Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Pew Pew Pew... Shots... Explosives

KDawg

37 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

It worries me that EB wanted a guy like Wylie here, It's also upsetting that we're on the hook for over $7.5 MM in dead cap if we need to cut him after the season.

This signing looked so bad from the jump, why sign a guard who only played tackle due to other players getting injured, and then give him $12MM guaranteed.

Another really dumb decision by our FO.

Because they dig each other?

5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Will VOR and SIP’s debates about PFF become legendary? 😆

No, because as I said above, I’m really just doing it to needle @Skinsinparadise.  

I even said that in the post above and he wrote War and Peace to prove a point. I wish I had that kind of time…

Im starting to think SIP has stock in PFF or is a secret admirer of Chris Collinsworth.  :P 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Flip side: they know him.  I’ll bet on Jack to solve Haddock, and Payne, Allen and Sweat to blow him up.

I want him to play against us because Ridder doesn’t look to be good and Haddock is appreciably worse. Gives us a better chance to win.

Also, if Rodgers is hurt and doesn’t play for the Jets when we play them, that would be good too….

Maybe. 

We play the Jets at the end of December. It is possible he will back by then if not a season ending injury. Will know in the next few days. But their D looks good though. 

9 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Maybe. 

We play the Jets at the end of December. It is possible he will back by then if not a season ending injury. Will know in the next few days. But their D looks good though. 

It’s an Achilles and “it doesn’t look good.” According to the coach.

But whatever.  That’s not the point.  If given the choice, you play the worst QB on your opponent. 

19 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Factoid for my Commie comrades: We have a better chance of finishing the season undefeated than half the league.

And we're still mathematically alive for a playoff spot!  Shula, Marino, and Czonka are getting nervous with their champagne

Edited by petey hodge

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

It worries me that EB wanted a guy like Wylie here, It's also upsetting that we're on the hook for over $7.5 MM in dead cap if we need to cut him after the season.

This signing looked so bad from the jump, why sign a guard who only played tackle due to other players getting injured, and then give him $12MM guaranteed.

Another really dumb decision by our FO.

He’s a proven guard. Just move him inside next year and find a true RT

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No, because as I said above, I’m really just doing it to needle @Skinsinparadise.  

I even said that in the post above and he wrote War and Peace to prove a point. I wish I had that kind of time…

Im starting to think SIP has stock in PFF or is a secret admirer of Chris Collinsworth.  :P 

OK, you got me fooled that its an act partly because taking hard line stances and planting a flag on it seems on brand so I take it at your word.   Remember for example the one on the FO thread about how we want the stories to stop from WP on Dan because it amounts to nothing and just further damages the fan base for no reason?   You hit that point multiple tiimes.  The diatribes on Jay that led to a full thread on the topic.   And on this issue, PFF, your posts weren't just directed at me. 😎

But now you say you don't really mean it.  OK cool.    The only button I got on the topic is I think I am relatively savvy in how it can be used as a tool and how not.  You just globally make a point on it not being useful without explaining anything about it.  I got no problem hitting PFF.  I've done it plenty of times but i can explain where I find it useful and where I don't.  ;)

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It’s an Achilles and “it doesn’t look good.” According to the coach.

But whatever.  That’s not the point.  If given the choice, you play the worst QB on your opponent. 

I'll say for them to end 10-7 which is your prediction and to me is the team's ceiling but certainly in play.  I think they have a decent shot if three things happens.

1.  How they looked last Sunday was an off day and that's not how the team plays this season.  If what we saw on Sunday is them, I think they will end up at my floor, 7-10, maybe worse.

2.  They need to beat Denver

3.  They need to beat Buffalo.

I said this last week if I had to predict a surprise win this year it would be that game.  Josh Allen is good but he's such a high variance player especially on the road.  And he started off poorly last year.  If we get bad Josh Allen we can win that one.

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 7.28.07 AM.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oraphus said:

wait a second.... so what you're telling me is that if Howell is playing badly = he should be benched..... but, if he is playing ok and the rest of the O is bad = we should leave him in?  Its deep insight like this that keeps me coming back to this forum. Thank you for being an invaluable member of this community! 

So the issue i have with this is that i am pretty sure Bienimy saw the same thing everyone else did with Wylie on top of coaching him for several years.. .and then actively pursued him in the off season? Makes me question Beanimies grasp and O line chops. 

The thing about Wylie is.. he can be a superstar tackle, ie. during the chiefs superbowl run last year he didn't allow a single sack in the post season. There are also times he can be a total waste of space. It truly depends on who shows up...

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll say for them to end 10-7 which is your prediction and to me is the team's ceiling but certainly in play.  I think they have a decent shot if three things happens.

1.  How they looked last Sunday was an off day and that's not how the team plays this season.  If what we saw on Sunday is them, I think they will end up at my floor, 7-10, maybe worse.

2.  They need to beat Denver

3.  They need to beat Buffalo.

I said this last week if I had to predict a surprise win this year it would be that game.  Josh Allen is good but he's such a high variance player especially on the road.  And he started off poorly last year.  If we get bad Josh Allen we can win that one.

