're sticking with it means that something is going right. What Way said during the preseason was it was about ball speed and spin. My question is, is it now getting there faster even with the bounce? Like, what's the net effect? 

People are complaining but wasn't he a pro bowler last year? If he's saving time on these kicks and can perfect this spin it can help us. 

I would assume faster. Otherwise it would be harder for Way to corral so many misfires and still bring it laces out to the kicking spot on time. Yet Way has so far done it, so there's gotta be some extra juice right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redskinss said:

Once again Ron's words are a far greater problem than his actions..

There's nothing wrong with trying to work through struggles with a player especially if it hasn't presented a problem on the field but it's high level stupid to word it that way.

If he had just said it's a problem and in conjunction with the special teams coach we're working on getting  it corrected, nobody would have a serious issue with that.

It almost feels like he's trying so hard not to stuff his foot in his mouth that it's become a self fulfilling prophecy.

I don’t know… You’re coming across as mighty negative lately.  :ols:

Also, I agree with you. His intent isn’t the issue so much as he loves to insert his foot squarely in his mouth at the nearest opportunity at all times. Always ready. Like a cat… pouncing on the opportunity. 

Edited by KDawg

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t know… You’re coming across as mighty negative lately.  :ols:

Also, I agree with you. His intent isn’t the issue so much as he loves to insert his foot squarely in his mouth at the nearest opportunity at all times. Always ready. Like a cat… pounding on the opportunity. 

I was just thinking, "Man, if Howell can thread the needles like Ron does, then we're never losing a game!"