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 7.28.07 AM.png

Honestly I was glad when ZW came in and threw an INT.. gave me 300 bucks on draft kings lol

7 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

The thing about Wylie is.. he can be a superstar tackle, ie. during the chiefs superbowl run last year he didn't allow a single sack in the post season. There are also times he can be a total waste of space. It truly depends on who shows up...

Honestly I was glad when ZW came in and threw an INT.. gave me 300 bucks on draft kings lol

When we signed him I posted a few videos about how he was constantly being allowed to hold and how the poor field conditions took the speed of the pass rush away.

Now that he isn't on the Chiefs, he's gonna get called for ****. He is not good, let alone superstar caliber. 

Like Sip has said multiple times, he generally has perfect technique, but also has a lot of head scratching big misses, like we saw Sunday. 

• Like 4

Doc Walker on The Junkies said I give players a 3 game grace period then pull them.  Now they have 2 left.

He was specifically referring to Wylie and Thomas. 

Said these aren't our children we just dropped off at day care.

Lol

Edited by HigSkin
  • Haha 8

17 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Doc Walker on The Junkies said I give players a 3 game grace period then pull them.  Now they have 2 left.

He was specifically referring to Wylie and Thomas. 

Said these aren't our children we just dropped off at day care.

Lol

I mentioned previously Doc Walker and Lyndell who watched camp has a segment the previous week and at one point they just go, lets call it for what it is and that is "Wylie sucks".

Was surprised to hear that from Doc considering he's typically pretty nice about individual players, he's usually tougher when he talks about the whole team.  Not that i think that much about Docs takes.  But I do find him amusing in short stints.

Logan is really the hold out on Wylie.  And I love Logan so when i make fun of the takes on the O line, nothing personal.   I think Logan's podcasts and appearances are awesome.  But the O line stuff makes little sense to me.  And no @Voice_of_Reason that's not because his instincts are different than mine.  It's because his instincts are different from everyone else covering the team. 

And the kicker is they are a lot different than Logan's earlier takes about the unit going for weeks into camp.  Specifically about Wylie I recall the podcasts about him where he made points including:

A.  He doesn't look good against power rushers

B.  He doesn't physically look like the standard RT -- and he didn't say as a complement

C.  He struggles with our backup edge rushers in camp

D.  Montez Sweat is killing him just about everyday -- dealing with pass rushers like Sweat isn't Wylie's kind of thing.

But then it switched to the units strength is their chemistry both on the field and off the field.   And its a better unit than the individual play.  Even though others who cover the team especially Keim like to say that it might take awhile to develop that chemistry and that might be an issue.

I do believe Paulsen believes in what he's saying.  But considering its a wild departure from his earlier takes and ditto off of everyone who covers this team -- my guess is Rivera wanting more positivity about the unit (a point made if I recall from Keim after the coaches took note of the negative takes from the media in practice) and or Logan's just positive glass half full take about the team took hold.  

I hope he's right since he's be a mile the biggest believer in the unit outside of maube 3 people give or take here.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nfl-power-rankings-week-2/

16. Washington Commanders

USATSI_21390262.jpg

(Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports)

Last Week: 16

They really tried to lose to the consensus worse team in the NFL, but Sam Howell and the offense did enough to get the job done, and the defense held the Cardinals to just 210 total yards. Howell needs to protect the ball better going forward, but a win is a win.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I am not saying the O line was flawless, they were definitely to blame for some of the issues, but I do not think they are responsible for all the issues.   Logan Thomas dropped a couple of passes early on that hurt momentum. I think they should have used Robinson more in the beginning of the game to open things up a bit, may have been able to take some decent shots downfield. Howell was flushed from the pocket numerous times on Sunday.  As a big Carolina fan, it looked like a flashback from Howell's last year in Carolina. Run for your life or get bulldozed.  I just do not think the O attack was as balanced as it should have been in the 1st half.  I think EB made some decent adjustments at half time and incorporated Robinson in the 2nd half.   I still think this team is capable of 10-7 this year. The talent is there. And I never saw any adjustments by Turner as OC, when things were not working on O. 

10 hours ago, petey hodge said:

And we're still mathematically alive for a playoff spot!  Shula, Marino, and Czonka are getting nervous with their champagne

Shula's dead and Marino was watching the Banana Splits in January, 1973 so it's not his record.  But, yeah, this may be the only thing that makes the Czonk nervous -- the thought that the Commandies may go 17-0 in the regular season and then win the Super Bowl.

• Haha 1

They move the Rams up 12, Buccs up 8, but Giants down only 3. They shouldn't discount one thing but give extra credit to another. Our ranking didn't change and honestly seems fair. We got the 'W' we were supposed to get, but questions haven't been answered, while at least past seasons strengths are still there. So it seems fair to stay put.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 11.27.31 AM.png

Giants at 14 post Sunday night is insane.  I understand first weeks can be deceiving.  But still you can't just discard it like it didn't happen either.

And the Pats losing 3 spots after a close loss to Eagles while the Giants and Steelers lose 3 and 2 respectively after getting blown out.